Author Topic: Hilux_Max's 2007 Hilux  (Read 9656 times)

Hilux_Max

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
Hilux_Max's 2007 Hilux
« on: Feb 17, 2010, 02:58:20 AM »
G'day all,

My name is Max.   Unfortunately I do not have a live axled beast like many on this forum ibut you never know if that might change one day or not so along the way Im here for the ride to learn of others and to share information.

So here's my truck.......

Its a 2007 Hilux SR 4x4 Dual Cab with the 3 litre D4D diesel engine mated to a 4 speed auto gearbox.   This is how I picked her up from the dealership,  the little virgin that she once was.

I then fitted a snorkel to her,  got me mate with a Suspension business called The Suspension  Center here in Melbourne to fit for me a 3" suspension lift utilising Desert Fox Foam Cell Shocks,  Dobinsons Coils,   the rear factory leaves have been reset by him with an extra leaf added,  nolathan bushes, greasable shackles etc.

It works well.

Front Suspension

Rear Suspension

I then bought some "bling" 16x8 wheels and covered them with 285/75x16 Maxxis Buckshots and fitted some wheel arch flares to suit.

Along the way early on a was offered to do a 4x4 training day with an instructor that I took the opportunity to do and boy do you learn heaps when guided by a pro.

Those wheels only lasted 2 weeks as I was too scared to take the Hilux on its first trip offroad with them on so I sold them for a set of Black Dynamic Steel Wheels in 16x8 with an offset of "0".

Then the day before her first trip out I fitted an ARB bar to the front and went to run her in......

Along the way some more mods were done to her.....

I fitted some Lightforce 240 Blitz spotlights,   ARB Brushbars,   3" dump pipe and free flowing exhaust system, Sports bar, had a rack above the rear tray area at one stage then removed it.....anyway heres some pics of progress.

Some poser shots when she was still relatively new and unscathed yet.

Some action shots nothing too crazy.....

Made me own high clearance front skid plate....aswell as raising the rear towbar, a small transfer skid, and hopefully more mods to come in the future.

And how she sits now -

Future Mods

Would like to change diff gears to 4.5:1
Fit a Marlin  Crawler
Rear Locker
Custom Shortened Tray

Maybe a Prado coilrear end with disc brakes and bigger front brakes.

Small Update Guys.....

Finished work at lunctime today...... and got home and started pulling the ARB bar off the hilux....mate, was so much easier pulling it off  than putting the damn thing together....got it off in 30minutes.....

I also measured before and after and the Hilux without the bar was only 5mm higher than before......not bad.....

Heres a couple of pics of the Hilux without a Nose....now my hilux feels like Michael Jackson

Damn the front looks alot higher without the bar

Side View with spotlight tied up to grille as a mockup....you can seefrom the front of the spot light to the chassis mount how much of an increase in approach angle there will be with the custom barwork

I got a hi-lift jack for xmas and was thinking bout where to mount it.......i dont have a roofrack so couldnt mount it there or a spare wheel carrier.....wasnt too sure how to mount it on the inner side of the tub so decided to mount it on the head board of the tub.

Being a tight-arse decided to make my own mounts plus because it was a custom fit.

I had some angle iron, a :pokinit:load of bolts to go through and set about it.....i cut the head off two bolts that just fit through the holes of the jack and welded them to the angle brackets....i also made a backing plate to help hold it and spread the load a little on the heads board upright supports.

Heres the bunch of parts for one side -

I found out that a 22mm landcruiser wheel nut fits perfectly onto the bolts thread so i will use that to mount it up :D

And here is how it would mount up with the headboard fitting between the 2 lower plates.  I also used some rubber to help dampen vibrations -

And here it is all fitted up,  good thing is i can still use my tonneau cover -

I'll only be mounting it for offroad trips, no need to have it there for daily duties.....i have a landcruiser 78 series bottle jack that works for my height in case i need to change tyres around town in case of a flat.

