Author Topic: ALLPRO Leafs OR Trail gear 3/4 link?  (Read 11934 times)

TacoRunner

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 19177
  • Male Posts: 2,324
  • Member since Feb '04
  • The 1st 3RZ swap 99'-01'
    • View Profile
    • 4wheelunderground
Re: ALLPRO Leafs OR Trail gear 3/4 link?
« on: Dec 06, 2013, 04:04:56 PM »
Getting brackets for cheap from others and knowing where to put them to get you max performance are two different things. And while some one could copy the geometry they'd have to do a lot of adding to said brackets to put things in the same spot. Not saying impossible by any means just making it known that the extra effort to do so may out weigh the cost of just buying the ones already built for it. You may even want to just build your own stuff from scratch.

Most companies build brackets for the sole purpose of being cheap to produce and for being 100% universal to any truck, frame or axle. Which is why you find so many companies offering brackets that put the upper link directly above the lower link. Less metal, less welding = less cost. Which kind of leads one to think that it's a bracket kit not a "SUSPENSION" bracket kit. The difference should be obvious if you think about it. Last I checked all of us that are deciding to go to a linked suspension are doing it for the performance, not because we like to spend money. (I can buy universal cabinets for my kitchen from Home Depot, doesn't mean I am not in for a lot more work installing them, or they will work as well for my particular home and give my wife the room she needs by taking advantage of space offered in corners or utilize the limited space I have.) Same thing applies in this instance. Custom cabinets would certainly be better in the long run. Not as easy on the pocket book, but I know that Im not going to be redoing them a year from now because I am unhappy with a portion of it.

Over priced: Really! Wow didn't see that coming. The only thing we sell that is truly our own are the brackets. Everything else is provided by other manufacturers and we retail those parts for the MSRP. We aren't marking things up past what they are available for any where else. I am also not saying you cant get cheaper versions of what we provide to supplement those components either. But with most things you get what you pay for. Example: all of our tube adapters are hex shape so that when you tighten your inks down you have a spot to put a wrench instead of use a pipe wrench on your links and put teeth marks in them. Important to some: yes, but not all. If you like the round ones from some one else then that's your purgative. All of which is why we sell the pieces in multiple forms. So that we fit YOUR needs.

And I know all of this begs the question; are my systems really better then someone else's. I can only tell you what I've been told by guys that have built their own and now use mine. "YES!!!"  Sounds like a sales pitch. So why is it that nearly everyone this year that has purchased from me has a buddy that has had them for the last year and told them "just go get the 4WU stuff".... I'll leave that to you to ponder. 

P.S.
No one running our stuff regrets it either.
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2013, 11:49:04 PM by TacoRunner »
www.4WHEELUNDERGROUND.com
info@4wheelunderground.com
AKA The GODFATHER The 3RZ Original

Performance Tuned shocks for Leaf Sprung Vehicles   http://www.4wheelunderground.com/Tuning.html