Author Topic: Need Rebuild Kit for R151F. Not available from Marlin.  (Read 4507 times)

2manytoys

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 490
  • Male Posts: 583
  • Member since Nov '09
    • View Profile
Need Rebuild Kit for R151F. Not available from Marlin.
« on: Apr 21, 2010, 03:02:49 PM »
I need to rebuild my R151F. Anybody know where to get a complete kit?

I called Marlin's shop today. No kit available.

Sent pics of the trans to Nick to help identify it since I have no VIN. It's a transplant into my 88.

I can get the HD bearing retainer and 1-2 shift fork from Marlin but I still need a kit.

88 Pickup SAS'd, 3.4 V6, R151F Hybrid, Dual Ultimate, Triple sticks, 35's, 5.29's, HP front, V6 rear, Aussies, 63" Chevs, Anti Wrap Bar, Warn 8274 on Home Built Bumper

4WU linked 86 Xtra Cab build in progress

dk98

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 80
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
try getting a rebuild kit from toyota
884runner 4.3 needs to be refereed

Early

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 67
  • Male Posts: 470
  • Member since Oct '09
  • The Buddhas ridin shotie
    • View Profile
they said no kit available? maybe not right now? When i got mine it was not online but called and got the hook up. Maybe look for a local shop thats wants to put a kit together for you.
1994  4Runner w/ full doors

My hands are dirty cause i drive a yota

2manytoys [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Nov '09
    • View Profile
I was told no more kits at Marlin but they would rebuild it for me. I want to build it myself.

My local Toyota dealer said no kit. I have to get parts individually. No thanks. They did have gasket kits.

I found a kit from a local trans parts supply complete with syncros and Nachi bearings for $349.50.

Import Drivetrain online has a kit for $323.53 but I don't know what brand the bearings or parts are.

I'm going to stay local to avoid the shipping costs and it makes it easier if I have any problems or need more parts. They seemed to really know their stuff.

Thanks for the replies.
88 Pickup SAS'd, 3.4 V6, R151F Hybrid, Dual Ultimate, Triple sticks, 35's, 5.29's, HP front, V6 rear, Aussies, 63" Chevs, Anti Wrap Bar, Warn 8274 on Home Built Bumper

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Toyota rarely sells things as a kit.  Pretty sure you even have to buy clutch components seperately instead of kit form.  Sounds like the local place is the way to go, especially since it comes with quality bearings, but I would recommend getting Marlin's shifter ball and seat!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

2manytoys [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Nov '09
    • View Profile
You're absolutely right about the shifter ball and seat. I already have them and they are great. Have them in my W56 too. The only way to go when the shifter gets sloppy.

I want to get Marlin's HD bearing retainer plate, 1-2 billet shift fork, and some of his Eco- Seals but trying to see if he has some shipping options to get the shipping cost a little more reasonable.

mrdoug

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 17
  • Member since Apr '10
    • View Profile
Buying individual parts might not be so bad, if there was a list of part numbers that used to be included in the Marlin Kit. I picked up an r151 last year, still waiting to get it in a working truck to see how it is, depending on it's performance, I might be looking to rebuild it as well. Does anybody have the toyota part numbers?

Early

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
x3 on the shifter seats.

Also i highly recomend all of marlin's R series upgrades. I found a broken 1/2 shift fork when i pulled mine apart.

And the spacer and bearing plate look and feel really nice.
(heavy duty plate, stock plate, HD fork, stock broken fork)

Also found a pic of everythin i got in the kit from marlin. Might help make your own? i dunno

Early

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
I just found my receipt that i was thinking might have an itemized list of the kit but it didn't. I may still have the boxes ( i don't throw things away :P ). Ill look and get back

edit: looked and i don't have the bearing boxes, sorry fellas  :smack:
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2010, 03:24:34 PM by Early »