Author Topic: A bold statement by ford  (Read 8426 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,756
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
A bold statement by ford
« on: Apr 15, 2008, 10:24:56 PM »
Has anybody else seen the recent ford commercials claiming they're quality is now as good as toyota's? 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Re: A bold statement by ford
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2008, 10:33:57 PM »
If it was true, I still wouldn't buy one!   :eek:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

NT-OUTBACK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 139
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2008, 11:13:31 PM »
That's not saying much since the new yota's are not nearly as good as the old.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2008, 05:07:30 AM »
Has anybody else seen the recent ford commercials claiming they're quality is now as good as toyota's? 
Its because they're made in America....I'm convinced of that...The Japanese made toyotas are far superior IMO
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2008, 05:27:14 AM »
Here we go again.  Round 5478.  Keep your hands up, protect yourself at all times.

Everybody knows that FORD makes the best cars on the......... bahhhhahahahaah :rofl:  :rofl2:  :rofl: 

Sorry, I couldn't even get it out without busting out laughing.
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2008, 06:11:23 AM »
Not sure exactly which 'quality' they are using...  maybe 'Initial Quality', which means...  I dunno, maybe fewest complaints while still on the showroom floor?  I doubt Ford is ahead of anyone after a few years of ownership.

I am forced to drive mostly Fords at work (for the past 27+ years).  That alone will keep me from ever buying one.   :twocents:
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2008, 08:42:52 AM »
Here we go again.  Round 5478.  Keep your hands up, protect yourself at all times.

Everybody knows that FORD makes the best cars on the......... bahhhhahahahaah :rofl:  :rofl2:  :rofl: 

Sorry, I couldn't even get it out without busting out laughing.
:funny:  :rofl:

Ok, was somebody trying to get me to post here with this thread?  I've worked on enough of those piles to know better... :gap: All I can say is....."my screen name"...nuff said.  :yupyup:

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2008, 09:44:09 AM »

I did hear that, and I did laugh.  There's no way Ford can compare their vehicles to Toyota... but then again, Toyota compares their vehicles to the big 3 all the time - so it's kinda "what goes around comes around".

But it is rediculous cuz there is no comparison!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 16, 2008, 09:49:29 AM »
I guess the old slogan "Quality is job 1" is out the window. Striving for mediocrity will come to no good.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

porkchop

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 630
  • Member since Jun '07
  • Yeah 2 @ 1 time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 16, 2008, 12:51:01 PM »
Personally I have a 2005 avalon touring that I would not trade for any new Ford .....well maybe a new Power Stroke to pull with I lookedat BMW and Merc and about everything and still endded up with the avalon it out classed them all in my opnion
85 TRUCK AUSSIE IN FRONT LINCON AROUND BACK MARLIN 4" SPRINGS UP FRONT WITH 63 CHEVYS ON BACK. REBUILT 22R WITH CRAWL CAM AND FEW OTHER THINGS NOTHING HUGE JUST WAITING TO GET PROPANE ON IT. RUNNIN 35'S M/T WITH MY LONGFIELDS 30 SPLINE SUPER AXLES. 4.7's IN T-CASE AND ON THE WAY WITH DUAL CASES. FULL HYDRO WITH TG ROCK ASSULT PUMP AND 2 X 6 AG RAM

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 16, 2008, 01:12:19 PM »
Personally I have a 2005 avalon touring that I would not trade for any new Ford .....well maybe a new Power Stroke to pull with I lookedat BMW and Merc and about everything and still endded up with the avalon it out classed them all in my opnion

My sister has a Geezer Pleaser too. She loves it.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

94MtnYote

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 6
  • Member since Oct '07
  • - 94 std cab-
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 16, 2008, 02:00:46 PM »
 I find it amusing when people tow their yota trail rig with a ford. I guess if the tow rig breaks down you have a second vehicle with ya.
22RE .30 over, mild cam, K&N, LCE header, 2.25'' pipe, high flow cat, Magnaflow.
 Marlin 1200LB clutch

no substitute for 4wheel drive.

