Author Topic: GLEN (79COYTOTE) WAS IN AN ACCIDENT!  (Read 112095 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: GLEN (79COYTOTE) WAS IN AN ACCIDENT!
« Reply #120 on: Oct 01, 2007, 05:47:44 AM »
i only had liability  :down: but  it was her fault  so  i would think her insurance  would pay for my truck right
It does not matter what insurance you have, it is her fault. Get her info ASAP and get that ball rolling. Did you get the police report yet?
Not only does she have to pay for you truck, which at face value is not worth all that much to the insurance companies but all your specialty parts.
DO NOT LET THEM TAKE YOUR TRUCK!
And talk to you lawyer TODAY! You truck was more then just a truck, not to mention you lost your dog because of this. You have got to be able to get more then just minimum compensation for all this.
AND the hospital released you without even checking to see if there was anything in your head. (of course we already knew the answer to that one ...  :aaa:  )

Be aggressive, you were totally wronged on this. You deserve anything that is due you.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

CTENG in KS

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #121 on: Oct 01, 2007, 06:20:45 AM »
there ya go glen,  thats the one i posted in the shoutbox earlier today..... take up donations an buy it for glen.....  get him back on the trails.. after he heals of course

Shouldn't need donations...her insurance oughta be picking up the tab for this one.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Oct 01, 2007, 06:26:49 AM »
Shouldn't need donations...her insurance oughta be picking up the tab for this one.

:yesnod: and then some.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

baldwookie

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 43
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Feb '06
  • one of these days ill be big like u guys/gals
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #123 on: Oct 01, 2007, 07:11:41 AM »
insurance companies are crooked, they wont replace glen's truck.. they might give him compensation, but it will be a long an drawn out process... probaly have to get a lawyer to sue the insurance company to get anything out of this.when cat wrecked the new car i bought her, insurance company wouldnt even pay it off, full coverage on a brand new car..... had to get a lawyer to sure the insurance company, they didnt even want to pay for the doc bills etc...
1980 lwb sr5  stock

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: Oct 01, 2007, 07:32:25 AM »
insurance companies are crooked, they wont replace glen's truck.. they might give him compensation, but it will be a long an drawn out process... probaly have to get a lawyer to sue the insurance company to get anything out of this.when cat wrecked the new car i bought her, insurance company wouldnt even pay it off, full coverage on a brand new car..... had to get a lawyer to sure the insurance company, they didnt even want to pay for the doc bills etc...

Glen already has a lawyer, that's why I suggested he talk to him ASAP about this as well. Don't even bother talking to the insurance company first to find out what they will do for you.
They are going to look at his truck and dismiss it as a POS and give him nothing for it.

Where is the Mammoth?

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Oct 01, 2007, 07:55:52 AM »
I was fortunate, if that can be used in reference to an accident, the woman that totaled my old truck was insured with USAA. Even they tried to...gain the bast position on the (de)valuation of my truck. I didn't use a lawyer...I made it clear to them that I felt if we could avoid litigation it would be best for all involved, but I would not hesitate to escalate my recovery efforts. I pointed out that it would cost them at least 50k to defend their position and I wasn't seeking to retire off the proceeds. I think the most salient point I made was...through no fault of my own, my situation had changed. I shouldn't suffer any more inconvenience than I already had in order to set things right. I had no receipts for my truck (an 88 Runner) and I still got a check for 48k. I was off work for a week, my insurance covered the medical (HMO).
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: Oct 01, 2007, 08:00:56 AM »
Any advice Glen could get as to how other people in similar situations took care of business would certainly be helpful.

Where is the Mammoth?

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Oct 01, 2007, 08:06:28 AM »
MAN oh man, Glen!  This whole thing just makes me sick to my stomach for you.  I'm so glad that you weren't badly injured though.  And soooooo sorry about Nitro and your truck!  Unbelievable!  :therethere:

I'll be prayin for you that this situation has the good ending that you deserve!!  :smooch:
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

BikerTrash

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 207
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Oct 01, 2007, 08:45:05 AM »
It was meant to lighten up the mood alittle. But, you are right, a person should not profit from something like this. I was talking with a guy at my job that used to live in CA, and he says people profit off of stuff like this all the time. For example, he told me of a robber that broke into a house and fell down some stairs, and broke his leg. The guy sued the home owner and won. I don't know if it was the truth or not, but it goes to show that some people out there try to profit off of accidents like this just to get money.

Yes, but there is a world of difference between a stupid lawsuit liek that, and something like this where Glen is seriously F-ed up from someones Negligence. in a situation like this I believe the Victim (glen) should be taken care of.
There is a fine line between clever and stupid, I just wish I knew when I crossed it.

