Author Topic: Trail Gear Trans mount vs OEM  (Read 15334 times)

Ritchie

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 539
  • Male Posts: 267
  • Member since May '13
  • Ritchie
    • View Profile
Re: Trail Gear Trans mount vs OEM
« on: Jan 05, 2014, 03:30:46 PM »
The only thing I dislike about the TG mounts is that they use garbage bushings that are proprietary -- strange, non-standard triangular shaped bushings. The HD t/case mounts we carry have always used high quality USA-made and standard round sized Daystar or Energy Suspension bushings. I'm not sure why their mounts are not a direct replacement. I didn't know this until now.

Here is the mount we carry, made right here in California by Locktup with USA-steel and USA-made Daystar bushings (standard American size that can be found anywhere).

We even charge less than TG while supporting great American products :thumbs:

http://www.marlincrawler.com/armor/crossmember/crossmember-mount-hd

BigMike

Wow... did I receive this quick after I ordered.  Thanks Big Mike.
Over the holidays, I also received the TG crossmember/ skid including hardware that I will install once I get my trans issues squared away.

Here is a story preface:
It seems the trans shop installed the wrong torque converter after I had my newly acquired A340F re-built/ installed. All was fine until the 1st new converter internally grenaded, plugging the filter which while driving, I ended up coasting into a vacant parking lot and waiting for a tow truck... that sucked.

The shop repaired it on their dime but, I ended up with the wrong converter.
Once this is complete, I will install the newly acquired TC mount & other goods.  I would like a set of Marlin's 3RZ modified OEM  motor mounts Big Mike, hint, hint.

Thanks for the replies.
'03 Step side Pre-runner, F/R 4WU 3 linked, F/R Diamond axles, F/R ARB's w/5.29's, F/R Fox 12" CO's, ShrockWorks front bumper, self made rear bumper, WARN M8000S w/ remote, 4.7 Inchworm Lefty, MC sliders that hold air & a bunch of other stuff.