This morning I went and got me self an Aftermarket Washer Bottle Kit from the local Auto Accessory Shop.

Its a 1 litre bottle with an external pump on it (Toyota ones are internal in that they directly suck from a hole in the bottom of the washer bottle) thats mounted to the bottle underside.

The kit comes with everything you need to mount it to any vehicle....switch, wiring, clamps etc for 29bux and its a 1 litre bottle.

I pulled the factory plug back up to the engine bay and scotch locked the 2 new wires in....I didnt want to cut any wires or solder as I may change the setup down the track.....for now I needed something that works.

I mounted it to the side of the engine bay as you can see in the pics below.  I pulled the hose back under the guard and through a hole into the engine bay...I looped it around a couple times as I said before I may need the length later on for a different custom setup.

The pump is abit noisier....and a little bit weaker but it does work adequately for my needs.....One question thou....with the hilux washer nozzles...how do I adjust them?

I tried moving the tip but nothing was happening, Just want to adjust them abit higher to make up for the less power the new motor has.

Down the track Ill get a stainless washer bottle made up thats abit larger and fits in that location better and will use the factory Hilux washer motor aswell....but for now I'm happy with it and I have more room under the guards.

Also cleaned everything up under the grille and headlights that had "body colour" on the metal and I spray painted it all a gloss black finish so when the tube bar goes on it wont look so richardy.....

Hilux_Max [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
Re: Hilux_Max's 2007 Hilux
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2010, 02:59:08 AM »
Now because I got shafted by the bloke that was supposed to be making my front tube winchbar and rock sliders the last 2 weeks over the xmas holidays.....

Ive had to look for an alternative solution....I didnt want to go back to an ARB bar or somtething similar as it would defat the purpose of getting rid of it in the first place.

So Ive found out and have a few people on speed dial to let me know as soon as one of the following  bars comes out.......should be 3 weeks away and really its the only option I have as I cant leave my truck anywhere since I need it for work.

Pics below are development pics on another hilux...the bar is missing the top hoop and is to be powdercoated black -

It will be air bag compliant which will help with insurance purposes should I smash it.....rock sliders I have 3 alternatives I can go for...im waiting for replies to them.

Also in March there are some new extra wide side mount flares being released for the hilux which Ill be trying to get a set for.....similar in style to the Bushwacker cutout flares...

heres a pic on a Triton for reference -

Then it's the crawler box to go in....hopefully somewhere along the way I can afford for ARB to fix the seals in my front "leaky" locker and then Ill be ready for a new set of tyres after tax time and to be finally able to go crawling the way the hilux will be setup to do.

Because of my original plans of getting a fabricator to custom make my front tube bar and sliders didn't eventuate, I was forced to look for an alternative.....I didnt want to go another ARB bar or Ironman Bar as the style of the bars although they do look good hang too far forward (kept getting hung up on them) and weigh to much......so I ordered a set of rock sliders from Millweld and got the 2nd made Xrox Bar c/o Matty from Monster Rides.....highly reccomend both of them,  customer service was first class...something that I have trouble finding lately.

Anyway,  here are the pics -

I havent fitted the Xrox bashplate they have provided because it clashes abit with my own bashplate design but Im confident I can get them to work well together with a bit of work.

will need to do something with the rear quarters and departure angle to match the increase approach angle the bar has given me.

So I decided that now I have better approach angle with the new front bar, I needed to do something with the a$$ end to match it and improve departure angle....so I've decided to do a rear 1/4 panel chop.

Ive got one week of work left before I go on long service leave (and the fact  that my 3rd child is due in 2 weeks) so thought over that time Id hopefully find enough of it to complete this chop.

Heres what I have in mind from a Tacoma in the US -

After I cut it, I will paint the exposed metal with rust proof paint and then seal it with some rubber pinchweld sealer to go over it.

I will fab some new side brackets for the tow bar and raise it higher to suit but will leave it low enough below the tailgate for room for some tube when I eventually get round to making a tube rear bar to go along with the towbar.

