Author Topic: 63' Sundeer for sale  (Read 1617 times)

Wainiha

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 743
  • Male Posts: 1,170
  • Member since Jan '12
    • View Profile
Re: 63' Sundeer for sale
« on: Jun 17, 2013, 11:20:12 AM »
From the Carribean to Hawaii he was learning the boat.  He dumped half the fresh water out accidently and broke the water maker.  One sail tore and fell into the water.  He spent 4 hours on his hands and knees unsucessfully trying to save it.  THIS A 73 year old man now.

He skipped the Galapagos and when he got to Kauai they wanted him to go back.  You're not alowed to skip a declared destination.  Some old maritime law concerning piracy I think.

Second trip:  Kauai to WA state.  His auto pilot failed.  He had to sleep only an hour at a time.  His head gasket blew and had to get towed into port.

Coming back from WA and entering the harbor here his Furl Boom sail would not retract.  Which it has to if you want to motor into a slip. 

I had to swim out into the harbor shipping lane to climb aboard and help.  Needless to say the coast was unhappy about me doing that.  Then cirlcling around a few times we passed the cruise ship.  BIG NO-NO. Homeland Security and all that.  The Coast Guard came out, unveiled their deck mounted machine and targetted us. 

It was along day. 

B.ust O.ut A.nother T.housand  -  BOAT   That's an understament-he spent $10,000 on rigging line alone!   You see why he has to sell.

Did everyone know that some of Islands he sailed to like Kiribati are under water?  The whole country has to leave.  They're trying to find a host country to give them a sovereign peice of land to move to.  New Guinea IIRC

And the craziest thing is beacuse he sails by himself no company will insure his 3/4 of a million boat!  I asked my mother at what he would abandon the ship.  You have to scuttle it if you want the Coast Gaurd to rescue you(they are not a tow company).   My mother's response, "He'll go done with ship"

SO, who got rich lately and wants a massive money pit? :gap:
2000 3.4L xtra-cab Tacoma.
Icon C/Os
Marlin 1200lb. clutch
Marlin short shifter
FLOODED...GONE

2005 4.0L xtra-cab Tacoma
King Resi C/Os and Total Chaos UCAs
Waiting on Marlin for the RA60 Short throw shifter...Hint Hint
FLOODED...GONE

2012 4.0L xtra-cab 4x4 Tacoma
Automatic...Don't shoot...