84 4runner
02 Suzuki V-Strom
95 Honda 1100C1
06 Ram 2500 4x4
(please note, listed in order of preference)

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #129 on: Oct 01, 2007, 09:47:46 AM »
with the last wreck i was in (86.5 nissan pickup), truck totalled, no injury, accessories on the truck, and i was not at fault. her insurance company called me a few days after the accident (my insurance company covered the rental car up front but they got their money back) and sent an appraiser to check out my truck (it was at the police impound). guy looked the truck over, (i was there), made sure he noted the accessories on it. bumpers, headache rack, custom tool box/2nd fuel tank, aftermarket sterio, intake/exhaust upgrades, etc. i did not have receipts for these parts because most of them were made by me (exception being the 2nd fuel tank/tool box, it came with the truck). i looked up the value of my truck for poor, average, above average (where it was at), and excellent condition. top value was 5,000, shape of mine was 4,400. insurance guy called me 2 days later and asked me to come in. sat down, talked about the accident and the truck (i got lucky he liked my truck) and was offered 5,000 for it, plus my rental car fee's (no medical fee's to worry about).
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #130 on: Oct 01, 2007, 10:05:08 AM »
i just talked to my insurance people,(state farm)   he said "we are on her like white on rice"

and he said my agent  said  my truck was  "special" in some way and asked about it,  i explained to him  that not only my truck had many special custom parts  but that it was the 1543'rd toyota 4x4  to come to the usa
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Oct 01, 2007, 10:07:18 AM »
i looked best i could,  tranny shifter mechanism might be damaged but the tcases appear to be ok

cab is badly deformed, so  no chance of re using that,  and  the  steering column  broke  somewhere,  the wheel just spins around
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Oct 01, 2007, 10:07:44 AM »
i just talked to my insurance people,(state farm)   he said "we are on her like white on rice"

and he said my agent  said  my truck was  "special" in some way and asked about it,  i explained to him  that not only my truck had many special custom parts  but that it was the 1543'rd toyota 4x4  to come to the usa

it should be regarded as a classic or antique, sounds like your insurance company is doing right by you. Cool, make sure they stay on it.
Did you go to the dr.?

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Oct 01, 2007, 10:11:13 AM »
it should be regarded as a classic or antique, sounds like your insurance company is doing right by you. Cool, make sure they stay on it.
Did you go to the dr.?
no i have a appointment for thursday

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #135 on: Oct 01, 2007, 01:56:39 PM »
glen i saw a 1st gen for sale down in Mason Texas when i passed through there 2 weeks ago (it was setup as a hunting rig), body looked straight.
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: Oct 01, 2007, 03:48:57 PM »
if all goes well i hope to find  a cab and good frame  and use all my  good parts  to rebuild it

dont know if i could ever make another bumper like that one :headshake:

RK

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 757
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Me, crazy?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: Oct 01, 2007, 04:06:11 PM »
Dang......Glen..........Hope youre doing better. Sorry to hear bout Nitro, and your rig. Please.........take the lady to the cleaners.

We here for ya bud.
Max
Black Hole Racing - 84 Jackalope/79 Devil Bunny/87 Golf - Service rig: 2012 Ram 3500

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: Oct 01, 2007, 04:20:22 PM »
if all goes well i hope to find a cab and good frame  and use all my  good parts  to rebuild it

dont know if i could ever make another bumper like that one :headshake:

Time out here,

It should not be your responseability to find and reassemble a truck from parts.

You need to come to some sort of settlement figure and then proceed from there.

I know you want your old truck back, but the fact is it will never be the same.

SO, you might take this opportunity too start with a whole truck and go from there.

First priority is to find somethine that runs and drives without doing anything but turning a key.

Then you can build on it from there.

Remmember your time is worth a lot and it is not your problem to fix this for her or her insurance co.
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #139 on: Oct 01, 2007, 04:22:11 PM »
 :imwithstupid:
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: Oct 01, 2007, 04:30:34 PM »
No doubt! :pokinit: happens that no one plans on, but you are in no condition in the first place to rebuild an entire truck from scratch and you could come out ahead with something much more reliable in the second place not to mention with some creature comforts like AC.

Where is the Mammoth?

Willy Mammoth

• Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: Oct 01, 2007, 04:37:10 PM »
I for one would rather donate to a newer project like an 84-85 maybe even an extra cab. Then put the bolt-on parts on it and go. Wouldn't that be much better?

I am sure there are plenty of people that have parts they would be willing to donate to help get you back out on the trail.

Don't waste your time trying to make things like they were and just move on.

:thumbs:

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: Oct 01, 2007, 04:51:41 PM »
:down:   good points i guess  :down:

Willy Mammoth

• Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: Oct 01, 2007, 04:56:23 PM »
:down:   good points i guess  :down:

That's what we are here for, to help you think straight.  :therethere:

You can't think that if the Mammoth was ever totaled I would build it back up the same or even build another one. I would just move on to something else.

insane04

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 390
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: Oct 01, 2007, 05:03:22 PM »
ya glen listen to mammoth

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: Oct 01, 2007, 05:07:58 PM »
nothing stays the same, don't dwell on what was, look forward and get all you can from this terrible tragedy.

Where is the Mammoth?

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,756
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: Oct 01, 2007, 06:00:58 PM »
If somebody totalled my first gen, I'd find and build another first gen, cept I'd go for a shortbed this time  :yesnod:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: Oct 01, 2007, 06:07:50 PM »
before i make plans of anything  lets  see what happens  in the days to come

SWAMPER

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 790
  • Male Posts: 3,599
  • Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: Oct 01, 2007, 10:26:23 PM »
hey maybe you end up with an 08 trd tundra out of this mess :yupyup:
1985 Toyota Pick/Up longbed...bobbed 15",  lifted 5", 36's.....http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=36992.0

Bettyboop

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: Oct 01, 2007, 10:36:52 PM »
glad to hear you are doing better  :ladys-man: the truck can be fixed but replacing you would be the hardest  :love: so lets thank god you are still here and we can worry about the truck later  get well soon  :therethere: