Author Topic: Proposed bill would open more lands for off-roading, mining  (Read 4610 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
We could only hope and pray this would happen........

Oh yeah I forgot, there's the Fienstien factor....

Fat chance of that ever happening!

http://www.desertdispatch.com/news/washington-11042-lands-mining.html
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

jrock

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 3,395
  • Member since Oct '06
  • Oodelally
    • View Profile
Signed and commented  :thumbs:

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Signed and commented  :thumbs:

Thanks, I forgot to mention that you should do that. :doh:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Gamera

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 218
  • Male Posts: 140
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
TWO MINUTES TO UNLOCK MILLIONS OF ACRES OF YOUR PUBLIC LANDS
Dear xxxx,

More Great News for all of us who care about access to public lands, helping our economy, jobs and improving forest health.

The HR1581 ‘Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011” bill to release 43 million acres of your public lands back to Multiple Use and eliminate the threat of Wilderness Closures is moving quickly forward. On 7/26/11 the House Subcommittee on Natural Resources will hold a hearing on this important bill. I am pleased to have been invited to provide testimony explaining why passage of this bill is needed.

You can watch the hearing and my testimony live at 10 am Eastern Standard Time on 7/26/11 at
http://naturalresources.house.gov/Live/

This is a rare bill that is good for recreation, good for the economy and good for the environment. I think every reasonable person would support it, but there are those who will oppose it because they want to lock you off your public lands no matter what. For example I just heard the Sierra Club is holding a press conference tomorrow in front of Congressman McCarthy's Bakersfield CA office attempting to claim this bill is bad for children and the Great Outdoors. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Mike In just Two Minutes you can do something important to stop the closure activists and preserve access to your public lands

1) Call to Ask if your Congressman Supports this Important Bill (even if you called them before)

In order to get this important bill passed your Congressman needs to hear from you, so he/she will know that you want them to support it. This will only takes a few minutes, they will be happy to hear from you and you will feel good about doing your part and taking back your government.

Call them and ask them to
Support HR1581 "Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011"

If you need to find out who your Congressman is then just click here and insert your zip code and then click on the Contact link to get their phone number. http://www.house.gov

If your Congressman is supporting the bill please thank them for their support and tell them how much you appreciate it.

If you have not already done so please send a letter

2) Take TWO MINUTES to Send a Letter Telling Congress to Pass HR1581 ‘Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011”

Just click on the link and send your letter http://www.savethetrails.us/Default.aspx?PetitionID=49

3) Click on link at the bottom of this page to Forward To Your Friends

It does not get any easier than this to help reclaim your public lands for reasonable access and management. We need to make lots of noise in support of HR1581. Please tell all your friends and family to call and send a letter

For more information you can read the HR1581 bill here

Here is additional Background Information

Save The Trails have been working with Congressman McCarthy to develop this legislation over the past year and now we are making a trip to DC to testify, as well as providing you with an easy and effective way to make this bill a reality. Save The Trails is funded purely by donations from people like you. We need your support so that we can keep fighting to keep your public lands open. Please make a Donation to help pay for the trip to DC so we can Save Your Trails

~Chris Horgan and your friends at Save the Trails

Donations are needed to help fund this Save The Trails campaign

This alert sent by your friends at www.Save The Trails.us
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save The Trails
225 Rainbow Drive
Livingston, Texas 77399
US

green1

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jul '11
    • View Profile
Anyone know where these lands are? All over the state, or in one specific region? Is there a map?
The Sierra Club would like to keep everyone off the land. I know there is a problem with littering, but it kind of ridiculous to have all this land and not let people enjoy them. 
When people think of California, they think of the big cities, but most of California is still beautiful, and so much of it is untouched. There are so many varied natural environments here to enjoy. Let's hope this gets passed.

Gamera

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 218
  • Male Posts: 140
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
Anyone know where these lands are? All over the state, or in one specific region? Is there a map?
The Sierra Club would like to keep everyone off the land. I know there is a problem with littering, but it kind of ridiculous to have all this land and not let people enjoy them. 
When people think of California, they think of the big cities, but most of California is still beautiful, and so much of it is untouched. There are so many varied natural environments here to enjoy. Let's hope this gets passed.
we would get the former roads in golden trout wilderness, domlands, and other places back =]

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
 :crossed: lets hope
A good day working, that's just sick :reg: