Author Topic: '84 X-cab Stolen in Chico  (Read 11846 times)

Snowtoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,582
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
'84 X-cab Stolen in Chico
« on: Jan 03, 2005, 01:35:34 PM »
My Buddy's '84 built X-cab '84 was stolen last night in Chico. 

Here is a pic.

The only difference is the rear has been cut for better clearance, and the winter doors(with wing windows) are back on it.  If spotted call Fernando at 530-591-4697
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
Re: '84 X-cab Stolen in Chico
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2005, 03:15:24 PM »
Hey I live and chico and I will keep an eye out for it. I just saw your post on PBB too. That sucks about the loss. :snare:  I think its time that I get my ignition cut off switch actually working...

Chris
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2005, 03:39:05 PM by lilbuddy »
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

toyhunter

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 263
  • Male Posts: 503
  • Member since Dec '04
  • I Dont Brake For Queers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2005, 05:25:35 PM »
I had my bicycle stolen when I was 6 by the kid down the street  so my dad went down the street when we found out to get it back but eventually just got into it with the other kids dad and knocked his ass out :smack:  :crazy:  :gap:  because he was accussing us of trying to steal it. I know it dont compare   :twocents:  to a car but I hope you find it :crossed:
Everyone starts off in life crawling but lots of us grow up and still are crawling around everywhere

To The Floor

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 220
  • Male Posts: 393
  • Member since Jul '04
  • THE KRAK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2005, 05:54:12 PM »
thieves are the scum of this earth.  we work hard for our money to build our trucks, but the scum has to take it from us because they're too lazy to work hard themselves.  i am sorry about the loss man, hope you recover your loss.
in the projects nooga, anything goes

86yota

• Marlin Crawler
  • I used to Crawl. I still do, but I used to, too.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2005, 09:18:14 PM »
Hey what are the specs on the truck.  I know a lot of wheelers in the Chico area and will keep an eye out for the parts if I know what they are.

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2120
  • Male Posts: 2,336
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2005, 09:33:39 PM »
i posted on the PBB under pavement pounder83. ill keep an eye out. my junk is now in the garage with a 8800 lb truck parked in front of it.

Drew
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock
ECV 7-11

Snowtoy [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2005, 12:18:49 AM »
The specs on parts most likely to be parted: ARB front bumper with some damage on the passenger side, Warn 8000lb winch with blue synthetic rope, 36" new IROK tires on aluminum rims, Thirds: ARB front w/5.29's & Detroit rear w/5.29's,  dual T-case w/ 5:1 gears, and a clean engine(rebuilt last year).  here are some more recent pics.

'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.

FIREBALL

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 190
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Hi Ho Marlin....u talkin to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2005, 07:57:00 AM »
I'll keep an eye out in Paradise!

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2005, 09:49:06 PM »
Have you heard anything on the Pickup?

Chris

GET IT!!!

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 2,803
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2005, 02:56:43 AM »
Some people are just a$$holes to take someone $hit that they worked hard 4 :tantrum:
Hope your buddy gets his rig back :crossed:

Macgyver

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 20
  • Member since Sep '02
  • Big Mike is sooooo cool...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2005, 04:10:42 PM »
I live in Chico and I'll keep my eyes open for you. If I see your truck I'll take down whoever is driving it personally.

Macgyver
'98 4Runner 5 spd SC'd w/ fuel upgrades, 33's, King Shocks all around, Total Chaos A-Arms, ft & rr lockers w/ 4.56 gears & OEM manual hubs, Marlin Crawler MC09 w/ custom shifters, retrofitted puch button 4WD, Extreme Aire under hood (soon to be belt driven), 3 gal. custom air tanks, rear coil air bags, Elford air scoops, CATZ dual beam hids, Trenz billet grille, 100W Hella Black magics behind grille, Japan rear spoiler

Snowtoy [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2005, 11:31:44 PM »
Have you heard anything on the Pickup?

Chris

We thought he had a lead on Thursday.  The Sheriffs office here in Nevada County busted a huge chop shop with cars from several western states and as far east as Colorado Springs.  Unfortunatelly none of the 20+ trucks were his.  The Sheriffs office told him they had another shop they were looking into.  With it being almost a week I am afraid it is gone for good, unless he gets lucky like and the guy who stole it is driving it like he owns it.  This is what happened to another friend of mine when he lived in Sac.  He had his '86 stolen and figured it was gone for good after about a week, then a few days later, one of his employees spotted it and followed the driver home.  The 19 yr old punk was treating the truck as his own, even had his house keys on the key ring.

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2005, 02:05:02 PM »
I hope you guys get some more leads on it  :crossed: If you do hear something, let us know. Thats pretty bad that some kid even had the nerve to drive it as his own with his own house keys on it. People these days   :shakehead:

Chris

GET IT!!!

