Author Topic: Stolen 1984 XtraCab  (Read 5941 times)

PLyota84

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 21
  • Member since Feb '11
    • View Profile
Re: Stolen 1984 XtraCab
« on: Mar 12, 2013, 11:47:03 AM »
So heres the story. About 12 days after the rig was stolen i get a call from CHP saying they found my rig on the side of the road and its in perfect condition just missing the plates...  :yikes:

the next day we head east to willow creek to recover the rig, we get to the tow yard and see far from a clean rig...

Tweakers did a number on this truck. There point of entry was smashing the wind-wing SR5 window. they custom wired the ignition after destroying my old one with a screwdriver, it appears they backed into a tree with the driver door open and thats why the front fender was destroyed as well as bent the :pokinit: out of my door hinges. Not to mention she rammed the front axle into a rock denting the housing right where the ring gear sits and bent living hell out of my tie rod

All electronics were stripped from the truck, very poorly, resulting in many broken original interior pieces. and the cab was full of random tweaker :pokinit:.

Engine was in no condition to be started when we found it, the air cleaner cover was stuffed under my passenger seat and many vac lines were pulled and or missing as well as the hi idle cam screw. It seemed as though the pregnant dog who stole it was too dumb to realize she ran it out of gas. the gas cap was in the bed in the pile of :pokinit: back there and the carb reeked of gas as it was obvious she was pouring it straight down the carb

Many small things were missing and or broken such as mirrors, windshield wipers, defrost stuff in dash, hood holder,bent tie rod etc.. But interestingly enough we managed to find a pay stub with a name on it! after multiple conversations with CHP and UPD we learned that this pregnant dog tweaker ASHLEY ROSE HAMRICK, has prior theft charges in the area, lives with her mom in willow creek and she had a court date the same day i recovered the truck which she missed, which was for some kind of felony probation. If anyone knows this person or ever comes in contact let me know. i will drive out to find this tweaker in a heartbeat.

Here is how the rig currently sits, engines running OK has a pretty bad backfire occasionally on decel and alot of popcorn backfires once off the gas. ARBs seem to be functioning still, took the rig out for a shakedown, they locked up and stayed locked while the  compressor wasnt cycling a ridiculous amount of times. needs a new front bumper as they trashed my old one, rear tube bumper held up fine was just pushed into the body a bit from where she backed the truck into a big dirt hill.
STOLEN!!! 84 SR5 XtraCab, 22r, stock cases:(, 5.29s ARB F&R HP/V6, 35" MTRs w/ Kevlar, 15x8 black steelies, Caged and Armored