Author Topic: 1984 Land Cruiser FJ60. SOA, 33s  (Read 8295 times)

Addicted Offroad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 236
  • Member since Jun '06
    • View Profile
    • www.addictedoffroad.com
1984 Land Cruiser FJ60. SOA, 33s
« on: Jul 03, 2009, 11:39:09 AM »
I decide that I am selling off a couple of my rigs to build something new. So, the FJ60 is for sale at this point.

I just finished the SOA on this 60 a couple months ago. Its seen maybe 1000 miles since then.

So, here are the specs of what is available. All work done in the last 2000 miles.

Stock 2F, 166K on the body, motor, tranny.
New Clutch and rear main installed 2000 miles ago.
New Oil pan gasket
New vacuum line run.
extra Aisin Carb included
New pinion seals
New output seal on Tcase

The SOA used stock springs. I frenched the front shackle hanger into the frame, so it basically has 4.5" of lift. It will clear 35s, but comes with new 33x12.5x15 M/Ts on new 15x8 Cragar soft 8's.

TG highsteer arms with 555 FJ80 rod ends.

Complete front axle rebuild. It was completely torn down, wire wheeled, and painted. All new seals, gaskets, trunion bearings, etc installed. I also added a complete knuckle ball gusset kit to the front axle. new u-bolts and flip kit added as well. The axle itself was moved forward 2 full inches.

Custom Shock hoops were added.

The rear axle had the stock spring perches cut off, and rotated for a better pinion angle. New shock mounts welded on as well, and a u-bolt flip kit. 

Interior is clean. The DS seat has a tear in the side which is pretty normal.

I installed some FJ80 3rd row seat into the back. I am still working on being able to install the shoulder belts, and to allow the seats to flip up out of the way. This will be done for the new buyer before they pick it up.

Just had a new Pinkington windshield installed two weeks ago. Its a 10% tint windshield and is one of the best on the market.

Its got the bigger FJ62 mirrors on it.

Stereo is a Sony CD/MP3/ player with Aux for an Ipod hookup. Includes 6.5" Xplod speakers in the doors and some Audiovox boxes in the back. Center console lid actually is in great shape as well.

What it needs:

1. The A/C needs a charge. I just never dealt with it.
2. Needs a carb rebuild as its the original. I will include an extra Aisin carb from a 1986, so you can send it out for a rebuild and not have to deal with any down time. It diesels a little on shut down due to some carbon build up in the carb.
3. The body has some minor dings and a couple small dents. Typical from an original body that is 25 years old. The paint still buffs out VERY nice. There is some very light rust at the back of the rear wheel wells. This would be a VERY easy fix IMO.
4. Front d-shaft needs to be finished. It basically needs a non-CV shaft. Right now it has the stock CV shaft on it, but its too short and will pull apart under full droop.

I think that is it.

There is no roof gutter rust at all, and the body is solid. Frame has some surface rust, but its solid even above the spare tire. The stock bumpers are in EXCELLENT condition with no dings or dents on them. The dash has a dime sized crack, but that is it as well. All in all, this is a damn nice 60, and is on its way to a very nice mild wheeler.

Asking $4900 OBO

Located in Windsor, CO near Fort Collins. Its about 45 mins north of Denver.

Call me if interested: 970-420-4198

Here is the build thread to see what was done:
http://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/276982-84-build-bruise.html

Interior pics

Rear Wheel wells