Author Topic: 29th Annual Rubithon 2017  (Read 10026 times)

bad coco

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
29th Annual Rubithon 2017
« on: Nov 27, 2016, 12:13:27 PM »
Note: this a change to the dates of this year's Rubithon. 

I'm still confirming all the run information, but wanted to put the dates out for the 29th annual Rubithon so people can schedule their vacations.

The dates are from Tuesday July 11th through Sunday July 16th, 2017.

Some important information:  CalStar is now a part of AirMedCare Network.  As such, the cost have raised but so have the benefits.  I will be doing a separate thread that will list all the information concerning the changes.  Here is a link:  https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/calstar-changes-concerning-rubithon-and-others.961773/

Once we have the registration forms completed and updated the Rubithon webpage, I will post a link here as well.
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2017, 05:30:11 PM by bad coco »
Eric Agee KJ6IZI
Retired Chairman for TLCA's Rubithon
Volunteer/Medic for WFTWofCA

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
Re: 29th Annual Rubithon 2017
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2017, 12:30:08 PM »
Happy to announce the online registration for the 29th Annual Rubithon is now live and active on http://www.rubithon.com/registration/index.shtml

Here is the registration link directly:  https://tlca.org/rubithon-registration/

If you normally are a Lead or Committee member, I will be doing my best to email you the correct link directly. 

Thanks for your patients and hope that this year’s form is even easier than last years.

In addition to the air ambulance insurance we have still continue to offer through your registration, there is a separate offer from our partners at AirMedCare Network.  They now offer a Fly U Home plan.  Contact me if you are attending Rubithon itself and would like a PDF of this information.

The air ambulance and Fly U Home plan is open to all TLCA members and those that wheel our trails whether or not you will be attending Rubithon this year. Information on how this additional product works visit the TLCA Events link here:  https://tlca.org/wp-content/uploads/AMCN-Membership-Brochure.pdf

For tracking purposes, it is preferred that you sign up for the air ambulance portion directly with your Rubithon registration, but is not required.  If you prefer you can sign up directy with them using our discount code.  But make sure you don’t do both as you will be charged twice.

Thanks again and look forward to seeing everyone on the trail this year!

Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2017, 09:54:42 PM »
Just as a heads up, if you register between Jan 31st and February 12th, I will not be able to send you the full confirmation unitl after February 14th as I will be at the King of the Hammers.  Stop by Yukon 116 for the VP Racing 4612 if you are down there!

Happy Wheeling!
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2017, 02:39:57 PM »
Happy to report our guys did awesome and won the 4600 class!  We also competed in the 4400 class and was able to finish in regulation and placed 42nd.  Not too shabby for our first time in a 4400 car.

I'm back and almost caught up, so if there are any questions call or email away!
Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2017, 03:46:25 PM »
Congratulations to Andy Pollock.  You are our January winner for the extra grand prize raffle ticket.  You name will go back in the mix and will be eligible for future drawings as well.

For the rest of you, the sooner you get your registrations in, the more chances to get extra grand prize raffle tickets!
Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2017, 05:22:44 PM »
Well anyone that has been following the weather and snow pack here in California has probably seen this coming, but here is the official update.  After much discussion with those that live in the Tahoe area, those with a lot more history on the Rubicon in the spring, the Rubicon Trail Foundation and with the heads of other events, I have come to the conclusion we need to change the dates for this year’s Rubithon.  The new dates will be July 11th-16th.

I have run this past the TLCA President, and my predecessor, Tony Twiddy, and they are in full agreement.  My hope is to make this change with enough notice as to not affect travel plans and vacation selection.  I have contacted all of the run leads and all of the runs will remain unchanged with the exception of the new dates.

I’m sure there will be many questions, so let me try to answer some of them before the phone calls start. 

1.  Why are you doing this?

With the amount of snow in the Tahoe area and the forecasted snow still to come, even the local ski resorts are stating they will be open through July 4th.

This amount of snow can present a safety hazard due to the potential snow drifts and water crossing drop offs on the Tahoma side, and greatly influence whether the trail is even passable.

2.  Can’t we just go in through the Loon side and exit the same way?

Yes, there is a possibility we can get in and out via Loon.  However there are 2 issues that make me think this is not wise.   First, there is the real possibility that the Rubicon will be closed at times by El Dorado County during the run off do to water levels on the trail to prevent soil erosion.  Second, I think we would not be being good stewards of the trail to have that many rigs on it while conditions are that wet, even if the trail is not closed.

3.  What happened to the idea of just camping at South Fork Campground or Airport Flat and doing day trips?

Same reasons as listed in #2 above.

4.  How did you come up with those dates?

I first found out what dates were available for us to be able to use the Springs.  This was the only one available that did not interfere with other local events, work projects on the trail and schools being back into session.  We have such a large number of our participants with school age children, that it was felt there would be too much of an impact if the kids where back in school.  In addition, the other date available is in the middle of fire season.  Several of our leads, including the chairman , are either firefighters or police officers. 

5.  What if I’ve already registered and I can’t make those dates?

I will fully refund your registration.  The only thing that I would not refund is your AirMedCare Network membership and TLCA membership.   Those items are still good and the monies have already been sent to them.  If this creates a hardship, contact me and we can work something out.

6.  What if there is still too much snow or water run of with the new dates?

That issue is still being worked out.  We are looking at other SVRA’s where we might be able to do the event on those dates. 

7.  What should we expect in the Springs?

It will likely be a wet year, I would definitely plan on a lot of bug spray.  Also, there was already a large release of water that we believe may have severely flooded the Springs requiring a lot of clean up.  Bring a positive attitude if it is not the normally well-kept lawn we enjoy.  Also, be prepared for “rustic camping” also known as bring your own bumper dumper or PETT toilet.  It is believed many of the restrooms may have become canoes and will need to be brought back into position.  BE PREPARED!

8.  Will we have company?

Maybe.  I have been talking with my counterparts at Jeepers Jamboree.  They have the same concerns and may need to do more than their normal 1 work party before their event.  If so, they will try to use a small area for camping and will be joining us for dinner on Saturday night.   We are all there for the trail and to enjoy the Springs, so I hope all will see them as our fellow wheelers and welcome them.

9. Are there any other special considerations?

Yes.  There has already been a lot of road and infrastructure damage related to the rains.  Plan extra time to get to your check in location.  For example, Hwy 50 is down to 2 lanes at Bridal Veil Falls due to road collapse.  I would not be surprised if more issues develop with storms yet to come.  You will want to check on the status of road closures before you depart.  One good site is www.quickmap.dot.ca.gov

All registration links have been updated to reflect the new dates for Rubithon.  If there are any other questions, feel free to email me at chairman@rubithon.com or call me at 530-401-0800.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation,
Eric
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2017, 05:33:45 PM by bad coco »
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2017, 07:33:18 PM »
Congrats to Andy Hagin, our winner for February’s extra grand prize raffle ticket drawing.  His name gets put back in the mix for future drawings as well.

As posted earlier, the new date has been set for July 11-16th.  Now get those registrations in!

Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 31, 2017, 08:58:04 AM »
Hello everyone.  Just a reminder today is the last day to get your registrations in to be included in this months extra grand prize raffle ticket drawing. 

Happy wheeling!
Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2017, 12:28:57 PM »
Congrats to Gordon Wood, he's the March winner of an extra grand prize raffle ticket.  Get your registrations in and get those rigs ready!

Here is a link to the online registration for all non-committee members:  https://tlca.org/rubithon-registration/

If you should be a committee member, you should have received an email already.  If not contact me at chairman@rubithon.com and I will get it to you!

Happy adventuring!
Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 11:20:41 AM »
Congratulation to Janice Watkins, she won the April drawing for an extra grand prize raffle ticket.  There is one more drawing for the month of May and then no more.  Please remember to have your shirts ready at the event, registrations must be received by June 7th.  After that there is a $25 late fee and your shirts will be mailed to you after the event.

Here is the link for online registration:  https://tlca.org/rubithon-registration/

Count down is on!
Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 03:02:54 PM »
Remember you only have until June 7th, to get your registrations in and avoid the late registration fee.  Also, if received after June 7th, your shirts will have to be mailed to you after the event.   So get those registrations in!
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 08:00:21 PM »
Just a reminder, you only have 12 more days to get your registrations in without having to pay a late registration fee.  Also, if received after the 7th, your shirts and hoodies will be mailed to you after the event.

