Author Topic: Colorado For Sale, Want to buy, want to trade thread  (Read 83811 times)

scheefdog

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 37
  • Member since Jul '11
    • View Profile
Sad to sell, but I have other priorities right now and don't like to see this truck just sitting around. Curious to hear what you guys think I should ask for a selling price. Will post up on craigslist soon.

1979 Toyota Pickup

Was completely stock when I bought it a couple year ago and had a blown motor. Here is all the major work I have done and I'm probably forgetting some stuff:

Rebuilt 20/22r hybrid motor with 2,500k miles. All receipts from replacement parts. Runs really strong.
Weber carburetor currently installed - have a freshly re-built factory Aisin carb with adapter plates from LCE also.  TG header.

Old man emu leaf springs all around, new bushings, and 5” shackles. U-bolt flip kits.

Trail gear high-steer with IFS steering box and frame plating.

Fully rebuilt front axle with new birfields. 4.30 differential out of newer Toyota. IFS vented rotor upgrade with new calipers.

IFS rear axle with 4.30 TRD electric elocker (needs to be wired up).

285/65R16 BFG All-Terrains in good shape on 02 Tacoma wheels (5 matching wheels and tires). 1.5” spacers in the front to match IFS width.

Brake master cylinder from newer Toyota with new braided brake lines.

Newer style alternator from 22RE with integrated regulator. New battery when engine was re-built.

Custom bumpers front and rear. Front has space for winch to mount as well as a receiver. Rear has a receiver mount.

Inside of cab has bedliner on the floor (cut-out rust and welded in new sheet metal in floor boards). Bucket seats out of late 90s Toyota.

Truck body has rust and dent spots, but is in good shape considering the age. Would look sharp with a little body work and new paint. The bed is in decent shape and not rusted thru like most.

Still has the original 4 speed transmission which is solid, but the linkage needs to be worked on because it likes to pop out of reverse under full load. Clutch and flywheel is in good shape. The driveshaft joints need to be rebuilt with new u-joints. d

Hoping to sell to someone who wants to keep restoring the truck to near original conditional and have a very capable trail rig, not someone who wants to chop it up.

Truck is currently located in Gunnison in a garage, I'm living in Golden so I will only meet someone if they are really serious. I can email pictures of all work I have done.

How much do you think it is worth?

1979 RN37 (sold), 02 Tundra, 88 XtraCab 3.4 swapped