Author Topic: Let me say this....about language  (Read 37124 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,756
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Let me say this....about language
« Reply #60 on: Nov 05, 2010, 07:35:09 PM »
haha... this is getting fun.

"NOT UP FOR DISCUSSION!"

That's the American pride we should have huh...
and you can't say this place is not for talking about what ever you want. That's ridiculous, theres a thread on what you like more Carl's Jr. or Burger King.
I thought threads were for talking but I guess I was wrong.
Sorry Mom and Dad :down:

Why is it so hard for you guys to underdstand?  Marlin's company website = they set the rules.  If you want to argue so bad, sign up for pirate and cry, then come back here and cry when they kick you off and ban your isp.  Otherwise, just enjoy this site and watch your p's and q's  :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

cruzila [OP]

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
« Reply #61 on: Nov 13, 2010, 09:19:07 AM »
Sir, I might point out that this thread was started by a board ADMIN.  Not just a member, not even a mod....the Administrator.  This is a board rule that is not up for discussion.  I appreciate very much that you've not gone off on a profanity-riddled tirade about this, and your opinion has been heard.  But as has been stated time and time again, these are the rules of THIS particular forum.  Plain and simple.  We appreciate your participation, and all we ask is that everyone plays by these simple rules.  :thumbs:

The reason I put this thread up is very simple. My being an Admin or not, it is what Marlin wanted. He respects me enough to trust that I can take the responsibility of the position. If you went in to court room and started swearing in front of a judge, you would be held in contempt. That is an extreme example but one that shows that there are times and places for everything. This place has rules that other places on the internet do not.

The great thing about this country is if you do not like the rules of a place, you can go make your own place. I look at this boards decision making process like a monarchy. Marlin is the King and he will listen to suggestions, but it is not a democracy. Neither is any business a democracy. There is no vote.

Most folks here are here because they like the atmosphere, those that do not like it will not stay.

Simple.

I think it is cool that folks are discussing this. It makes the mind think about it and maybe someday we will have an internet that is not so detached when it comes to discussions. By not "hearing" the diction in a voice, understanding can be difficult. I can swear with the best of them, but I know when to do it and when to show respect by not swearing.

Scott
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2010, 09:25:08 AM by cruzila »
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

toy4xfun

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 19
  • Member since Dec '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Dec 10, 2011, 02:36:53 PM »
well my friend most people complain about the rule set up by the development, municipality, state, and country governments, so of coarse they will complain about the rules of this forum. having worked in the automotive and construction trades my entire life, i sure hope i do not type what comes out of my mouth at times. and i for one know i was raised better, but habits are hard to break. i also read through the rules for this board, and i ha ha ha ha liked them.

yota_krawler

• Cody Hunter
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 3,379
  • Member since Oct '06
  • proud parent!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Mar 16, 2012, 12:06:08 AM »
edit: maybe we should clarify, I felt it meant NO cussing period.

carry on
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2012, 01:50:06 PM by yota_krawler »
Tow Rig: 2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab: lift and tires.
Wheeler: 1985 Toyota 4runner Semi Built: project http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=89681.msg1013539#msg1013539

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Mar 16, 2012, 01:29:03 PM »
You can spend an eternity trying to edit what people have said and posted on this site. But now, oh now, you say the all mighty D word and BAM, youre done? YA YA YA i know the rules.... i read them when I joined 6 years ago. If you can have 173 pages of ALMOST nude, then you can have 100,000 pages of ALMOST D words....

:headscratch:  I don't know if I missed something recently that prompted your post, but I'm sure nobody has ever been banned for using the "D word."  The "D word" is pretty mild.  Now, if it's used in conjunction with several other words, and on a repeated/excessive basis, and (probably most importantly) you've been asked to tone it down and blatantly refuse--then I could see there being an issue.

Besides the fact that the GBG thread that you linked to is located under Chit Chat Camp (and therefore shouldn't easily be stumbled upon as you search for tech articles), it also has a disclaimer in the title and has its own set of rules (No Nips, No Lips).  And no, it would not be a cool idea to go out and create an "All cussing, all the time" thread either.  The bottom line is, Marlin Crawler is a privately-owned company, and this is that company's forum, and it is FREE for your use.  Users are expected to honor the owner's wishes on how to conduct themselves.  Marlin prefers that cussing be kept to a minimum.  Thanks for playing along.   :thumbs:
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #65 on: Mar 16, 2012, 08:40:23 PM »
:headscratch:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way