I will also fabricate some mudflaps and brackets to use in the meantime to keep the law off my tail.  The brackets will be removable so when offroad I can take the mudflaps off.

The following tacoma is my inspriation....( Yes Faux by 4, love your truck...Wyatt your is nice too but bit too Blingy...LOL)

He has a removable mudflap that he take off for offroading.....I plan to do the same thing.

Below is a diagram of what he did....basically its two tube steel pieces, he used circle tube, Ill try and use square tube, but one slide inside the other. The shorter "inner" tube gets welded into place off the side of the chassis rail, the longer tube that has the rubber mudflap tech screwed into it slides over the smaller one and is held on with a bolt going through both.  Simple.  Then get some chain to hold the mudflap back abit off the tyre.

In the pic below you can see the mudflap bracket stub sticking out of the side of the chassis rail -

Here is a "Paint" photo edit of what the back end of the hilux I hope to look like?

The new lowest point of the tub will be much higher than the rock sliders, so realistically almost everything the rock sliders get over I shouldnt hit the tub.....in most cases :roll:

Here is some close ups of what I plan to do....Im going to try and follow the "lines" of the hilux's tub, that is the shape of the moulds in the panel work so it wont be exactly a horizontal cut, but angle slightly towards the front -

Like I said,  later on Ill make a rear bar for it, but in the meantime Ill have the clearance Im wanting/looking for and with the mudflaps fitted it'll still be legal and not attract too much attention....I hope :oops:

Its not for everyone I know but its what I want to do to achieve a departure angle with my current ride height to match the increase approach angle I now have with the front Xrox bar.....then along with the improved ramp over angle I will achieve by "clocking the crawler box" that Ill be installing I should have the clearance that a much higher hilux has without the mods.

Appendices

Here's a couple pics of Tacoma's that have had the rear quarter chop done fitted with custom bars. Not sure which way Im going to go yet...have time for that.

Plate Type Rear Bar

Tube Type rear Bar

Ok,  got a friend to make up for me the mud flap brackets that Ill use once the chop is done.....the design is slightly different to that planned above....

I ended up with an outer sleeve that gets welded onto the chassis rail....35mmx35mmx2mm thicksquare tube....500mm long and the inner tube is 30x30x2mm and 370mm long.

The inner tube slides into the shorter welded on outer tube nice and tight (the way I like it ;) ) and Ill drill a hole through both and put a bolt through to hold it in.

Rubber sheet (Mudflap) will tech screw into the longer inner tube.  Hope all that makes sense?  Pic below.

So I got some time to do some more preparation work on the rear quarter chop....I removed the rear flares off the tub....strewth, couldnt beleive there was that much mud in the bottom of each side of the flares...no :pokinit:, would have been a good 2kg of mud all up...all different coloured layers...would have been a geologists dream to work out were each layer came from......

Without Flares

Tyres Hanging out heaps with no flares

Well,  heres the view for those that havent jumped under their tubs yet of the brackets supporting the sides of the tub -

As you can see I removed the mudflaps, then was the fun part to remove the plastic clips with the inbuilt thread for the mudflap screws....great fun....NOT

Removed the two 12mm bolts and drilled out the 3 spot welds on the right hand side....

Once the spot welds are drilled out, wiggle the panel around abit to break the seal the spot welds have left....

In the pic below, Im holding the stub of the mud flap bracket where it will be welded on roughly....and Ive drawn a texter line of approximately where the cut will be going on the inner side.

The bracket on the left you see hanging is removed by a couple of bolt at the top of it.....I left it on there for now as I put the mudflaps back on to keep driving it this week. After the week is up, I wont be driving the hilux hardly anything for a while so this save sme time later on when it comes to the actual chop.

Heres a pic of the line Ill be taking...the top of the tape is where the cut will be....Im not going perfectly horizontal for two reasons....

1st is it'll be too high above the side of the chassis rail and make mounting the mudflap bracket more difficult,  and secondly, it follows the indentation in the side of the tub....so it'll look better.

Thats it for now...hopefully next weekend Ill get some time to pull the light and wiring out, tape it up properly and begin cutting.

So thats where Im up to now.....hopefully this weekend Ill get a chance to cmplete the rear quarter chop.

Then in bout a months time, Wyatt Scott from Demello and RST and Mr Marlin Czajkowski himself are coming down under to help me install the very first Marlin Crawler Box to a current generation Hilux....so I will finally be able to crawl...something that bigger than standard tyres and an auto gearbox stop me from being able to do......

bigarms23

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,896
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2010, 11:22:31 AM »
nice truck good build on it keep up the good work
88 4runner 92 cpi duals 37 radial rockers and 4.8 coming soon

Mtn. Toy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 86
  • Member since Jul '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2010, 05:28:30 AM »
Lookin Good :thumbs:

ajordan1975

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 1,004
  • Member since Jun '07
  • i think i'm cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2010, 05:49:26 AM »
That's a SWEET truck!!! Keep the mods comin....  :thumbs:
1990 4Runner, SAS, 22re, 5spd, Dual stock cases, Locked f/b, interior cage

Hilux_Max [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2010, 03:29:35 AM »
I managed to do a little this morning and a little this afternoon on the hilux.

(Bit hard with the birth of my third kid last friday night and me 1 year old is running amok too  :smack:)

Pulled the spare tyre out, removed the tail lights and pulled the wiring out so its not in the way when i cut......i also drilled out the spot welds holding the panel to the brackets inside it. So that when i cut it will come apart easier then ill cut the inner brackets behind the outer panel  to suit seperately later.

I also taped her up and drew a guide-line that ill follow when i cut...had to double check on both sides to ensure it was even.

I toyed with the idea of having a perfectly horizontal cut but it would have ended up too high above the chassis rail directly behind the tyre and having it slightly tapered will suit the way im gonna do the mud flaps later.

Am considering disposing of the towbar all together rather than try and modify it to suit and raise it up to just below the tailgate.  

Me neighbour thinks Im nuts for cutting up a newish truck...maybe I am, we'll see....... :screwy:

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2010, 06:57:29 AM »
Love your truck, and so jealous of all the crewcab rigs you guys get.  That 2nd gen looks awesome!!  Get ready for Marlin that man's brain doesn't shut off.  He is a wonderful guy to ever know.  Have fun. 

For the windshield washer nozzles, look into GM.  They have been mounting the nozzles right on the wiper arms themselves.  It puts the fluid right on the windshield directly were you need it.   :thumbs:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Hilux_Max [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2010, 12:30:02 AM »
all done.....only a few minor things left to do like tidy up the wiring, fit the number plate...fit some recovery hooks....the removable mudflaps but all in all it came out exactly like my photoshopped pic a few pages back. am thinking of leaving the towbar plug plugged in and tied out of the way and only fit the towbar if i need it which is rare.

the quarter panels are only very slightly looser, as in they flex a tad bit more than before but no where near anything to worry bout.

the tailgate still shuts properly thou clips the right hand side a tad as you slam it, but when locked no problems, no flex.

cant post pics atm, got the little one in me arms trying to put him to sleep while i type this.....

lots of scrap metal on the garage floor......i did use rust kill paint on all exposed metal surfaces and fitted the pinchweld rubber too.

edit:

here are the pics, not the best coz they are in me garage but you can make it all out....once everthing is done, ill fully detail the truck, something i havent done in ages.

here you can see the extra steel supports exposed on the corners after the outer panel has been cut off.

and a selection of a few more.   i wanted to follow the bottom of the tailgate at the rear and taper it downwards towards the tyre.

yes, the chassis is abit exposed, but should be hidden abit better eventually when i get some sort of rear bar fitted.

you can see the number plate support panel is still there, that'll stay for now till i mount the number plate on a hinge so i dont destroy it offroad.....

so what do you think guys?

both positive and negative comments appreciated, i understand its not something most people would do and im probably the only one dumb enough to do it first, but you live only once and you learn as you go along.....hopefully others have picked up something from my little bit of butchery.

tip:  use a 4 inch thin blade for outer panel and if you have access to a 9" grinder, use that for the corners, would have made my life so much easier if i had a larger grinder!

Hilux_Max [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2010, 08:25:22 PM »
So for those of you that have been following some of my progress, you would have realised that I have recently completed a rear 1/4 panel chop and the fabrication of removable heavy duty mudflaps......

The thread dedicated to that can be found here - http://www2.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=5255

But I have taken some updated pics of the hilux this arvo after completing the removable mudflaps and thought you may be interested in seeing the finished product.

Side View

Left Hand Rear Quarter

Right Hand Rear Quarter

Rear View

some may wonder why i left a space above the mudflaps between them and the tub - its room for barwork to go over the top of the mudflap at a future stage.  And yes, the mudflaps go past the edge of the flare, its needed to cover the whole width of the tyre, i may fit some rubber flexi flares to the edge of the fibreglass flare to cover the tyre better and make it look more legal.

As others have said, some sort of rear bar with recovery  points would complete it.....anyone willing to make one "pro-bonno" ?  ;)

Id love something like this with the wheel carrier but dont know if it would suit the lux.....may just settle for a simple tube similar to this one below -

80YOTA4X4

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 151
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2010, 09:20:08 PM »
That looks great. I'm digging the old school style tailgate latches. :clap: I like it when people aren't afraid to chop up a new truck.   :flamer:

Fongs

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 299
  • Member since Oct '05
  • that`s the way to hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2010, 03:28:19 PM »
yep...the Hilux looks great :thumbs:

can you tell me the price for the frontbar...
We have here in germany also LUXdriver the intrest

:beerchug:

GONZO97

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 48
  • Male Posts: 612
  • Member since Apr '09
  • travel the path less taken
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Mattress Xpress
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #11 on: Feb 26, 2010, 03:36:20 PM »
diggin that cut on the rear looking good  :beerchug:
1997 4Runner Limited 3" lift on 31 M/Ts-Traded
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61054.msg749103#msg749103
1995 Xtended Cab SAS on 35's Dual Cases-Sold
1991 4Runner SAS on 33s RUF 63's in the back Bilsteins all the way around, 5.29s front and rear Detroit locked Front and Rear http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=65180.0
1988 4Runner 3.0 V6--SOLD
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=97592.msg1086573#msg1086573
1996 Toyota 4Runner 3.4 V6 3" OME Lift Springs 33" Duratracs

The Build:
Coming Soon

Hilux_Max [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Feb 26, 2010, 03:40:09 PM »
yep...the Hilux looks great :thumbs:

can you tell me the price for the frontbar...
We have here in germany also LUXdriver the intrest
 :beerchug:
price reccommended retail here in australia in the big name 4x4 shops is about $1250 australian, but if your serious, send an email to matty@monsterrides.com.au here in australia, tell him that max sent you from the marlin crawler forum and he will do a much better price for you than the major stores can. just remind him where you are writing from.

thanks for the vote of confidence guys....first cut is always the hardest

Hilux_Max [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Feb 28, 2010, 09:42:20 PM »
My Marlin Crawl Box arrived today........ :thumbs: :bowdown: :clap: :usa: :beerchug:

The Crawler Shifter Boots, Floor Plate and Shifter -

2 x Alloy Spacers (I think, Wyatt can explain better),bolts, screws, seals and Ultra Grey Sealer -

Transfercase Mount, and 2 couplers to suit the 2 different splines -

A few various pics of the Crawl Box itself showing that it is stamped with the 4.7 gears -

Hilux_Max [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Mar 08, 2010, 09:52:56 PM »
Another small update to add a piece to the puzzle  :lol:

I Have removed my front tailshaft (boot one in pic below) and the front portion of my rear tailshaft (since they are a 2 piece unit - top one in pic below) to get them modifed to suit the Crawl Box when it is installed.

