Author Topic: I need a locksmith in Fresno area  (Read 5425 times)

spoolnaround

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 72
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
I need a locksmith in Fresno area
« on: Jan 04, 2017, 08:52:11 PM »
I want to change out all my locks- doors, ignition and tailgate.  Any recommendations?  I want everything keyed alike so I only have 1 key.

spoolnaround [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
Re: I need a locksmith in Fresno area
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2017, 09:09:12 PM »
Or any good ideas to secure my Runner.  What have you guys done?  Its an 84..

knucklebuster

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 271
  • Member since Mar '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2017, 08:18:23 AM »
I always liked the 4 low/reverse/weld loops on the shifters idea there is pics somewhere around here.
The idea of some dumb thief driving in 4lo reverse always makes me giggle!
Don't know if they still make the kryptonite style key locks for autos anymore.

OVRAROK

• Online Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26852
  • Male Posts: 3,506
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2017, 10:23:23 AM »
I would install kill switch, as far as replacing door locks, it's pretty easy, if you can pop your interior door panels off, the rest is easy. I installed "solex" brand door locks. They are a deterrent at most. I have hidden GPS tracker too .Which to me is the best. Unless they bring a van full of people, and steal every vechicle I have, I'll be at there doorstep before the cops  :tantrum:
Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.

spoolnaround [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2017, 02:55:23 PM »
lol I like the gps tracker idea, there are alot of new small units out there.  I also had planned on a kill switch but you know how Fresno area is.  I plan on the chain or bar (this is what I have been mulling around in my brain) set up for sure.

Solex brand huh a quick search and they are an interesting lock, round.

Thanks for the replies.

spoolnaround [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2017, 03:06:31 PM »
ovrarock what did you go with on the gps tracker if you dont mind me asking?  I see the tile and things like that but that requires changing batteries.  I want to avoid that if I can.

OVRAROK

• Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2017, 03:15:05 PM »
ovrarock what did you go with on the gps tracker if you dont mind me asking?  I see the tile and things like that but that requires changing batteries.  I want to avoid that if I can.

I used to have a fleet of trucks for landscaping that I was tracking. I'm using an old land air sea 7100. Runs of small motorcycle battery that is hidden out of the way .No fees, cost 25 cents every time you ping. Nowdays there are so many smaller units that are effective. Been thinking of obtaining ham license, for tracking purposes as well as better communication on the trails

OVRAROK

• Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile

gdmcondev

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 32
  • Member since Dec '16
  • Playing with my childhood TOY
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2017, 08:01:38 AM »
Thanx for the heads up.  Great tool!  I had heard fo them but never researched.  Thank you for doing the home work.

Jimkola

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Feb '18
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 28, 2019, 04:32:09 PM »
It took awhile of watching, but I eventually was able to buy a unused ASP master rekeying kit off eBay for the “K” series Toyota locks. The kit includes the wafers, springs, and most of the chrome bezels you’ll need. It even has the little flaps that cover the key holes. The only bezel that’s different is the tailgate lock, but if you’re careful you can remove and reuse. The rekeying is really pretty simple once you get it apart.
The ASP kit # A-30-104. That’s the original number. It got superseded to  a few times. The last kit part number covered a few different key series, so on eBay sellers always want $100+. So if you can get the 104 kit for $25 or so that be a good price. You can do several locks with one kit, including ignition.

Jose Walsh

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Feb '23
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Feb 08, 2023, 07:55:14 AM »
If you're looking to replace all the locks on your vehicle and key them alike so you have only one key, here are a few recommendations:

Visit a locksmith: An experienced locksmith, like locksmith N20, can re-key all the locks on your vehicle to match a single key, ensuring that you have only one key for all the locks. This is a good option if you have an older vehicle or if you want to maintain the original locks.

Purchase a kit: Some automotive supply companies offer complete lock replacement kits that include all the locks you need for your doors, ignition, and tailgate. These kits often come with the necessary hardware to install the locks, and they are often designed to be keyed alike so you have only one key.

Check the manufacturer: Some vehicle manufacturers offer lock replacement kits that are specific to the make and model of your vehicle. These kits are designed to be a direct replacement for the original locks, and they are often keyed alike so you have only one key.

Regardless of the option you choose, make sure to get the correct parts for your specific make and model, and consider the installation process before proceeding. Replacing locks on a vehicle can be a complex task, and you may need to disassemble parts of the door or other components to access the locks. If you're unsure about the installation process, consider seeking the help of a professional locksmith or mechanic.
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2023, 05:11:11 AM by Jose Walsh »