Author Topic: Found it. In mud creek.  (Read 7347 times)

86RTEC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 29
  • Member since Sep '11
    • View Profile
Found it. In mud creek.
« on: Sep 29, 2014, 02:37:28 AM »
Well found the truck half way stripped in mud creek. A random guy saw it down there, found my name on the reg and showed up at my door. He gave us a ride to the spot, helped us put wheels on it and towed me out.... Its missing a bunch of random crap... Looks like a tweaker job (they took the headliner and cut the arb pump out with a sawzall??) But the block, tranny, tcase and axles were all there.... I wanted some different tires and rims anyway!! stole my brake lines and took the nuts off my shackles but, all and all they left her in tact. thanks mister tweaker theif for running out of meth before you stole more :pokinit:!!
To the moon!

Nation

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1141
  • Male Posts: 1,565
  • Member since Mar '13
  • @nationallmotors
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
Re: Found it. In mud creek.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2014, 07:10:47 AM »
Death to tweakers!  Glad you got the rig back!!
3RZ, LC engineering Turbo kit, R151, Dual Ultimate, Yota axles-5:29s, Spartan front, LSD Rear

86RTEC [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2014, 09:21:46 PM »
Thank you so much. ! On a negative note, I called chp to notify them i got my rig back. The officer arrived at my house and started questioning me about my truck; year make model, etc. I told him it was an 86 toyota turbo pickup. He then repeated himself and asked for the model. I said turbo. Then he said something to the tune of, "Somethings not right this looks like insurance fraud." And because i only got an hour of sleep last night digging my truck out of the creek, I let my anger get the better of me and began to shout at him and asked him to leave. He turned to leave then turned back around and said, "so you want to play it like that ill just call and get it towed away" Then i asked Are you fiin kidding? Then he approached me and started to scream "Put down the pot sir!" ( i was eating macaroni and cheese) I put down the pot and he proceeded to run up and hand cuff me and throw me on the ground in my own front yard.... Then he called two other officers to the scene, took off the handcuffs and left. The other officers were very cordial and took my information, "released" the vehicle to me and left.

needless to say im pretty bummed at his actions. Have a buddy of mine that witnessed the whole incident... I was helping him fix an exhaust leak on his truck at the time the officer arrived. I don't know what to do. I am a full time student and don't really have time to get bogged down in a court case, but I feel like his actions were inexcusable. What would you do?
To the moon!

1985CRAWLER

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 267
  • Male Posts: 1,163
  • Member since Feb '13
  • Backyard Built
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2014, 09:47:09 PM »
thank god u got it back man! i was spreading the word all over for ya.

stupid tweakers, hope the damn guy gets a bad batch and falls off a cliff lol

take it to court man! thats not right :shakehead:

maybe u can win some $$ to fix your truck back up!
low n' slow 85 runner SR5 22re,rcvs ,Duals,5.29s,Detroits f&r,40s,RUF,Chevy 63 rears,Armored,Cage

bobbed and beat 91 ex cab,3RZ swapped,dual ultimates, dana 44 sas 5.38/5.29 combo,37s, RUF, 63 rears,ARB front, detroit rear,cage

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=96250.msg1073007;topicseen#msg1073007

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=26920.390

helipilot77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1018
  • Male Posts: 1,725
  • Member since Jul '12
  • Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
    • My build thread
« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2014, 09:54:41 PM »
That happened to my wife once for driving with her headlights off she got cuffed and tossed in the back of their squad car in our driveway. The least you should do is file a formal complaint with his supervisor. That is what my wife did and she was assured that they would be yelled at and she at least got an apology from their supervisor.
-1987 SR5 4runner, 1KZ-t turbo diesel with mech. pump
 & custom 3" S.S. dump pipe, R-151f transmission, marlin dual ultimate transfer cases w/ triple shifter, SAS, 35's https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=98969.0
-1984 SR5 Tercel 4wd wagon bone stock - given to my nephew https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=100547.0
-1:10 scale RC 4wd crawler w/yota axles, R2 2 speed enclosed dig tranny and 1st gen 4Runner body by BigBird
-My front axle service write-up http://board.marlincrawler.com/i

Nation

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '13
  • @nationallmotors
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2014, 05:21:33 AM »
Don't let them get away with that crap. Stop it from happening to the next guy.  If that's how it went down that guy has no business being an officer. They're not there to show us how tough they are. They're here to protect and serve. His anger has probably already ruined someone else's life by "overcharging them" cuz they had an opinion.    :_order:
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2014, 05:27:19 AM by NATION »
3RZ, LC engineering Turbo kit, R151, Dual Ultimate, Yota axles-5:29s, Spartan front, LSD Rear

OVRAROK

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Online Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26739
  • Male Posts: 3,500
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2014, 06:10:24 AM »
I would file a complaint with dept, at least it will keep this hot head from messing with you in the future, it's hard for some people in power, not to exploit it.He may have had recent complaint s about him,the dept will only put up with so much,another avenue to take would be to call your local newspaper, tell your story to them. On a good note, glad you got your truck back
Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,582
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2014, 02:27:11 PM »
Thank you so much. ! On a negative note, I called chp to notify them i got my rig back. The officer arrived at my house and started questioning me about my truck; year make model, etc. I told him it was an 86 toyota turbo pickup. He then repeated himself and asked for the model. I said turbo. Then he said something to the tune of, "Somethings not right this looks like insurance fraud." And because i only got an hour of sleep last night digging my truck out of the creek, I let my anger get the better of me and began to shout at him and asked him to leave. He turned to leave then turned back around and said, "so you want to play it like that ill just call and get it towed away" Then i asked Are you fiin kidding? Then he approached me and started to scream "Put down the pot sir!" ( i was eating macaroni and cheese) I put down the pot and he proceeded to run up and hand cuff me and throw me on the ground in my own front yard.... Then he called two other officers to the scene, took off the handcuffs and left. The other officers were very cordial and took my information, "released" the vehicle to me and left.

