Author Topic: Newbie toyota 1982 22r runs ideas rough need some ideas  (Read 3292 times)

Toyota cali

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Oct '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Hey i have a 1982 toyota pick up 22r. I took it out on some local tails and the next time i drove it it wouldn't idea. On the same day that started i had took it to my smog guy it failed. He told me it was the EGR value haven't been back since wont ideal right. Changed it out still ideals rough also changed the vac lines, PVC value,  brand new exhaust gaskets. Checked all my one way values there fine. Also in one of the vac line in between the carb and valve cover there seem to be fuel in on of them and when i drain it. It seem to run better for a little bit. So i,am thinking the carb next. If anyone has a idea it would help i,am new to this and would like to fix it my self so i can learn thank you for any help   

lone walker

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -26
  • Male Posts: 606
  • Member since Oct '09
  • we're there!
    • View Profile
So truck wont IDLE right or failing smog? Cause you mention both and I'm confused.

Did anything happened while trailing? You mention "I took it out on some local tails and the next time i drove it it wouldn't idea." How long in between from trail run to being driven the next time? Same day/1 week later?

Did the tech print out the readings? If so, whats your number at? If you have high nitrogen oxides, than that will refer to your EGR.

My opinion you failed is because of your cat are not working or you didn't heat it up enough.
Going, going, gone

Rockdiver

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -118
  • Male Posts: 671
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
The vacuum line with fuel in it might be the aap Aux accelerator pump . If the diaphram is broken it will suck fuel into the manifold and run rough at idle . can you post a picture of the vacuum line and carb.   Had mine rebuilt by carbex  for 150  runs great now
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2012, 07:21:56 PM by Rockdiver »

Rockdiver

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -118
  • Male Posts: 671
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Heres a pic of the aap is this the one that has fuel in the vacuum lines?