Here is the link to the online registration:  https://tlca.org/rubithon-registration/

You can still sign up for the event and get confirmation up until July 9th, and you can even sign up at the event, but I will not be able to answer any questions or send you a confirmation after that day. 

I hope everyone has a nice Memorial Day Weekend and while you’re out there enjoying your holiday, take a moment and remember those that paid the ultimate price for those freedoms!

Thanks for your time and feel free to contact me with any questions.
Eric Agee
530-401-0800
chairman@rubithon.com
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 02:07:54 PM »
Today is the last day to register to be included in the final extra Grand Prize raffle ticket drawing. 

You still have until June 7th to register and avoid the late fee and have your shirts at the event.

You can still register right up to and including at the event but there is a $25 late registration fee and your shirts will be mailed post event.

https://tlca.org/rubithon-registration/

Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jun 04, 2017, 06:29:42 PM »
Congrats to Tim Wehrer on winning the May's extra Grand Prize raffle ticket.

Remember you only have until June 7th to avoid the late registration fee and to have your T-shirts ready for the event. 

Only 3 more days to beat the dead line.

Here's the link:  https://tlca.org/rubithon-registration/
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jun 07, 2017, 04:31:18 PM »
Today is the last change to beat the late registration fee and have your shirts ready for you at the event. 

You can still sign up, but your shirt's will be mailed to you after the event.

Here's the link: https://tlca.org/rubithon-registration/
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jun 13, 2017, 04:52:45 PM »
Have something cool for all participants at this years Rock Chef.  Get signed up and get yours.  Same goes for the judges!

This years ingredient is super easy to incorporate!
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jun 17, 2017, 03:39:13 PM »
Howdy everyone!  With the kick off of Rubithon just 23 days away, I just wanted to remind everyone that even to just use a propane stove, you will have to have a valid camp fire permit.  There are 2 ways to get this. 

One is to stop at any of the USFS Ranger Stations and fill one out there.

The other, and much quicker way, is to go online and take the class.  It takes mere minutes.  Then you can print it up and you are all done.   Here is the link:  http://www.preventwildfireca.org/Campfire-Permit/
There can be significant fines if you don’t have one of these.  Just pack it in with your other legal paperwork in your rig.  This permit is good until 12/31/17.

I’m looking forward to seeing everyone on the trail soon!

Feel free to call me with any questions.  530-401-0800.
Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jun 17, 2017, 03:59:13 PM »
I would like to take a minute to thank a few people in particular.
First, a huge thank you to Dion Mattei for all he has stepped up to help with at this year’s Rubithon.  Not only has he taken care of the Marauder Bar for the last few years, when the past Cook Crew Leads had to stop handling the kitchen due to being out of school and in the work force.  Dion stepped up and just asked… “what do you need me to do?”  I can’t tell you all how much all of Dion’s and the rest of his PMC guys have done to help take stress off of me as Chairman!

Also, I’d like to thank Toys on the Rocks.  They chipped in and purchased a case of Champagne for the RTF wine tasting fund raiser.  I’d like to also thank specifically Jerry and Julie Reffner who went out and got more donations and even purchased some “Chocolate Splash” for all to enjoy.  The Reffner’s played a huge role in getting our wine tasting off the ground in its first 2 years of the event.  Last but certainly not least, I’d like to thank Jerry Schroeder who has been an absolute boss in procuring some great wines and raffle prizes for the event.  Jerry S. has now taken over the lead for the wine tasting itself and his passion for the wine is apparent to all!

Also from Toys, I’d like to mention a huge thank you to Brian Kaiser who will be taking the lead of our Camp Crew again this year.  We will certainly have our work cut out for us after this brutal winter.  I have no doubt Brian will again do an outstanding job getting the Springs in the condition we are accustomed to seeing it!

I'd also like to thank John Evans for his very large donation to help make our kids driven activities even better.  Thank you John, I'm glad you too value bringing the kids into our great sport!

Without the efforts of volunteers like these, we would not be able to put on such a great event.  One of the great things of being a part of TLCA is the people.  When work like this needs to be done, our guys always step up.   