The Crawl Box is 8.5" long so fitting this will require me to shorten the front portion of the rear shaft and lengthen the front tailshaft by that amount.

PadawanYota_Stovy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 154
  • Member since Apr '09
  • I drive , I wheel , I crawl , I am Toyota
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Mar 10, 2010, 11:10:24 PM »
SWEET ride ! You guys have too much money lol or at least more then most of us . Nice build too .   

Stats : 85 Toyota 22RE , 3" body lift, 32" wild country's, Duel Marlin, Lock rights front and rear, full inside cage. 

I drive , I wheel , I crawl , I am Toyota

Hilux_Max [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 10, 2010, 11:15:54 PM »
i doubt it.....im broke till my next monthly paycheck comes.......i wish i had too much money.....

funny thou, because alot of us aussies see what you yanks do to your trucks and we think/say the same thing....lol

like the saying....the grass is always greener on the other side!  :smack:

PadawanYota_Stovy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 154
  • Member since Apr '09
  • I drive , I wheel , I crawl , I am Toyota
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 10, 2010, 11:20:52 PM »
Well I guess  high sight is fore sight in ways . My truck only needs a lift kit to be trail dominate now . I've been on a budget built since I bounce between jobs and traveling ( seasonal work National Parks ) < I don't regret . Hm lets see in my truck now I maybe have 5 K or so in total built re build to driving legally since 05 in time etc. I just finally got my full in cage done . There is a post some where here with pics . Keep it up tho !

Stats : 85 Toyota 22RE , 3" body lift, 32" wild country's, Duel Marlin, Lock rights front and rear, full inside cage. 

I drive , I wheel , I crawl , I am Toyota

AWSUMDC

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 299
  • Member since Feb '06
  • 1 BIG TACO!
    • View Profile
    • ROCKSOLIDTOYS COM
« Reply #18 on: Mar 11, 2010, 04:58:25 AM »
One more day Max and Marlin and I will be there to see how slow we can get that Hilux to go. :thumbs:

Well, at least we'll e on the plane. :wink2:
Wyatt Scott "AWSUMDC"
"Linked, Locked, & Large"

WWW.ROCKSOLIDTOYS.COM

http://community.webshots.com/user/awsumdc

Hilux_Max [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Mar 12, 2010, 01:17:39 AM »
Heres another small update.......

I fitted the side mount rubber flares to the outer edges of the fibreglass flares I have now on.......

One of the reasons for doing this is because of the rear quarter chop and the custom mudflaps Ive fitted its a little bit of extra "cop-bait" and the whole sidewall of the tyre was sitting past the flares as it was so I thought Id make things all "legal'ish"  :roll:  and cover the tyres properly. unfortunately we dont have the availability for the hilux of larger fibreglass fenders like the taco's do.

As you can see the tailshaft isnt there, I picked it up yesterday...all modified to suit the crawler which is getting installed this coming Monday.....Wyatt and Marlin should be jumping on the plane in bout a couple hours time.....

Ive also slapped on some Marlin stickers to help promote their product......

The extra width of the flares means I can now run easily a full width 12.5 inch tyre if I want to and be covered by the flares....over my 12inch wide at the moment.

The bronze pregnant dog is slowly but surely changing.....cant wait to take her offroad again, its been a while.

Edit: My daughter reckons the "little turtles" on the hilux are pretty cool ....LOL

baja dan

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 200
  • Member since Feb '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Apr 25, 2010, 11:05:58 AM »
hell of a truck wish mine was a diesel

minicrawlin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 388
  • Member since Oct '09
  • BAM!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Apr 25, 2010, 11:32:17 AM »
Awesome build, good to see the Hilux badge still living and geting used as it should!
the rocks Rock in South D SON!