Author Topic: Newbie check in from so cal.  (Read 5704 times)

Davidyoung1377

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Nov '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie check in from so cal.
« on: Nov 13, 2013, 06:02:32 PM »
Thanks for all the replies. I love my truck but think I have to get to 11 posts I. Order to post pics. I have a hard time posting a lot cause I have limited experience. I try to answer all my questions reading what's already up and so far that's done me pretty good.

Big mike. I get between 10 and 15 average 12 with the 2.6. It is the best and worst part about my truck. I love the power but don't like the problems I've had. My father in law had it built when he had the truck and it has been problematic. I wish I was more familiar with the toyota stuff but I just am not sure where to start with it. When I got the truck the motor had been recently rebuilt having around 20k miles on it total and maybe 5000 since the rebuild.  (I was out with him when it popped).I was told not to hook up the o2 sensor since the previous failure had been due to it running lean. The mechanic who rebuilt it adjusted the afm and that is where I am at. It's burned a ton of oil since I got it and gets terrible mpg. I have only ever used it off road and lived with the problems cause the power has always been good and I don't put that many miles on it. I have always wanted to fix it but really don't know where to start and money has always been an issue since I know it was expensive. I wanted to go with a swap cause I like the idea of a completely stock engine and the reliability of it. I don't know if my problems have to do with the performance aspect of my engine or just a shoddy builder but I want to keep the power I have and be more reliable. I recently decided that since it hasn't been getting much attention and I love the truck, I am going to sell my commuter and use that money to get my runner more reliable and getting better mpg. So I can drive it everyday. I love this truck. I think the power is perfect(although a little more is always good) and just want to get it right.

Nation. I wish I could join you but I am busy working 6 days and worry about having to be towed home. Thank you though I appreciate the invite.
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2013, 06:14:48 PM by Davidyoung1377 »
You stay classy San Diego