Author Topic: Flat Nasty and River Tubing June 21-June 24  (Read 30456 times)

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
Flat Nasty and River Tubing June 21-June 24
« on: Feb 12, 2007, 01:02:02 PM »
Where: Flat Nasty www.flatnasty.net
When: June 21-June 24 (Thursday - Sunday or any variation of those days)
Why: If you don't know why you are :gay:

Click here to see Video
Click here to see Video

I thought about the cabin situation and I don't really care. I really like to camp and burn stuff so camping is fine with me.  On the other hand that Cabin would be awful nice too. With the cabin I would not need to buy ice, pack any cooking equipment, tent, buy a canopy from wal-mart then return it, bring a couch, or sleeping stuff since the whole cabin is furnished. The cabin fits 8 people for around 100 bucks a night so that equals 12.50$ per night, a pretty darn good deal to me.

I will summarize what I know about the park in hopes of getting some of you deadbeats to actually come this time  ::)

1: The park is absolutely wicked to wheel. There are rocks everywhere and lots of hill climbs. The place is perfect for Toyotas since you can crawl just about anything. There is hardly any mud for you girls that don't like to get dirty. There are trails ranging from easy to "you better be prepared cuz your rig is gonna roll or bust if you try this one." I would think it would take 4 full days to see everything the park has to offer. There is a ton of stuff to do and see.

2: If you have a handheld GPS there is a waypoint treasure hunt. There are 50$ bills hidden throughout the park that are yours for the taking if you have a GPS. You are given coordinates or clues and you can go find the money.

3.Get It Billy: There are 3000+$ worth of cash and prizes if you can make this trail. (Good effin Luck  :laugh:)

4.Night wheeling is wild! The park owner loves to wheel at night.

5.When you come to Flat Nasty you are treated like a personal friend by the owners. They come down and check on you and chat about whatever. Ron and his buddy Parker came down and drank beer around the campfire with us and that was cool. He is an EX-Prorock crawler from the moon buggy class whatever the heck that is called and he has a lot of intersting stuff to say. He is also a Toyota guy like all of us. He has a ton of parts trucks on site if you break and need parts in addition to a fleet of very sweet rigs ranging from Landcruisers to 4runners to buggies to Military trucks. The park owners are genuine people that really roll out the red carpet for you.

6.Flat Nasty is located across the highway from some scenic ozark river than has canoe and tube rental. From what I hear it is like spring break all summer and a constant party. I plan on floating down the river with a case of beer and a case of beads. The tube and canoe rental has a shuttle bus that picks up four wheelers from Flat Nasty and drops them off making it very convenient.

7. When you are at Flat Nasty you can do whatever you want other than runover Ron's trees. I think you could detonate a small nuclear device in the campground and as long as the trails weren't damaged and Ron wouldn't care. He is super laid back, as long as you respect his property,  you can pretty much roam freely and do as you wish without people telling you to settle down.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 10:26:39 AM by alwayzbroken »
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
Re: Flat Nasty and River Tubing June 28-July 1
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2007, 02:19:29 PM »
In june or july camping would be just fine, besides that means burning more furnature! :woohoo:  If we get to dirty we could go down the road and jump in the river. :drunk: If I get the new job I'm planning on there won't be any guarntees on time off work. I hope to make it! :crossed:
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

alwayzbroken [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2007, 04:39:56 PM »
In june or july camping would be just fine, besides that means burning more furnature! :woohoo:  If we get to dirty we could go down the road and jump in the river. :drunk: If I get the new job I'm planning on there won't be any guarntees on time off work. I hope to make it! :crossed:

You better be there! :dunno: It would probably be worth it in fuel to stay in the cabin and not have to haul my 1000#s of camping gear. Somebody else better donate some furniture to the cause also. I am running low.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2007, 04:49:23 PM »
Somebody else better donate some furniture to the cause also. I am running low.
:headshake:

I'll plan on being there......the cabin would be cool...

I might be on a family vacation not sure yet
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

alwayzbroken [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2007, 05:14:21 PM »
You peolple are gonna be getting packages full of  :pokinit: in the mail if I have to go down there and camp by myself.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2007, 05:19:17 PM »
You peolple are gonna be getting packages full of  :pokinit: in the mail if I have to go down there and camp by myself.
:rofl: good thing you dont know where i live!!!  :moon:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2007, 05:44:54 PM »
 :rofl2:

my favorite places:

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

alwayzbroken [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2007, 06:43:48 PM »
:rofl: good thing you dont know where i live!!!  :moon:

Don't think I can't find you! I have the Toyota member list jackass

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2007, 06:49:05 PM »
  :smack:
RIP KYOTA

Yota1

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 85
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Got Mud?
    • View Profile
    • Muddog4x4
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2007, 07:27:46 PM »
Sounds like fun  :bananabeer: I want to go. :driving:
AR-TTORA Web Master   www.ar-ttora.com

A wise monkey never monkie's with another monkey's monkey

When in doubt Floor it.

alwayzbroken [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Feb 12, 2007, 07:43:44 PM »
Sounds like fun  :bananabeer: I want to go. :driving:

Great! The more the better.

