86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
Re: 95 YJ
« Reply #60 on: Apr 20, 2012, 07:43:39 PM »
the xj one dosent have the vac dissconect right?

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 287
  • Male Posts: 2,452
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #61 on: Apr 21, 2012, 08:04:17 AM »
yep, been looking for one for awhile. found this one for $75
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

86bobbedtoy

• Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Apr 21, 2012, 09:32:36 AM »
thats what I thought, thats whats in my jeep.
except I have bent it at both knuckles, lookin for a waggy d44 and gonna do a tnt truss so its a bolt it.
I have a arb up front and beat on it pretty good.

hows your daughter liking the rig so far?

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #63 on: Jun 21, 2012, 02:16:40 PM »
ive been gone on work for a few months but i should be able to get back on it soon. I picked up a high steer kit off of pirate but now im not going to need it i think. looking in to buying a pro comp link/coil kit, just waiting on the dude to get back to me.

"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #65 on: Mar 21, 2013, 07:42:11 PM »
got it some new shoes

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #66 on: Jul 14, 2013, 03:14:07 PM »
missing something?

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #67 on: Jul 18, 2013, 06:51:10 PM »
new Tj im thinking about getting

86bobbedtoy

• Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Jul 18, 2013, 09:08:01 PM »
specs? price?

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #69 on: Jul 18, 2013, 09:36:40 PM »
Not to sure. Going to check it out tomorrow. He is asking 5k.

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #70 on: Jul 20, 2013, 09:49:39 AM »
i ended up getting it. Its a 99' with 101k miles. Its rolling on 35" tires and has an ARB in the front D30 and a lunchbox locker of some type in the rear D44. It needs some TLC but over all runs great.

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #71 on: Jul 20, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »
more
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2013, 10:06:24 AM by AaronB »

merace19

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Nov '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Nov 08, 2013, 04:26:07 AM »
It have a SYE on it? Cause that rear pinion angle looks steep.

86bobbedtoy

• Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Nov 08, 2013, 07:53:24 AM »
do a long arm kit, add a arb in the rear, 4to1 case and some aggressive 35s and it will go as far as you want to take it. you could also think about ditchin that front axle for a waggy 44, they sell a kit to make the same mounts on the 44

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #74 on: Nov 08, 2013, 06:46:57 PM »
Yeah the rear angle is definitely not right. Sye is  in the future if I keep it as well as a 44 or 60 front

steveco.

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 321
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Nov 08, 2013, 08:10:08 PM »
rustys offroad sells a SYE kit with a tom woods DS for pretty cheap.. considering buyin it myself..
Let's put a smile on that face!

86bobbedtoy

• Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Nov 08, 2013, 08:15:14 PM »
rustys offroad sells a SYE kit with a tom woods DS for pretty cheap.. considering buyin it myself..

didn't notice it wasent already done, its a must!

KOPCJ7guy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Member since Nov '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Feb 01, 2014, 09:02:40 PM »
Hey there, really liking both the YJ and the TJ.  Just wanted to let you know about Mountain Off Road If you don't already.  M.O.R.E.  has a shackle reversal kit that I think you might like.  I was never convinced until I did it to my CJ7.  Its way more stable on the road!  I know you said you were building this for your daughter so thought I would throw it out there.  Also if you start to lean towards the crawler stuff,  check into bolting a Toyota 4.74:1 case up to your tranny.  I think it might bolt up if you have the Toyota tranny made by Peugeot. Yea, I know!  Check it out. lol.  Only downfall is Toyota case is a right hand drop and the YJ is a left hand drop.  Good luck with the rest of your builds......

86bobbedtoy

• Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Feb 02, 2014, 09:17:20 AM »
hey I just bought another tj, 99 5speed 4.0 33s stock so far anyways it came with a lot of extra interior pieces if you need any ill give you a good deal, some grey dash pieces and some darkgrey agate, I have a center bezel stereo surround also

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #79 on: Feb 10, 2014, 09:16:49 AM »
Hey there, really liking both the YJ and the TJ.  Just wanted to let you know about Mountain Off Road If you don't already.  M.O.R.E.  has a shackle reversal kit that I think you might like.  I was never convinced until I did it to my CJ7.  Its way more stable on the road!  I know you said you were building this for your daughter so thought I would throw it out there.  Also if you start to lean towards the crawler stuff,  check into bolting a Toyota 4.74:1 case up to your tranny.  I think it might bolt up if you have the Toyota tranny made by Peugeot. Yea, I know!  Check it out. lol.  Only downfall is Toyota case is a right hand drop and the YJ is a left hand drop.  Good luck with the rest of your builds......

yeah i was looking in to the shackle reversal, still might do it. good to know you like it, the only thing holding me back was i couldn't really find any reviews about it.

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #80 on: Feb 10, 2014, 09:17:35 AM »
hey I just bought another tj, 99 5speed 4.0 33s stock so far anyways it came with a lot of extra interior pieces if you need any ill give you a good deal, some grey dash pieces and some darkgrey agate, I have a center bezel stereo surround also

yeah i do need some parts. ill take some pics and ping you later today or tomorrow to see if you have them. thanks

86bobbedtoy

• Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:28:34 PM »
just let me kno, I have most in one color or another