Thank you to all of the volunteers that help with the various Committee positions!
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2017, 04:10:42 PM by bad coco »
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jun 19, 2017, 05:12:53 PM »
Both Eric Smith and friends went in this weekend from Tahoma and here are their Pre-Run reports:

This first came in from Eric Smith:

We made it in from Tahoma. Cadillac is pretty dry for the most part. There was no water bar needed at the log. I found one bathroom on the way into the springs that’s a bit beat up and there a few in dirty dozen that need work/replacement. There are also a lot of downed trees in dirty dozen. We did a lot of clearing trees on the trail. It is definitely possible to make it through, but I wouldn't recommend it for those not as experienced. There are still plenty of spots with lots of snow and water. It is melting fast though.

Also, we have 4 rigs broken down on the trail including mine. Two blown motors (mine being one of them) and two with front end issues. We are trying to work on getting those out next weekend. . I am probably going to have to do an engine swap in there, I don't think I will be able to get mine towed out. Mine is at the bottom of Cadillac near the water hole on the springs side, there is another one on Cadillac and two more in the snowy parts near miller. 

There were a lot of people that went from loon to buck just fine. Buck has so much water and it rises at night. It is best to camp higher up away from the water.

Also, when driving out Tahoma side, when approaching the big water hole that separates Cadillac from the Springs, people need to stay to the left through the trees, if you go straight; you will submerge your truck and in cases like mine, blow your motor.

The other is from Kade Hendrick “Pooz”

We made it in all the way to the Springs from Tahoma side.  Looks like others have already gone in and cleared some of the trees.  We had to cut it more like for buggies.   Our rigs had 37” and 40” tires.

Two biggest issues:

1 – A 5’ bolder at the base of Morris Rock on Cadillac.  We were able to crawl over it, but wagons would likely do a lot of body damage to get through.
To put things in perspective, I’m running 37’s and the drop is 2.5 times my tire.
This will need to be moved!

2 – There is a pool on the trail before the Cemetery, the area that is often a mud bug.  Well right now it’s about 4’ deep.

There will be several work parties between now and Rubithon, so we should be good to go by then.  If you go in early, be prepared, and I’d recommend using a long stick to sound the water before crossing.

Somewhat to my surprise, neither mentioned anything about crossing over Miller.  Since they both go through to the Springs, I’m guessing it is ok, but cannot confirm.

You can find pictures on our Rubithon's Facebook page.  I'm having problems getting the videos to load.
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jun 23, 2017, 09:04:24 AM »
Happy to be able to say that TLCA is again refocusing on acknowledging the Member of the Year and Business of the Year. 

While these are not Rubithon awards, we will be announcing and presenting plaques to not only the Hall of Fame inductees, but also the 2016 Member of the Year and Business of the year, since Rubithon is its hosted event.

We are working on having a tab put on the TLCA webpage that list all past recipients of these awards, but this will not be completed until after Rubithon.

See you in 18 days, and it’s not too late to sign up!  Here’s the link:  http://www.rubithon.com/registration/index.shtml

Eric
chairman@rubithon.com
530-401-0800
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jun 25, 2017, 09:24:54 AM »
Glad to report that Eric Smith and friends were able to get all 4 of their rigs out this weekend.

Eric reports that snow is melting fast, but still very deep water. Also to be careful, that several snakes were seen.

Pictures can be found on our Rubithon Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Rubithon-281344212018423/
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jul 06, 2017, 08:59:16 AM »
Ok, so here is the secret ingredient this year:  Mandarin Oranges and possibly Cuties.

As in years past, you will be judged on 2 savory dishes and 1 desert.  You will be judged on Taste (up to 5 points,) Originality (up to 5 points,) and presentation (up to 3 points.)  Plus the 2 possible bonus points listed below.

You can earn up to (2) bonus points by also having an adult beverage that also features the ingredient. One for having the ingredient in it and can taste it and the second if it pairs well with the dish you are serving.

Past winners have figured out it helps to keep the judging crew properly lubricated while you are preparing the food.  For that reason, I’m going to try something new this year.  While the teams can only have 3 preparers, I will allow you one extra person to help with the influencing of judges via libations while you toil away in the kitchen.  One of the cook crew must serve the dish and describe what we are judging; the extra person cannot do this.
Judges shall not discuss what specific scores you are giving, however it is ok to discuss the foods or plates nuances or something that really stands out.  But the scoring shall be kept private!