needless to say im pretty bummed at his actions. Have a buddy of mine that witnessed the whole incident... I was helping him fix an exhaust leak on his truck at the time the officer arrived. I don't know what to do. I am a full time student and don't really have time to get bogged down in a court case, but I feel like his actions were inexcusable. What would you do?
Contact an Attorney immediately so you can start any legal proceedings against the CHP and the department.  There wont be any costs on your part for the Attorney if there is a potential settlement coming.  He wasn't there in response to a crime in progress/nor did he observe a crime in progress, he was there as nothing more than a civil servant taking statement to close a complaint(theft of your truck), and clearly over reacted once he was told to leave.

This Findlaw link will help you get started looking for an Attorney,
http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/civil-rights/chico/california

If you don't want to go to an Attorney first, and want to discuss your issue with someone first, you might want to contact Northern School of Law in Chico http://www.calnorthern.edu/.

If you are going to Chico state, you might want to contact Prof. Dane Cameron, and discuss your issue with him, I am not sure if he is still practicing or not, but he would be able to advise you, or maybe give you the number of an Attorney.

CLIC in Chico would also be another option. 
https://lawyers.justia.com/legalservice/community-legal-information-center-clic-11020

If you feel like you were victimized by the CHP officer, don't let him get away with it, the next guy may end up dead.  Just think what could have happened if you told him to F-off when he told you to drop the pot, if it were me I would want his job as well as cash, his type of behavior shouldn't be tolerated.
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod

86RTEC [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep 30, 2014, 02:35:18 PM »
Thank you all.
To the moon!

Nation

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '13
  • @nationallmotors
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #9 on: Sep 30, 2014, 03:37:12 PM »
Throw the book at that guy. Imagine what he'd do to you if you threw someone on the ground. You'd go to jail. You may be really helping someone out down the line. Best of luck buddy! Keep us posted.

86RTEC [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sep 30, 2014, 07:32:24 PM »
Went and filed a complaint today. One of the other, more reasonable officers just stopped by my house to tell me that a blue 92 4 Runner was just recovered in the same creek (mud creek, chico) and they are trying to figure out who it belongs to... So if anyone in chico or surrounding areas had their runner stolen, contact chico pd. Kinda wierd that he would come to my house to tell me, but ill look on the bright side and take it as a peace offering.
To the moon!

86RTEC [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sep 30, 2014, 07:37:56 PM »
Went to the paper with the story and they told me it was small potatoes. Said i would have had to sustain serious injury for it to be news worthy. Went to a lawyer and he told me no lawyer would take the case pro bono because the amount they would stand to gain would not offset the labor cost. And I got no doe. But still need to explore the CLIC option. Maybe can get the sympathy of some atourney somewhere. But honestly, i think the complaint route is the best route. He gets a slap and i get to do my homework.
To the moon!

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,582
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sep 30, 2014, 08:46:25 PM »
Yes, it is an issue being a white male when it comes to police misconduct, but don't give up on the attorney yet, you have to look at them like Dr.'s, and get a few more opinions, I wouldn't give up until I heard the same thing from 6 or more. 
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #13 on: Oct 02, 2014, 08:26:56 PM »
I don't get some of these officer's sometimes, he should have taken the report and if he felt it was and insurance fraud case turned it over to a detective to pursue. Not his call to make on if you were committing a crime by filling the report. On the illegal detention of you, I don't know the value of a lawsuit but I'd file a formal complaint at the CHP office that he was from. As to contacting a lawyer that's up to you.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

H8PVMNT

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Dec 23, 2014, 08:23:03 AM »

I would move the heck out of CA!
“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K

kneedownnate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1051
  • Male Posts: 9,755
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jan 01, 2015, 01:37:21 PM »
Any updates?
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

H8PVMNT

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jan 22, 2015, 10:05:28 AM »
I guess the man came and put him in the clink...
“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K

Dingman.

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Turtle Points: 1125
  • Male Posts: 3,448
  • Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jan 22, 2015, 12:46:54 PM »
Glad you recovered the truck!  What a crappy story though about chp, wonder why so many people can't stand law enforcment officers??? <--- sarcasim!  Did you ever even get an apology? 

Oh a side note, i dont even want to drive my runner around anymore because there seems to constantly be a chp running around up here now.   

Yfz559

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Apr '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 09:38:49 PM »
Glade you got it back.

58rennur4

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 204
  • Male Posts: 39
  • Member since Aug '17
  • WHAT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Aug 08, 2017, 05:04:32 PM »
Well found the truck half way stripped in mud creek. A random guy saw it down there, found my name on the reg and showed up at my door. He gave us a ride to the spot, helped us put wheels on it and towed me out.... Its missing a bunch of random crap... Looks like a tweaker job (they took the headliner and cut the arb pump out with a sawzall??) But the block, tranny, tcase and axles were all there.... I wanted some different tires and rims anyway!! stole my brake lines and took the nuts off my shackles but, all and all they left her in tact. thanks mister tweaker theif for running out of meth before you stole more :pokinit:!!

Glad to see it back..