Author Topic: Hello from San Luis Obispo  (Read 4640 times)

worthingtontw

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jul '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from San Luis Obispo
« on: Aug 03, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »
Yeah, you pay a little more with the Labs but I can assure you first hand, the craftsmanship is top of the line. I am friends with Luke the owner and he is a stand up guy. When I built my 4runner he lent me his shop welder - no questions asked - for a weekend when my buddys took a crap on us.

He is also a personal friend of Marlin, and likewise, has many of the same traits. He sees you broken down he won't hesitate to help. There are only a few outlets I spend my money at when it comes to my Toyotas. Marlin and 4x4 Labs are two that will always have my business. You won't be dissapointed going with the Labs adapter.

Well I guess that's the route I'll be going then. For now though I just go my hands on the front suspension parts I was after less the T100 axles and the IFS steering box so I should start designing the suspension next week.

OK stupid question time. If I were to start a build thread on here, where should I put it? I'm guessing in vehicle specific but I didn't really see any build threads there. I'll primarily doing the thread over on Expedition Portal but I figured I'd mirror it here because there is a lot of talent and as I said before, having people from different backgrounds critiquing my work and offering ideas is a very good thing. Never know what great idea someone has! Also I feel it will probably be fairly relevant to those of us who are not going hard core in one direction.
1980 Toyota Hilux Expedition project (_______) 0% done, just starting out