We still have space for 1 judge, so first to hit me up for it in the Springs gets it.

Now get those menus planed and try to get entered for next year’s Championship of Champions
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jul 09, 2017, 06:09:01 PM »
Well it’s finally Rubithon week!  I will no longer be accepting online registrations to the event.  You are more than welcome to still come join us and register at the event.  You will have to be a current TLCA member, but we can take care of that in the Springs as well.  To save time in this process, you can still go to the print version of the registration and bring it in with you.  You can find the registration form here:  http://www.rubithon.com/registration/pdf/29th-Registration-Form.pdf 

Please don’t make any payments via PayPal, as I cannot see this in the Springs.  You will need to pay in cash or check.  No credit cards accepted in the Springs.

Almost everything is all packed up and we hit the trail on Tuesday morning.  We will monitor Rubi from about 9am until 9 or 10 pm Tuesday through Saturday.

One bit of news that has changed, I have been advised the correct path through the area where the deep water and mud was an issue just pass the Miller Creek crossing near the Springs, is to take the right line when coming from Tahoma.  The others have been taped off.  Please respect this.  Mark and Maria did a ton of work to make the route passable to ensure we have a successful event.  Please let them know how much you appreciate it!

I again want to thank everyone that has helped us get everything in to the Spring’s this year.  If it wasn’t for your efforts Rubithon would be a mess this year!

Safe travels and don’t be in rush.  Enjoy the time on the trail and don’t be “that guy!”
Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Jul 10, 2017, 09:18:31 AM »
Just in case you haven't figured it out yet. We like to feature one of our participants rigs on the backs of our T-shirts.

If you would like a chance to be featured on next years T-shirt, take a picture of a good action shot or a beautiful background shot of your rig in action. Email it to chairman@rubithon.com and even if you don't make the T-shirt, we will post it here on our Rubithon page.

Keep in mind, be on the trail and be representing TLCA in a good light!

Thanks for everything and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone this week. Now off to finish loading up and hopefully getting to bed early...... RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jul 19, 2017, 08:04:56 AM »
Sorry for not posting up sooner, but had a ton of wrap up items that needed attention first.  I want to thank all of the participants that came out and enjoyed Rubithon this year.  I know the date change and the reports of the potential water issues kept many from being able to attend this year. Those that were able to make it were treated with perfect weather and a nice cozier event.

There are tons of people to thank, but I’d like to start with Mark and Maria, the caretakers of the Springs, that went in early and made short work of the winter damage in the Springs.  They also corrected the water and mud issues that had us all a bit nervous of a Cadillac exit.  That leads me to thank the members of the Tahoe Hi-Lo’s that again joined us and made getting out Cadillac a breeze!  I especially want to shout out the guys at the hairpin that helped with a tug and helping me to get my winch rope corrected. 

The Mog Crew, while Mog less this year because of the date change, still came to the plate and made sure we got everything in.  We had to ask others for help this year so thanks to Bill Stayner and Heather Royston we got all the PA equipment in.  Larry Allen for bringing in supplies beforehand. FOTR Tahoe Lead John Briggs for helping to bring raffle and some cook crew material. And last but certainly not least, Desmond Caravella.  Desmond and his wife Gayle in his monster Toyota on 49’s pulling a converted Marine Corps trailer not only brought in all the cook crew boxes, water and stoves, but then went  back out Thursday to bring in my wife and Steve Morris, the perishable cook crew goods and 300#’s of ice.  Then brought it all out for us Sunday.  I truly can’t thank you all enough!

Thanks to Brian Kaiser for leading all of the camp committee guys and want to welcome our newest TLCA convert.  Andrew “Binky” Rotchstein, a young man that contacted me early, that just wanted to come in and help make the Springs ready…. Even though he drives a J@@p.   Binky had a thick skin and really helped to make everything ready.  He even says he now wants to get a 40 and that our crowd is more what he has been looking for.

I can’t thank Dion Mattei enough for stepping up even more than normal this year.  He took care of all the aspects of the Marauder Bar and was willing to take on the Cook Crew Lead and knocked it out of the park.  There are so many that came to the plate to help make the Saturday dinner a success that it’d take a page in itself to thank individually, but know each of you are greatly appreciated.