porkchop

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 630
  • Member since Jun '07
  • Yeah 2 @ 1 time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Apr 16, 2008, 02:41:27 PM »
well i pull now with a 94 z-71 and really would lke to hook it up to disel and see how that jerks it around I am a more of a chevrolet guy myself
85 TRUCK AUSSIE IN FRONT LINCON AROUND BACK MARLIN 4" SPRINGS UP FRONT WITH 63 CHEVYS ON BACK. REBUILT 22R WITH CRAWL CAM AND FEW OTHER THINGS NOTHING HUGE JUST WAITING TO GET PROPANE ON IT. RUNNIN 35'S M/T WITH MY LONGFIELDS 30 SPLINE SUPER AXLES. 4.7's IN T-CASE AND ON THE WAY WITH DUAL CASES. FULL HYDRO WITH TG ROCK ASSULT PUMP AND 2 X 6 AG RAM

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Apr 16, 2008, 05:32:12 PM »
My wife and I have owned 2 fords in the past(zx2 and exploder) and will never own one again. I will only own Chevy's and Yota's now. Well a Cummins power Dodge would be nice for towin, but my 96 Silverado does just fine in that department for now.
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Apr 16, 2008, 05:36:41 PM »
i have always liked ford... this isnt really a debate... it all comes down to loyalty.... i never had any ford break down on me that wasnt directly correlated to some stupid act i commited..... nuetral drop anything 5 times and it doesnt work anymore..... ah... the days of youth.....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #15 on: Apr 16, 2008, 06:12:26 PM »
So is this Ford's admission that their previous junk was in fact junk? I've heard this commercial and laughed at it, there is no way that they can achieve this level of quality. It's not Quality Is Job 1 it is Quality Of A Junk Ford! I'd never ever buy another Ford no matter if they were guaranteed never to breakdown.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Apr 16, 2008, 06:43:59 PM »
I hear that comercial in the background noise wile on the computer. I got the attention of the hole house verry quickly with my rant! My wife gave me a funny look and said ,"its sad when one auto make boast about being as good as another". I guess Ford has finally openly admitted to having lower standards than Toyota for the last XXX years.

All these new ford comercials are gonna do is get loyal ford owners looking at toyota as an option when buying. Ford motors is ignorant for nationally admitting to striving to be as good as another auto manufactuer.

I say its good for toyota!
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Apr 16, 2008, 06:48:54 PM »
as much as i love ford, i wont buy anything newer except for a p71 or a stang.....

the new psds with the 6.0 suck... i would get a 7.3 psd

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Apr 16, 2008, 07:43:59 PM »
Never liked fords, never have owned them in the past (family included) except for my grandpa's '66 mustang, that he bought in '72.  He's been talking about giving it to me :woohoo:  I'll drive that one with pride!! :gap:

Now, I drive a 2002 F250.  7.3, 6spd, etc.  Test drove and compared several different makes and models, and for my price range, and what I wanted it for (DD/capable tow rig) The F250 7.3 PSD with the 6spd won, hands down.  I wouldn't have settled for anything less, no 6.0, no auto.  Needed the cabin space, so the quad cab turned out perfect for my needs.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #19 on: Apr 16, 2008, 08:19:29 PM »
The only reason I ever even bought a new Ford was the price plain and simple. I regretted both buys.

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Apr 16, 2008, 08:24:45 PM »
i fell in love with my friends truck.. he let me borrow it for awile

~ John F. Kennedy ~

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Apr 16, 2008, 08:32:15 PM »
The only reason I ever even bought a new Ford was the price plain and simple. I regretted both buys.

