Author Topic: 85 Ext Cab Red Truck Build  (Read 93510 times)

boomtacoma01

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -68
  • Male Posts: 321
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
85 Ext Cab Red Truck Build
« on: Apr 03, 2012, 09:38:23 AM »
I fugured I might as well post my build here at the MC forum. It will be condensed over the past 2 year or so up to present day.

Well I bought this truck in February of 2010 after a long search for an 85 ext cab. It also was bought on my birthday.

The truck was in pretty awesome shape for being 25 years old. It had some goodies on it as well R151F tranny, Marlin 4.7's in a single 23spl case, AP TC skid, Marlin Rear bumper and a pretty fresh rebuild on the 22RE (about 15K) 3" Rancho springs in the front, an AAL in the rear and a good set of 33/10.5/15 BFG KM's on FJ  wheels

I started collecting parts which include all the necessary upgrades over the next few months:

Longs, Long Chromo hub gears, Long knuckle ball wipers, Knuckle rebuild kit, TG knuckle ball gussets, IFS box mount, TG shock hoops, Marlin Histeer, Marlin Wheel Spacers, Marlin Front winch bumper, Marlin front hanger, Marlin u-bolt flip kits, Marlin front axle truss, Marlin extended brake lines, FROR bumper stiffener, Warn M8000, 4" font leaf pack, Sky 63" hanger kit, Sky diff guards, Sky rear shock hoop, a set of 63's, HP front 3rd, 5.29's F/R, Detroits F/R, IFS steering box from an 86 PU, V6 IFS rear axle

The first thing I wanted to accomplish was to get rid of some sheisty under hood wiring, cruise control crap, crappy offroad lights, and a non working security system. I also suspected a vac leak somewhere as well and the truck didnt idle well and had an intermitent starting problem. I also gave it a good degreasing as well while I was under there. Found a great deal on a refurb Odyssey PC 1500 and threw that in as well. I still need to get to regasketting the oil pan sooner or later.

I got some new intake parts from the throttle body all the way to the airbox as well from the stealership since the couplings were dry rotted pretty badly. Also picked up a new dipstick as well to replace the tired old one.

All the crap I removed. Suprisingly it started after I removed all this stuff  :thumbs:

Found a set of 35's for a reasonable price :)

Marlin bumper on  :smokin:

Got a friend ot help me out on the donor front axle

With work being hectic as of late I was reffered to a guy to help me out setting up the 63's and changing out the front hanger and strectching the wheelbase a little bit

Front axle out

Push pull steering...Gone

Mocking up the rear

Rear shot

Front cleaned up

The front stretch

Full side view

Should be getting to flexing it out this week for the correct length shocks and bump stop placement. Shock hoops and IFS box mounting to follow after that. Trying to have it wheelable my the end of Oct for an ICBM shakedown.

It is coming together nicely so far......
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2012, 10:22:52 AM by boomtacoma01 »
85 Ext Cab 22RE, 3 Linked front D60, 14B, Full Hydro and 40s
IG @boomtacoma01

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
Re: 85 Extended Cab build
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2012, 09:42:31 AM »
Things have been progressing slowly...

Got the oilpan dropped, painted, and re installed last week

New paint job is kinda shitty

The toyota gasket maker is messy but cures really fast.

Started the test fit of my HiSteer as well

I got my new headlights installed last week as well

Planning on setting up my MC like this. Thanks TRoss for all the help.

Got the parts in as well this past week. That is the first project for this week.

Flexed out the front end to measure for bump stop placement

The 14" Bilsteins I got should work well up front.
The 12" Billsteins should be in this week so we can get the rear finished up.

Also changed out the front shackles to some OEM T-100 ones that were a tad shorter than the ones I had on.  Thanks Ray

The front hanger and bumper stiffener will be welded in today completely.

Front axle should be well on its way today. The diff opening needs a little clearancing with a grinder/burr to get the diff in all the way.

Sky's rear hoop for top mounting points. Lower mounting tabs on middle rear of housing.

New Pacesetter LT header

Hanger pad

IFS box wainting to get stabbed in.

Front hanger fully welded in. Fabbing new front body mounts now.