Pictures from New Years
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=27730.120

jester_motorsports

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 29
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2007, 06:14:34 AM »

OOPS!   Sorry about that Collier.   :D
Josh

99 Tacoma, Xcab, 4x4, TRD, V6, auto

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 2007, 07:01:12 PM »
:rofl:  he has the "LIST"  :rofl:

can we play  pin  the  darts  on the DTB   :dunno:

ok  i could maybe drive up to Gittinits,  stay the night  then leave with him the next morning  :dunno:

but be warned  its gotta be 60*  for me to sleep comfortably
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

jester_motorsports

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 29
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Feb 13, 2007, 09:18:06 PM »
:rofl:  he has the "LIST"  :rofl:

can we play  pin  the  darts  on the DTB   :dunno:

ok  i could maybe drive up to Gittinits,  stay the night  then leave with him the next morning  :dunno:

You'd be lucky to see 60 degrees that time of year.  It'll be closer to 90.
Josh

99 Tacoma, Xcab, 4x4, TRD, V6, auto

Yota1

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 85
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Got Mud?
    • View Profile
    • Muddog4x4
« Reply #14 on: Feb 14, 2007, 07:36:43 PM »
 :haha: 60* I have a huge ice chest we can put him in :wink2:
AR-TTORA Web Master   www.ar-ttora.com

A wise monkey never monkie's with another monkey's monkey

When in doubt Floor it.

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Feb 15, 2007, 06:42:35 AM »

:yesnod:

my favorite places:

eazy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -6
  • Male Posts: 104
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #16 on: Feb 15, 2007, 07:52:33 AM »
 i don't know if i'll be able to make this trip either my son's first b-day is july 1st and another thing ,COLE be realy careful with any thing on the river there are more cops than you can shake a stick at and they WILL bust you for ANYTHING ,drnking,peeing,throwing things (like beads beer cans trash ect.)in the water just be careful. i'd realy love to finaly get my rig out there and maybe go canoeing too  but like i said i've got priorities but if something happens and she gets him for his b-day then i'm there

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Feb 15, 2007, 08:02:59 AM »
You'd be lucky to see 60 degrees that time of year.  It'll be closer to 90.

do these cabins have A/C :dunno:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

eazy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -6
  • Male Posts: 104
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #18 on: Feb 15, 2007, 08:49:19 AM »
there is only one cabin it is actually a small house that came with the property and i'm pretty sure they said it was a/c the only thing you need are clothes/food every thing else is provided silver ware,dishes dish soap,washer/dryer/detergent,i think they said it even has dishwasher. it is actually a steal for even two guys there are two b/r w/queendeds so for $50each better than a hotel and it's right IN the park   

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Feb 15, 2007, 01:47:18 PM »
i don't know if i'll be able to make this trip either my son's first b-day is july 1st and another thing ,COLE be realy careful with any thing on the river there are more cops than you can shake a stick at and they WILL bust you for ANYTHING ,drnking,peeing,throwing things (like beads beer cans trash ect.)in the water just be careful. i'd realy love to finaly get my rig out there and maybe go canoeing too  but like i said i've got priorities but if something happens and she gets him for his b-day then i'm there
LAME! :cheese:
RIP KYOTA

alwayzbroken [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Feb 15, 2007, 03:00:54 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. Sitting in jail all drunk in a wet swimsuit 600 miles from home would be not be as fun as fourwheeling.

Eazy, I understand your dilemma, I hope you can make it work. I don't know if you can come down thursday, friday and saturday then go home on Sunday to spend it with your son.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Feb 15, 2007, 03:13:19 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. Sitting in jail all drunk in a wet swimsuit 600 miles from home would be not be as fun as fourwheeling.

Eazy, I understand your dilemma, I hope you can make it work. I don't know if you can come down thursday, friday and saturday then go home on Sunday to spend it with your son.
Yea, the MO river patrol is pretty hardcore man...they actually have billboards everywhere around that area for lawyers stating "trouble on the river??  Call Attorney so and so.." A good friend of mine got busted by two dudes with m16s and faces painted camo that popped out of the water and grabbed the side of the canoe......they had been following them for a mile watching them :smoke: ::) NOT COOL!!
RIP KYOTA

alwayzbroken [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Feb 15, 2007, 03:16:57 PM »
Yea, the MO river patrol is pretty hardcore man...they actually have billboards everywhere around that area for lawyers stating "trouble on the river??  Call Attorney so and so.." A good friend of mine got busted by two dudes with m16s and faces painted camo that popped out of the water and grabbed the side of the canoe......they had been following them for a mile watching them :smoke: ::) NOT COOL!!

Straight outta Rambo :laugh: Gotta love cops that use excessive firepower and extreme tactics when arresting somebody for a 200$ small ammount possesion ticket.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Feb 15, 2007, 04:58:13 PM »
hey  all you guys drop me a email,  i got my new puter from WillyMammoth  :woohoo:

Trail-runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -39
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Feb 27, 2007, 07:41:16 PM »
I gotta work :shake_head:

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Feb 28, 2007, 06:44:02 AM »
I gotta work :shake_head:

Call in sick. See there its as easy as that.

my favorite places:

alwayzbroken [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Feb 28, 2007, 08:30:13 AM »
Call in a bomb threat  :dunno:

OldSkool

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 61
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Play Nice. Understand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Mar 04, 2007, 05:03:14 PM »
  :thumbs: :thumbs:  I WILL BE ...... YES  :shhh:
TOYOTA POWER!   

alwayzbroken [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
Re: Flat Nasty and River Tubing June 21-June 24
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2007, 01:09:59 PM »
Is anybody interested in renting out the cabin?

Who is planning on coming down for this?

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
Re: Flat Nasty and River Tubing June 21-June 24
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2007, 05:02:28 PM »
Is anybody interested in renting out the cabin?

Who is planning on coming down for this?

What is the cost of that cabin again? I was considering it but camping would be good too, couse I figure 2 nights. I will be there for shure! I need to be back home for the fireworks show with the family though, even if I have to come home for the show then head back up to the park afterwards. IHow long are you gonna be down for and what dates Cole? I really need to put all the plans in there final stage and get the time off work.

my favorite places: