Author Topic: 2009/2010 Hunting, Fishing and Outdoor thread - POSSIBLE BLOODY PICS INSIDE!  (Read 36171 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,756
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
May as well do it again!  I know Pat will load us up with more pics of gorgeous Alaskan fish when he gets back later this year.  Don't be afraid to post pics of a deer you shot or a fresh kill, but do try to remember that this thread may be viewed by the squeemish, although they do have ample warning. 

I wanna see pics of fish you catch, deer you see while scouting or while out and about, well, pretty much anything animal related, and you can also use this thread to keep track of plans and trips.  I will give a little heads up though;  In the interest of keeping the thread clean and on topic, I will be deleting some of the rabbit trailing that has happened in the past.  Please try and stay on topic and limit multiple non-topic posts to help keep this thread simple and productive  ;) 

I'd already decided not to deer hunt this year in the interest of devoting more time to other interests and to help focus more time and effort on bird hunting this year, but since losing my job and a months income, I likely won't be hunting any more this year, and may not get to do any salmon fishing this year at all  :down:  We'll see how things go, but I work random hours at the new job and will have a hard enough time just barely getting by.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

ROKTOY829

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Male Posts: 191
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
Here's a pic of a pig on my trail camera. Got a few pics that night and he hasn't been back since. Think the flash spooked him.

Halladay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
Here are some pics of last years deer season in Starkey Oregon. Just outside of La-Grande Or.
We didnt get any deer but we did get us some little camp thiefs! haha

Meat Pole

Camp... with my truck when it was on 33s haha

I found this guy in my pop tarts one morning so i smashed him with a rock and skinned him for a hide to go on the wall.

You wanted Blood Pics.....

83 Crawler

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Male Posts: 2,779
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
and when your truck was clean  :egyptian:

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
It's that time!  Bow season has come and gone here, and I believe rifle season has opened for both deer and bear, so post em up  :thumbs: 

I haven't picked up my hunting license yet, thought I might have the cash but my truck registration is due right now too, so it's either sell something else or keep the truck registered.  I have been salmon fishing a few times though, and am either catching or hooking one or two each time.  Only kept one and didn't snap a pic, didn't have the camera, but after that first one they've all been brown so I've been letting them go, but next time I go I'm keeping anything that's clean despite color.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Halladay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
It's that time!  Bow season has come and gone here, and I believe rifle season has opened for both deer and bear, so post em up  :thumbs: 

I haven't picked up my hunting license yet, thought I might have the cash but my truck registration is due right now too, so it's either sell something else or keep the truck registered.  I have been salmon fishing a few times though, and am either catching or hooking one or two each time.  Only kept one and didn't snap a pic, didn't have the camera, but after that first one they've all been brown so I've been letting them go, but next time I go I'm keeping anything that's clean despite color.

my deer season dont open till th third

84xcab

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 261
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
Mine opens this saturday. Planning on getting my tag thursday, wish me luck :greengrin:
Bobbed 84 xtra cab, pickin up parts as I go.

If at first you do not succeed, put it in 4low and try again.

Halladay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
Mine opens this saturday. Planning on getting my tag thursday, wish me luck :greengrin:

:beerchug:

84xcab

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
I guess ill go first  for 09' deer season :greengrin:

9-28-09 7:45am Taken on public land zone D-3. 150yd shot with 30-06

« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2009, 10:57:10 AM by 84xcab »

Halladay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
RIP KYOTA

84xcab

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
Thanks, spenceville wildlife area gets hit hard during deer season so i was stoked to even see a forky

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
I know the feeling, a lot of the areas of b zone I hunt get hit super hard, yet somehow I've been able to pass on smaller bucks probably 7 of the last 10 years I've hunted, but then I never see a bigger buck after that.  I passed on one just a little smaller than that last year and another about that size the first day I got to go out when it rained.  Now this year I actually need to hunt for the meat and would shoot most the deer I've passed on and I can't afford my license or tags, plus my freezer took a :pokinit: right after I lost my job.
RIP KYOTA

84xcab

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
Damn, I couldnt imagine missing a season. Well im off to get my second tag this week. If I have the money im gonna head to the mountains and do some hiking to put some miles between me and the roads in hopes for a better buck. Since got a smaller one I will be passing on any other small ones that come my way so they can grow another year.

Halladay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
Hunting Season Opens Saturday!
« Reply #14 on: Sep 30, 2009, 10:05:01 AM »
Were are you guy hunting this year and what will you be huntin? What cal. rifle you using?
Ill Be hunting Saddle Mt. Unit For deer this year and try and get me a nice Blacktail Buck. Then im Heading East For Elk on the boarder of oregon and Idaho Hunting the Starkey Unit for a Bull tag! I bought myself a Tompson Center .270 with a Sheppered Scoop its a millitary Scoop and has windage and Elavation adjustments up to a 1000 Yards! 800 Bucks for the scoop and 500 for the rifle. Ill Be using the old trusty 30.30 marlin for deer with a bushnell 2-7 elite... Lets here what you guys are using!  :beerchug:

ROKTOY829

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting Season Opens Saturday!
« Reply #15 on: Sep 30, 2009, 10:58:30 AM »
Got another month before bow season starts here in Alabama. will be using my pse bow again this year. but when rifle season starts up november the 15 I'll switch over to my rem springfield 30.06 with leupold scope. Only big game I get to hunt around  here is whitetail deer :down:. a local wma has some nice wild pigs on it that can  be hunted with a bow which is nice but those varimits are night movers around here.

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Necessities suck, in order of importance I have truck registration due, bike insurance due, and a hunting license and tags to buy.  I could probably put bike insurance at #3, but riding the bike will save me a bit in fuel and will pay off down the road.
RIP KYOTA

83YOTASR5

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 15
  • Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sep 30, 2009, 01:13:52 PM »
i will be hunting saddle mt. as well this year. i got a marlin 30-06 with a nikon prostaff scope. nice score on the starkey tag, theres some monster bulls over east

Toyospearo

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Sep 30, 2009, 02:07:53 PM »
B zone!!!
I have already been out.  Yesterday rained pretty good and I saw a lot of game.  Passed on a decent forky I am sure to regret later.
I just packed my big backpack to head in to the Trinity Alps for 4 days. Hopefully that will pay off.
 :thumbs:

ROKTOY829

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sep 30, 2009, 02:25:24 PM »
"Hunting season" is open all year here  :dunno:  Also, http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61071.0
Kinda that way here to I just hunt while I'm   :driving: run down is my motto. How long is the hunting season in general for some of ya?

98yota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 167
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sep 30, 2009, 04:20:34 PM »
ill be hunting stupid D8 this year on weekends with my new weatherby .270 with a bushnell 3x9  :yesnod:
98 taco, 32's, allpro front bumper, 3 in. body :( i know, cobra 29 ltd classic cb. broke college student so no building for awhile

luvyota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 286
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sep 30, 2009, 06:44:47 PM »
my first season sunday i got a doe but i have the second season to get my elk. i have a martin compound bow this is my first year bow hunting. i normaly hunt with a ruger m77 hawkeye 30-06 with a 3x9x50 scope
luvyota

Halladay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sep 30, 2009, 07:59:50 PM »
i will be hunting saddle mt. as well this year. i got a marlin 30-06 with a nikon prostaff scope. nice score on the starkey tag, theres some monster bulls over east

Really? were abouts you hunt? anywere near fishhawk lake?

84xcab

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
Ya, my second tag is looking a bit iffy because im low on funds and really need to find a job again even part time. Now im thinking my truck is higher up on the priorities list. I love to hunt, but ill just think of it as passing the chance of a second buck on to somebody who could need it more.

84xcab

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Oct 03, 2009, 12:44:38 AM »
Savage Stevens Model 200 in 30-06 with Nikon Prostaff 3x9-40 slingin' 150grain lead. Hunt the local wildlife area alot (Spenceville) gonna get my second D3-5 tag monday and switch it up hunting some private and public property in Foresthill, weimar, colfax area around the american river canyon. Gonna put in for an X zone tag next year if im not up in Tahoe for CCC.

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Just saw this on pirate, peanut farmer shooting pesky pigs from a helicopter.  http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=824916
RIP KYOTA

83YOTASR5

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 15
  • Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Oct 12, 2009, 01:37:19 PM »
Really? were abouts you hunt? anywere near fishhawk lake?
YEA I HUNT ON GREEN MT. WHICH IS PRETTY CLOSE TO FISHHAWK LAKE, BUT IM USHUALLY CLOSER TO VERNONIA THAN BIRKENFIELD

87yoter

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 71
  • Member since Feb '09
  • Makes Me Feel So Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Oct 14, 2009, 10:02:59 PM »
any luck in the b zone spearo? wich b are you huntin??
get it!

Toyospearo

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Oct 16, 2009, 10:09:07 PM »
any luck in the b zone spearo? wich b are you huntin??
YES!!  Tue I shot 3 x 3 thanks to the rain!  AND, yesterday I shot a 275lb bear.   I am headed out in the morning to see if I can fill my second deer tag.
« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2009, 09:11:18 PM by Toyospearo »

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
There's a thread on pirate with some pics from people's trail cams, and somebody posted this monster.  Frickin rack is almost as big as his body  :yikes:
RIP KYOTA