Author Topic: Raffle for the Underdogs!!  (Read 1672 times)

SAMI

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jul '06
    • View Profile
Raffle for the Underdogs!!
« on: Sep 09, 2009, 03:43:34 PM »

MountainYoats 4x4's very own Robby Flandro dominated The 2008 Delta Crawl's Stock Class in his modified 1985 Toyota 4Runner. He now has his sights on the desert racing scene, and is itching to prove that his skills can be utilized on the grueling desert floor as well as the redrocks.

To help fund MountainYoats 4x4 Club for the upcoming B.O.R.E. race out near Wendover, the greatest local companies have stepped up with donated product to help us out. Companies such as Cruiser Outfitters, Teraflex Plus, Utah Powder Coatings, CSD Audio, and more...

Items in the raffle include:

*Ipod Shuffle & ZAGG earbuds

*SCUBA Experience for 4 @ Neptune Divers ~ Value of $100

*ARB Speedy Seal Kit from Cruiser Outfitters

*ARB Air Down kit from Cruiser Outfitters

*$50 Gift Cert to Cruiser Outfitters

*Pre-tapped Jeep TJ Steering Box Front Cap from Condor Manufacturing ~ Thanks Karl!

*Tow strap, tree saver strap, and grab handles from Teraflex Plus

*Gift certs to Utah Powder Coatings

*$50 Gift to CSD Audio

Ticket Prices:

1 = $2
3 = $5
7 = $10
16 = $20

Deadline will be Sep 22nd!!
There will a be limit of 1,000 tickets sold

We will record the numerical series of your tickets and PM/email them back to you. We will upload a video to Youtube so that you can watch as the winning tickets are chosen.

Money for raffle tickets should be sent via Paypal to jason.goates@gmail.com. You can attach a note as to the amount of tickets, PM me, post in this thread, or we can use deductive reasoning to decide how many you bought.

The winch fell through, but more raffle prizes are in the works and will be announced as they come in.

Thank you to all of those who support us, even if we bribed you to do so with a raffle. :D

Other MountainYoats 4x4 supporting companies include SnowDizzle, RME, Scout About PC, Molcasalsa SLC.

If you or your company would like to sponsor the MountainYoats 4x4 Club please PM Jason "SAMI".

SAMI [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '06
    • View Profile
Re: Raffle for the Underdogs!!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2009, 07:46:46 AM »

Check out Robby rallying the wall at Delta Crawl 08! This kid is nuts.. Help get him to the B.O.R.E. race!!!

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO  

« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2009, 08:00:20 AM by SAMI »

SAMI [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2009, 11:37:25 AM »
One more day to grab some tickets!

The MountainYoats team owes alot of people for us being there. We knew we were the underdog, we had no clue what we were getting into.. I prepared myself by watching Dust to Glory over and over.. Been doing that for years anyways ;).. Some of the bigger teams gave us pointers Friday night which was really cool.

We worked our Supra 7MGE motor hard! It overheated numerous times per lap, but never gave up. We pulled a 9 car up the rocky/silt hill on lap 1, he then caught us through the WSA as we were pulled off to the side cooling the motor.. We caught back up after checkpoint 3 and rode his ass for a few minutes. I was on the horn the whole time, sucking down his dust. Rob attempted a pass, which ended up sending us into a ditch, catching some air, and busting the passenger side motor-mount. We rolled into the pit not knowing if we should(could?) continue.. 4 blown shocks, MAF problems, a rouge spark plug that attempted to jump ship numerous times, and the broken motor-mount.. F it.. We busted out the welder while 1-2 guys tightened bolts underneath the rig.. We reloaded our water supply (mainly for motor-cooling purposes), and rolled back out for lap #2, not knowing what would happen.

Our first lap was 3hrs 5mins, 2nd lap 3hrs 22mins.. We were slow, but we made it! With an hour and a half to spare too! Top speed of 68mph, and an avergae moving speed of 30mph (according to GPS).

I can't even express how much we all loved the experience. A big thanks to Redd for putting up with my texts and phone calls (once I finally got his phone #), and for checking our rig out at 2am Wednesday night.

We had a blast! We hope to be back with an all new mini rock-racing buggy next year.. This was a great introductory race, and the 2nd place finish in 4400 class was the icing on the cake!

Here's a video I threw together yesterday..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53PbZiLbBdo

Here's the rig post-race (post victory roll-overs)

-Jason
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2009, 08:59:17 AM by SAMI »

SAMI [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2009, 02:26:21 PM »
We filmed the drawing with the intention of putting it on youtube, but my computer doesn't want to read the movie file.. So, without wasting anymore time announcing the winners...