:thumbs: there's your problem, I bought mine used!! :gap:

I've been happy with mine so far :crossed:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #22 on: Apr 16, 2008, 08:45:35 PM »
But that's where they get their rating from, initial buyers ratings. Had nothing but issues from day 1 on them. Trying to think of any issues I had with my Toyota buys, can't think of any at all. In fact none of them ever needed to be taken in for any warranty issues.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Apr 16, 2008, 08:58:01 PM »
But that's where they get their rating from, initial buyers ratings. Had nothing but issues from day 1 on them. Trying to think of any issues I had with my Toyota buys, can't think of any at all. In fact none of them ever needed to be taken in for any warranty issues.
I have to admit, my toyota has had more problems than any other vehicle I've owned :gap: 

-Ronald Reagan

kneedownnate [OP]

• Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,756
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Apr 16, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »
Not sure exactly which 'quality' they are using...  maybe 'Initial Quality', which means...  I dunno, maybe fewest complaints while still on the showroom floor?  I doubt Ford is ahead of anyone after a few years of ownership.

I am forced to drive mostly Fords at work (for the past 27+ years).  That alone will keep me from ever buying one.   :twocents:

"highest initial quality" is no better than saying it looks best on the cover of motor trend magazine.  Hey ford, get back with me after you've called all the owners in 5 years and dealt with some ass chewins!  They're mouth is writing a check their ass can't check...

I remember seeing one of the big 3 reps doing an interview at a big car expo or something, and he openly admitted that their quality wasn't, and hadn't ever been, on par with that of the japanese, BUT they were continually making improvements and trying to address known issues.  That gave me a little more respect for them (just wish I could remember which one, though I think it was chrysler), and a shitpile more respect than I give companies who make such..... flamingly stupid claims as ford  :shake:

I've long said if quality is job 1 at ford, what the hell is job two???  Obviously not wiring  :_oops:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Thomas P

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 3,092
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Apr 16, 2008, 10:00:59 PM »
How dare ford say that their quality is as good as toyotas, they might as well say that toyotas are just as shitty as our fords,  I laughed when i saw that commercial
'85 EFI X cab SR5. 42" Iroks, Dual ultimates etc.
'84 Std. cab  Yota, Chevy 4.3 swapped (makes v8's cry)
'88 4 Runner 39.5" Iroks FJ80 front, taco rear elockers dual ultimates
'07 Toyota Tundra crew max 5.7 (grocery getter/tow rig)
'14 Camry SE
SCX10 Honcho on roids!

Goose

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 52
  • Male Posts: 1,029
  • Member since Mar '07
  • >>Goose maN<<
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Apr 17, 2008, 04:06:40 AM »
They're mouth is writing a check their ass can't check...

:rofl2: I think you messed that one up...
Baller Status: Coming Soon To A Toyota Near You!...   :afro:

My Life Is A Very Complicated Drinking Game... -Me

90 ext. cab v6, SAS'd, 37's

94 4runner -work in progress

www.slagfactory.com

My Buildups:
'90 ext. cab
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=38260.new#new
'94 4Runner
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=53882.new#new

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Apr 17, 2008, 05:24:50 AM »
I have to admit, my toyota has had more problems than any other vehicle I've owned :gap: 
cough...3.0 cough cough....

:rofl:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

94MtnYote

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 6
  • Member since Oct '07
  • - 94 std cab-
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Apr 17, 2008, 11:50:28 AM »

:funny:
Maybe this thread should be titled, A desperate shot in the dark, brought to you by Ford.
If things were going well for Ford they most likely wouldn't have sold Land rover and Jaguar to  the Indain auto maker Tata.   
22RE .30 over, mild cam, K&N, LCE header, 2.25'' pipe, high flow cat, Magnaflow.
 Marlin 1200LB clutch

no substitute for 4wheel drive.

WHITE_TRASH

• Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Apr 17, 2008, 11:59:02 AM »
These days stock for stock 98% of the vehicles sold are reliable and last just as long as the next one.  Not that its a good thing, all the new rigs are big steaming cow turds but they are the same none the less....  :hahaha:
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??