MUDJUNKY

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -428
  • Male Posts: 364
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2005, 07:49:26 PM »
im sorry to hear about your truck. hopefully you will get it back in one peice :crossed: 
"I avoid myspace like the devil himself...  Nothing good can come from having teenyboppers and childmolesters mixed with emo morons hanging out in one place...." white trash.

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 18, 2005, 10:43:30 PM »
Its been a while again but I was wondering again if you have heard anything on it/any leads on it? Its been 2 weeks since it was stolen but Im just curious.

Chris

GET IT!!!

Snowtoy [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jan 18, 2005, 11:06:54 PM »
Its been a while again but I was wondering again if you have heard anything on it/any leads on it? Its been 2 weeks since it was stolen but Im just curious.

Chris

Unfortunately no.  I figure it is pretty much a loss, he has as well.  He at first thought about throwing in the towel on wheeling.  Fortunately we talked him out of this and he is now looking for a replacement truck or Runner to start with.  He has seen a few that have some potential which with about $2k of parts and some work could be ready for the Tinbender's Jambo at Johnson's Valley this April.  He was supposed to look at some over the holiday weekend.

mplatzer

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 60
  • Male Posts: 126
  • Member since Jan '05
  • if you aint done jack you dont know :pokinit:
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jan 19, 2005, 10:22:47 AM »
ill keep an eye out here in lincoln also, hope its not too late!!!  if your buddy needs any help doing anything to get his next truck going let me know, i have access to everything from welders to benders, and i am always looking for new friends to wheel with..
ALSO DONT GIVE UP HOPE THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY FRIEND BEN IN SAC, IT WAS STOLEN AND NOT RECOVERED FOR 3 WEEKS. IT WAS FOUND IN SAN FRAN AND THE GUY WHO STOLE IT DIDNT HAVE A CLUE WHAT HE HAD. I THINK ALL HE TOOK WAS THE RADIO/CD PLAYER. THESE GUYS ARE MORONS :shakehead:  :maddest:
HAMMERS THE BEST TRAILS IN THE WORLD

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 2,653
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jan 19, 2005, 12:46:21 PM »
I had my runner stolen from a shop that was doing work on it last summer.  I was freakin out when i found out.  I hadn't even had it a year yet and I didn't and still don't have full coverage on it just liability.  They found the truck later the same day and they had only ruined the ignition because they broke it with a screwdriver.  It was fixed by teh mechanic and I consider myself very lucky.  The kids stole 5 other trucks the same night just for joy rides.  I'm really sorry to hear about the loss.  really sucks

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jan 19, 2005, 10:34:51 PM »

Chris

Unfortunately no. I figure it is pretty much a loss, he has as well. He at first thought about throwing in the towel on wheeling. Fortunately we talked him out of this and he is now looking for a replacement truck or Runner to start with. He has seen a few that have some potential which with about $2k of parts and some work could be ready for the Tinbender's Jambo at Johnson's Valley this April. He was supposed to look at some over the holiday weekend.

Well that really sucks again. Lets hope that your buddy Fernando will find a new one that suits his fancies and then it can be built up. Im sure that I am not much at all of help, considering I am new at 4 wheeling, but I am in Chico and if he did want some help building a new one jsut let me know. Im glad you guys talked him out of throwing the towel in on 4 wheeling. That would be a major loss. I guess he was just so upset he might have been talking out of his :moon: and doesnt want some dumb punk to pull that crap off on him again so he said screw it, but then again, I dont know him well enough to make that assumption. Lets hope that maybe before he finds/buys a new rig that he could hear something about his old one. I guess there would be 1 positive thing to think about on a new one. More time, money and fun building a new one...just the old one had sentimental (sp) value to him. I will still take a look for it around Chico and for parts for sale that might be like his old stuff.

Chris

GET IT!!!

Snowtoy [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jan 19, 2005, 10:52:28 PM »
Yes, a lot of it was frustration, enough he put up both of his other rigs for sale(a one full size blazer and an early 70's Fj), he had planned on the blazer as a tow rig until he came across the Cruiser. 

Fortunately over the weekend he picked himself up an '85 already pretty well built. It already had the waggy's front, Chevy's rear, with high steer, 5.29's and 35's, and a clean interior.  This will make a good platform to get him back to where his old truck was, for about an additional $2-3k.  Fortunately a lot of his buddies can now do the work he paid others to do in the past. 

BLUCRUZ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 241
  • Male Posts: 470
  • Member since Mar '04
  • CA4WD LIFE MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jan 22, 2005, 10:59:39 PM »
I heard some snowmobilers found a burried truck in the snow up above Philbrook on Thursday or Friday last week. Apparently they parked right on top of it and dug down to the license plate and called it in to CHP when they got back to town, Thought it might be your missing truck since it was stolen when all the snow was coming down.
72 FJ40. 350 Multiport EFI, turbo 400, ORION T-case, 35 Procomp's  disk brakes front & rear, ARB's F&R and an onboard shower for the ladies!
86 sr-5 4runner SAS conversion. E-lockers F&R, 5.29's 4.7 Marlin case.

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
« Reply #21 on: Jan 23, 2005, 12:05:30 AM »
The more I think about your buddy's truck the more it pisses me off  :tantrum: to think that someone would steal something that someone has put his money, time and heart into I hope he finds it and the little b@sturd that took it gets caught.

Snowtoy [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jan 23, 2005, 01:12:09 AM »
I heard some snowmobilers found a burried truck in the snow up above Philbrook on Thursday or Friday last week. Apparently they parked right on top of it and dug down to the license plate and called it in to CHP when they got back to town, Thought it might be your missing truck since it was stolen when all the snow was coming down.

Thanks for the heads up on the truck.  I haven't heard from my buddy, I will give him a call later today and see if he has been called by the CHP.

It could just be that someone got stuck and hiked out, it has happened before.  About 3 years ago the Aprilwe went wheeling and snow camping into Philbrook, and found a Ford Ranger..  Someone had stolen the cd player and cd's, and tried to steel th rims.  Fortunately for the owner, we were getting ready to leave when he came in on a quad.  He said he had come up in February by himself and got stuck, not being able to get out on his own, he walked all of the way back to the Bambi Inn.  He was lucky that whoever took the stereo didn't destroy the truck for kicks.

It would be a nice surprise if this is his rig, if it is with any luck the POS's that stole it froze to death after getting it stuck.

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
« Reply #23 on: Jan 23, 2005, 05:28:49 PM »
It would be a nice surprise if this is his rig, if it is with any luck the POS's that stole it froze to death after getting it stuck.
That would be sweet justice :beerchug:

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jan 23, 2005, 07:17:11 PM »
I went snowmobiling today up around Philbrook Lake, I didnt see it. I didnt go around everywhere above it to look but i spent some time snowmobiling around to find it. The road was so torn up from 4 wheelers that it was hard so we took a back way where no one went.

Chris

GET IT!!!

86yota

• Marlin Crawler
  • I used to Crawl. I still do, but I used to, too.
« Reply #25 on: Jan 23, 2005, 07:30:06 PM »
Something else on the subject of steeling toyotas.  When the ignition switch gets a little worn almost any key will start them.  The key to my 86 will start the following:  My 86, my old 81, my cousins 85 runner, and my cousins 88.  Toyota keys are almost like CAT keys.

kneedownnate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Turtle Points: 1051
  • Male Posts: 9,755
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Jan 23, 2005, 08:04:55 PM »
Yea, my brother used to do that whenever I bought another truck, he had a few keys that would turn almost any toyota ignition.  I was tellin Fernando that when my ignition switch went out I realized how easy it was to steal a toyota.  If you don't care about keepin it on the DL it only takes about 10 seconds, but if you wanna be sly it's maybe a little over 30 seconds.  Sad but true,    Nate
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Snowtoy [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Jan 23, 2005, 09:57:43 PM »
Do you remember how far above Philbrook they came across it?

I talked to Fernando this morning and he hadn't heard anything about it from the CHP.  I figure given where it is at it wouldn't be a high priority for the CHP, or the license plate could be from another vehicle.  He was going to try to get a hold of a friend of his that has cabin and snowmobiles there in Butte Meadows, and maybe go check it out sometime today.

It isn't only the worn out ignition that many Toyota keys will work in, but doors too.  That is how my friends truck with an alarm was stolen in Sac.  The kid walked around trying the key in Toyota until he found one that worked, the door.  Eventhough the alarm was triggered, it turned off as soon as the ignition turned over.   Anyone with older door locks, should get them replaced along with the ignition.  I think a matched set of new locks run about $50 from the dealer, not sure about the ignition.  Even if you had to spend a couple of hundred on new locks, it would be worth the piece of mind.

Yota4life

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -128
  • Male Posts: 1,461
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Jan 23, 2005, 10:05:07 PM »
I got a same year toyota camary ignition cylinder from auto zone for about 23$ and it is the same as the one for my pickup. My ignition cylinder was so screwed some times i couldnt even get the truck to start.
88 Toyota Pickup with some stuff...
Build up: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=11133.160

kneedownnate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Turtle Points: 1051
  • Male Posts: 9,755
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Jan 23, 2005, 10:28:41 PM »
My cylinder was so screwed since 99 that the key would fall out sometimes when I was drivin,  till it finally gave up the ghost recently,     Nate
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!