Rear hoop and 12" Bilsteins

Front axle in with the HP 3rd loaded with 5.29's, Detroit and 30 spline Longs w/ the Lonfield Chromo hub gears

Fender wells trimmed, shock hoops tacked into place

IFS box mounted

Rolling again

« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2012, 12:07:23 PM by boomtacoma01 »
IG @boomtacoma01

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2012, 09:45:26 AM »

The coil, resi, and airbox bolted down

The old exhaust header is loose and the new header will be installed today after the EGR ports are plugged

Holes in the hood for the Race Ace Louvres

Bumper mounting tabs modded on the Marlin bumper:

Front end cleaned up and painted:

New drivers side body mount:

Hood waiting to be reinstalled on truck:

Couple shots of the front with the bumper on:

Guacamole Green steering stabilizer:

Here is the added piece of 3/8 line for the IFS box:

Managed to get the header in last night as well. There was a heat shield keeping it from sliding into place. JR got that pulled off and we got the header in finger tight for now.

O2 sensor in:

IG @boomtacoma01

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2012, 09:49:42 AM »
Most importantly, we rolled old red out to see some sunshine and flexed him out to measure for bump stops.

Back in the shop:

I got the hood put back on with a little help:

Well I got to drive yesterday for the first time in months.

The suspension/gearing feels great and steering with the IFS box is awesome.

Took the truck to the local exhaust shop:

Got the grille put back on, shimmed up the bed  a little and

slammed my thumb

Oh well it was a good day

I do have a little leak on the exhaust manifold which probably will require a helicoil in on of the bolt holes but thats not too bad.

Winch and fairlead mounted up

Rock rings

Front Long Spline Driveshaft

Flowmaster 40

Liscense plate mounted up in rear

IG @boomtacoma01

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
Shakedown Jan 2011
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2012, 09:52:30 AM »
Well I got to wheel a little on Jan 13th for the TX Lonestar Jamboree at Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer TX. It was my firts time to the OHV park and the maiden voyage of my 85.

The truck did great considering i have wheeled IFS rigs my whole life.

Did have one issue though :)

At least they have warranty:) No more trying to catch 1st and 2nd gear w/ the 4.7's and a lot of skinny peadal. Lesson learned :o

Got it changed out:

Got back to wheeling:

Watched my friend Alex lose a wheel infront of a crowd :)

And just overall had a blast besides the weather being total :pokinit:

The rest of my pics are here

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff298/boomtacoma01/Jambo%202011/?start=all

There are a couple things I need to address after this trip:

-need new windshield wipers
-need to reseal the windshield
-get my winch working properly (bad solenoid)
-cut down my front driveshaft on the axle side to reduce bottoming out on compression
-get the fuel gauge working and a find a larger fuel tank
IG @boomtacoma01

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
Re: 85 truck
« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2012, 09:56:57 AM »
Here are a couple pics:

Interior stripped out:

Horn set up:

Relay by front headlight

Dont mind the misc. wiring. I will have it all cleaned up

Grant steering wheel:

BTW if you have the ground and hot wire switched on the horn button, the horns will scare the :pokinit: out of you when power is added :)

Here was the Janky power wire that goes from the battery to the main fuse box. I replaced it with some 4 ga power wire I had laying around.

I also started on Installing my RogerBrown light wiring harness but didnt get it finished up.

Frond and rear diff breathers are done. Front routed to the firewall and the rear mounted by the gas cap under the fuel door.

Got a little done this weekend.

I cleaned/scaped/vaccumed and degreased the floorpan. Then hit it with a little rust preventative/neutralizer. Plugged up a couple small holes with some caulk.

Then I hit it with a little self etching primer and two heavy coats of bedliner in a can.

I also got my shifter plate finished, painted,installed. Wired up my Boston 6x9's anmd got them put in too. I need to figure out asome brackets to keep themn in place.

Everything thing is just about ready to put back in the truck.

I wanted to make sure that everything was good and dry before I reinstalled the trim, interior, seats and radio.  

The main reason I wanted to do it was to measure for the console that i want to pick up. It looks like it might just fit. I have 30 inches from the shifter cover to the rear of the cab and almost 9 inches acrosss the tranny tunnel between the seat belt latches. The console is 12 or 13 inches tall, so it is about the perfect dimension.

I also put a fresh coat of paint on my sliders to cover up some gouges from Gilmer. They dont look half bad painted. I cant wait to get my new ones on though.

IG @boomtacoma01

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
37's
« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2012, 09:58:06 AM »
37/12.5/15 Super Swamper SSR's

Im going to need to trim the rear fenders a little bit. I had planned on that already.
IG @boomtacoma01

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2012, 10:02:30 AM »
Hand throttle 99% complete. I just need 1 wire crimp. One word of wisdom becareful of the positive terminal on the battery when the using any metal conductor under the hood. The inner steel cable conduct electricity good enough to create a nice arc under the hood :) and give you some nice burns on your fingers

CB finally hard mounted :

Got my front half of the Drivehaft cut down finally and DS reinstalled/greased up

Painted the Hi Pinion while I was down there. It was looking a liuttle crusty

Got my winch wired up. I did have a little problem though. This is where good knowledge of a multimeter comes in handy. One of the solenoids in the control box is bad and luckily Patrick (Scotia) stopped by and help me figure it out. The winch would spool out fine, but wouldnt spool in.  Its mounted anyhow. the control box location is temporary until I figure out a better spot. Turns out the solenoid I need to replace was new and replaced but with the wrong 24v counterpart. No biggie though.

Just wanted to post a little schematic on how I ran the Ford horns

Started my Rock light install. I didnt get too far. They are the Vision X Tantrums.

Got my winch control box mounted up. I just used an L bracket I had laying around and attached it to the winch via the front allen bolt that screws into the center suppport of the winch.

I fixed the ground issue I had with my horn set up.

Rattle canned my rear bumper and rear springs. At least all the armor matches now.

Also tested out the hand throttle while the truck was running.  Seemed to work like a champ. At 7 clicks on the lever it bumps up to about 1700 RPM from idle, 8 clicks to about 2200 RPMs.
IG @boomtacoma01

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2012, 10:05:24 AM »
Finally got my fenders taped off and trimmed up last night

Passenger Before

After:

Drivers Before:

After:

Trimmings :saw:

I temporarily put some push on moulding on the cuts till i get the fenders rolled under

They are not perfect by any means but will work for what I want to do with it.

Got the 37/12.5/15 SSR's put on this weekend

Took the truck for a test ride with the new rubber and hosed him off for the first time in months

The little 22re pulls the 37's pretty solid. The tires have a little wobble at highway speeds but not too bad.

Got my HID's installed from DDM tuning 35W 6000K Hi/Lo H4

Looks damn bright. Pics dont do it justice

Relocated my Ford horns to the front of the grill to make room for my next mod

Had to move the horns up front for the the install of the Blue seas 12 circuit fuse block. I made up a 4ga power and ground cable for that as well.

Finally got my bed lights powered up. I ran the switch to one of the blank spots above the radio and used a 12V 30 Amp relay

Switch not completely installed but working. I was chasing down a bad ground and a couple blown fuses

Relay setup that will be under the hood

IG @boomtacoma01

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
Hidden Falls 2011
« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2012, 10:06:42 AM »
Everything  ready for Hidden Falls run outside of Marble Falls TX (North of Austin)

Fuse box area cleaned up and labeled

bed light switch mounted

Loaded down

My spare Irok

On to the wheeling pics :)

The Red truck did extremely well on and off the road. I averaged about 20 mpg running 65 and loaded down which is better than I can say for my 09 Tacoma.I had to dodge some of the wildfires that are plaguing TX right nw on the way home and a really nasty headwind from the Hurricane that was in the Gulf. I did and thats all there is to it.

I only had one little problem at the park. when I reinstalled my TC shifter I didnt have the shift rails in the right configuration so my 4WD wasnt working at all. I got that remedied and whelled the piss out of the red truck and had a blast!!

Heading down the highway in front of Toyminator and El Diablo

Toyminator on the highway

Chillin on the side of US 71 after both the tow rigs had some issues in the heat.

Following John (El Diablo)

First trail of the day

Had to winch up (no 4WD yet)

Entrance to Axle Buster

Cooling off in the shade

My rock lights looked pretty sweet on the top of Wildcat Stairway

another trail in a creekbed

the rest of the pics

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff298/boomtacoma01/Hidden%20Falls%209-2-11/?start=0

The red truck did well on just about any trail I took it on 4's and 5's

I couldn't have been any happier for the first real shakedown.

The only carnage from the weekend was breaking a spring in the Driver side lock out and toasting the worn out carrier bearing (driveline support) which needed replacing before the run.
IG @boomtacoma01

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2012, 10:18:14 AM »
Cleaned up my set of IFS front brakes and calipers. I'll probably shoot a coat of paint on them before install.

The TC to the left w/ MC 4.7's has a broken front output which will be replaced with a Marlin 30 spl front and rear outputs. Its pretty clean I just need to clean the stock top shift one a little more. I have a Marlin replacement 23spl 2.28 low gear for the TC on the right that I got last Christmas. I just need some more parts and time to get this thing put together.

I disassembled the whole dash to clean up wiring and see what the hell was going on with the lack of airflow coming from my vents.

This was the passenger side.

Found this in the blower motor assembly

The condenser was jammed almost full as well.

Got that mostly cinched back up. Just have to get the bezel around the speedo cluster put back on. Fan blows like a champ now!

Finally got a push button switch installed for my horn. The wiring inside the steering column just kept pulling apart and being a pain in the ass.

Sealed up the hole in my fuel door from when i trimmed my rear passenger fender.

Started to plumb in an inlet hose to the air box. A carbureated one doesnt work BTW. It almost does though. 

EBC greenstuff 6K pads are on the way along with a new high pressure steering hose. Mine is looking a little brittle. Might as well change it out before it blows.

So this is what I came up with for my air box intake tube. I used a 2" PVC street L and the intake tube from a carbed 22R. I had to plug the extra port on the tube and put the 2 tubes together with a bead of silicone. Im letting it cure now and installing after that.

My dog Tank decided to hop up into the truck with me after I got finished putting the dash/speedo cluster back in. He loves the Red truck

I finally got around to at least starting on the IFS caliper and FJ vented rotor swap.

I had to stop last night because I couldnt get that damn outer C-clip back on the Longfield. My thumbs are raw and I need the right tool. No pun intended :)
I should have everything buttoned up on the driver's side tonight and then I can tear into the passenger side.

Got the IFS/FJ60 brake swap completed a while back and bled down. I still need to test drive it to make sure its streetable.

Upgraded audio:

Alpine 103BT HU
Alpine inline 4 ch amp 45x4 RMS
Eclipse 4" in the dash and Boston 6x9's in the rear.

I added 2 additional lights on the front bumper

Pics of the Alpine HU and front lights.

IG @boomtacoma01

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
Duals
« Reply #11 on: Apr 03, 2012, 10:21:26 AM »
Started my disassembly of my spare TC for my crawl box. I needed the rear output cover for a core for my MC 30 spl rear output.  I have a new set of 23 spl. Marlin 2.28 Total Spline input gears to get switched out once I get the front of the case separated from the rear half. I have my 30 spline front output ready, just need my  MC dual adapter and Davez twin sticks and a little time  This is pretty filthy work but its been fun so far.

Box of parts

Bucket of parts degreasing

Beginning of the case seperation:

I need a bearing separator and press  and my other parts to get the crawl box assembled.

rear output has a beefy snap ring to get the bearing off. I need a better set of snap ring pliers

TC is 100% torn down. The crawlbox housing is cleaned and partially reassembled. I need to get a bearing pressed off the front input and and front output shafts

TC crawlbox all nice and clean

The difference between a stock Toyota 21 spline input and a MC 23 spline replacement

Started tearing into my other transfer case last night. Replaced the broken front output. Cleaned it out since the PO obviously like playing in the mud. Decided to go with the Lonfield rear output due to price and availablity of stock replacement parts.

Obligatory pics:

New parts taken off 2nd case

My mess in front of the bench

Parts from the first TC

This made the disassembly a breeze

Finished disassembling my 4.7 transfer case tonight. Glad I decided to do it. Found a little carnage on an internal main shaft bearing retainer. Im glad I have a spare from my other TC.

The next 2 pics are for the fellow TTORA members who want to install 4.7s in their TC. They show the amount of grinding needed to clearance for the bottom gear in the reduction box. These are about the best pics I have but can get my actual camera out and take some if needed for anybody that wants them.

Should have everything lined up for the reinstall in a week or so.
IG @boomtacoma01

REG535

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -287
  • Male Posts: 1,083
  • Member since Jul '07
  • Shes traveling to many celestial worlds
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
Re: 85 Ext Cab Red Truck Build
« Reply #12 on: Apr 03, 2012, 10:07:16 PM »
Awesome truck, and please please dont even think about re-doing the paintjob, leave that alone, not saying you would, just saying that because I seen so many get painted over. Looks fun . Thumbs UP
85 Marble' Black and White (x-cab)
84 RedTurtle' Red with White Top added Marlin Turtle Shift Knob (All Stock) :silly:

thegoofster21

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,644
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Apr 04, 2012, 08:56:51 AM »
damn took 1/2 hour to read the first page! nice looking truck
Any guy who takes his woman wheeling enjoys her. A woman who is owned is left at home to cook, clean, and keep beer cold. So if this offends you you should stop looking and go have some tacos.    :rofl2: And a beer. If your old enough.   :beerchug:   :beer:

04 Tacoma 33s http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61454.0
jmoffroad.com

jrock

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 3,395
  • Member since Oct '06
  • Oodelally
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Apr 04, 2012, 09:44:51 AM »
damn took 1/2 hour to read the first page! nice looking truck
This. Nice build.

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Apr 09, 2012, 12:01:41 PM »
Couple more:

Davez twin sticks:

Longfield rear output:

MC-07 23spl adapter

Just waiting on 1 bearing to come in and then the duals will be good to go!
IG @boomtacoma01

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Apr 09, 2012, 12:04:53 PM »
Im keeping the paintjob for now. if it ever gets repainted, It will be red again with a stripe kit froms James Dean Creations.

Thanks for all of the kind words.

I should have some wheeling pics in a couple of weeks From the Lonestar Toyota Jamboree in Gilmer TX @ Barnwell Mountain
IG @boomtacoma01

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 01:27:06 PM »
Got my crawlbox sealed up and ready to go.

Davez shifter

Rear case asembled with the Davez twin sticks

Have all the parts in for my rear disc brake conversion from Golden State Motorsports on Pirate

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1034855

IG @boomtacoma01

nisota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 608
  • Member since Feb '12
  • Wonsyld/Leard Built Fab
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 04:03:18 PM »
Awesome build & super nice truck!!  :thumbs:

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 06:07:12 PM »
WOW, what a nice truck man.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

Mudfanatic92

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 189
  • Member since Jan '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 10:06:11 PM »
Nice build!! Very inspiring! keep at it!! :)

toyotanner

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 66
  • Male Posts: 1,958
  • Member since Oct '07
  • low n slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 10:37:10 PM »
alot of building on 1 page keep it up!

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Aug 01, 2012, 12:40:20 PM »
Got my rear discs completed a while back. Really easy install. Golden state motorsports has put together a really nice kit. Check out GSM on Pirate for more info. The backing plate removal was the most difficult part of the install. Everything else was cake.

Backing plate off

sent from my Galaxy 2 Skyrocket
IG @boomtacoma01

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Aug 01, 2012, 12:48:12 PM »
Hub ready for parts

Bracket, caliper, rotor  on

Got rid of the aluminum wheels for some 15x8 2.5 bs steelies.

IG @boomtacoma01

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Aug 01, 2012, 01:02:45 PM »
Had to fix the driver side seat mount that broke loose at Gilmer. Added some sound deadening to the inside of the cab and started on a triple gauge cluster for the a pillar. I added some expanding foam on the rear wall as well.

Before

Added new Magnecore plug wires, Denso plugs, and an LC wire loom kit.

IG @boomtacoma01

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Aug 01, 2012, 01:09:16 PM »
Project for the winter will be to get the duals in. Its just too Damn hot to get them put in now. Winter in TX is still warm but manageable.

« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2012, 12:55:31 PM by boomtacoma01 »
IG @boomtacoma01

Mavericks

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2535
  • Male Posts: 256
  • Member since Apr '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Aug 01, 2012, 03:05:59 PM »
I like the black rims better.  :biggthumpup:
1985 toyota SR5, 22re,  5.29's locked front and rear, duals with twin stick, longfields.

Wainiha

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 743
  • Male Posts: 1,170
  • Member since Jan '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Aug 01, 2012, 07:32:38 PM »
I like this build.  Keep it coming please. :clap:
2000 3.4L xtra-cab Tacoma.
Icon C/Os
Marlin 1200lb. clutch
Marlin short shifter
FLOODED...GONE

2005 4.0L xtra-cab Tacoma
King Resi C/Os and Total Chaos UCAs
Waiting on Marlin for the RA60 Short throw shifter...Hint Hint
FLOODED...GONE

2012 4.0L xtra-cab 4x4 Tacoma
Automatic...Don't shoot...
 King resi C/O
and Total Chaos UCAs

^ Who let Wainiha into the mainland?? :yikes: - Big Mike

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Aug 16, 2012, 08:40:41 AM »
Thanks. Im digging the black wheels too.

Finally got my duals completly  assembled. Just gotta get that heavy SOB installed. I cycled through all of the multiple gear combinations. Seems and feels good. Low/low is going to be a beast!

Good quality parts. Hopefully they work for a long time.

« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2012, 06:08:12 PM by boomtacoma01 »
IG @boomtacoma01

boomtacoma01 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Oct 22, 2012, 01:55:50 PM »
Got my a pillar gauges mounted up.

Started taping off where the cuts will be for the bed bob.

Found a guy locally to tap my spare steering box for hydro assist.

PSC power steering pump, resi and hoses on the way also.

I also have a new short throw shifter en route for my R 151 transmission.   :smokin:

« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2012, 02:03:10 PM by boomtacoma01 »
IG @boomtacoma01