I’d like to thank Jerry Schroeder for organizing the RTF fundraising wine tasting and my awesome wife Karen for making up the tasting notes for it as well as all the other things she does to make my life easier during the lead up and at the event itself.  I’d also like to thank RTF VP Ken Hower for coming down and talking about the goings on of RTF and in particular the RTF property.  Ken answered a lot of questions at the wine tasting and I dropped the ball and was going to introduce him to the entire crowd during the awards, but got behind and plain just goofed up.  Very sorry Ken and thank you for spending your time to come down.  I’ll post up soon about the RTF totals from the wine tasting.

Steve Pryor with the help of his sons and others did a spectacular job bringing in the Wagon Run.  This was Steve’s first time being a lead and all the participants said he did an amazing job.  Thank you and very glad to hear you are excited to lead the Wagon Run again next year.

Thanks to Brain Bettencort of Keith’s Alignment and Brakes for helping us out with a much needed part and Matt Hall for being willing to bring the part in and other “important supplies” for our special guest, Steve Morris.   I love hearing the stories from Steve and learning more about the Springs and the trail itself.  Steve has agreed to come out again for the 30th next year.  If you have not got to hear Steve’s talk yet, you won’t want to miss it.  Steve is a shareholder of RSSI, a previous ROCK Award recipient and was the very first President of Cal4Wheel.  Most everyone has heard of Morris Rock at the Top of Cadillac.  It is named after him because he use to go up early from Jeepers Jamboree and would be the winch point at the top.  He has some great info on how to use your winch and what not to do if you don’t want to rip your frame in half from years of doing it.  Steve should be in the Off Road Hall of Fame and I hope we can help make that happen.

I also need to thank all of my other Trail Leads and Committee.  You guys did an awesome job as always and I can’t express my gratitude enough.  To finish the trips off, Marlin again ran the Sweeper Run and actually was able to make it in before the Committee meeting this year!!!

I’d like to thank Joel Moranton for his continued hard work and dedication to make Rubithon’s raffles one of the best around!  Without his hours of work, our raffle would not be near what it is.  I would like to try to find some help for him for next year.  Just with making some phone calls and follow up emails.  We don’t need to cold call or walk in to any shops, so if interested, email me and I will get you two together.

Brian Flynn and Jason Winkle killed it this year with the kids’ activities.  It was awesome to see how much fun they were having and I’m pretty sure some of the adults wanted to be in on the kids’ raffle!   A huge thank you to John Evans for contributing so much to help take the raffle to the next level!

I’d like to thank my replacement after next year richard Thompson and his lovely wife Kathleen for coming in early with us and starting to learn all the how to’s and what nots with being the Chairman.  He has already expressed ideas on some small changes and that makes me happy to know that he is chomping at the bit to make Rubithon even better.  I think that should be the goal of every Chairman, to continually try to make improvement, be it small or large, to make TLCA’s hosted event better each year and to keep its participants excited to come back for more.

Please send any pictures you would like considered to be put in Toyota Trails or on our Facebook page to chairman@rubithon.com  If you would like it to be considered to be put in TT, please add a short description and the name of who took the photo.

Thanks again for making Rubithon such a great event!
Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Jul 19, 2017, 08:19:19 AM »
If you have any pictures you would like to share please send to chairman@rubithon.com   If it is a large file or many pictures, you can dropbox it and share with the same email please.  If you would like it considered for use in Toyota Trails, I will need a brief description and who took it.  To be considered for use in TT, I will need to receive it by Thursday afternoon.

Thank again for a great week!
Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Jul 27, 2017, 09:45:14 PM »
I will be placing the final order for shirts and hoodies for this year’s event on Monday morning.  If you are interested in getting any more, please let me know before noon on Sunday.  Must pay prior to order.

Thanks and sorry for the delay getting them ordered.  Got back to a busy fire season!

Email to Chairman@rubithon.com

Thanks again!
Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Aug 24, 2017, 07:52:42 AM »
Just an update.  Shirts ordered after the cut off or at the event have been shipped out.  There was a mistake and not enough XL or Mediums came in and they have been ordered and should ship out within 3 weeks.  Sorry for the delay!
Eric Agee KJ6IZI