Author Topic: whistlin dixie, 85 stretched, d60 14bolt, turbo diesel  (Read 28524 times)

yotacrawler1

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 259
  • Member since Sep '11
  • 1985, on wontons
    • View Profile
well... haven't updated this in awhile. but the route ive been taking on my truck has changed again.
I have a lot less time than I thought i would. so motor swap isnt happening for now anyway,
 And carb rebuild is. i knew this was going to be a challenge. But It's the only route open for me right now haha
need to get truck back on road.
pulled the carb, and seperate main 3 parts and this is what i find in Bowl   :clap:  :clap:

Soooo after going through whole carb and cleaning new gaskets  and dealing with these,

first. not sure what this is. but i could tell it was bad. so put new diaphragm in there and cleaned it out
was supperr dirty just like bowl. 

the other thing is the Acc pump. after talking to alot of poeple on here and pirate and stuff. i figured out how to diagnose this and found out it was bad.

IMG]http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj608/yotacrawler1/carb005_zpscc854cdc.jpg[/IMG] here it is with cover off. and  one of those holes that was suppose to be not clogged was clogged. 
So now with it all clean and back togeth and oh yeah  :love: Seafoam. hahah
okay so got carb back on truck. and found some cracked vaccum lines and a few missplaced ones. so ripped all the vaccum lines out and bought about another 10feet from napa.
Sense i will be having to smog this truck soon and thanks to a vaccum diagram on bluebass got it all done up  :yawn: :)
random pic lol.

truck runs great now! so stoked. starts right up even when its cold. idles great. and consistent power