Author Topic: We'll Miss You Dean  (Read 93228 times)

megolfer

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -134
  • Male Posts: 438
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
Re: We'll Miss You Dean
« Reply #60 on: Sep 19, 2006, 11:08:28 PM »
Maybe we could get a deal going with marlin for her.  Perhaps a sticker saying something like "in loving memory of a fellow wheeler, and genuinly good person Travis "Dean" Tyler".  All the proceeds could go to a fund for Ladonna.  Dunno if it'd be too much work, but from the sounds of it many people would purchase them. 

I think that would be a great idea and could real;ly be a big help

SLOYOTA808

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -21
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Damn Kid Off Road
« Reply #61 on: Sep 19, 2006, 11:35:34 PM »
Our prayers to the family...from the DAMN KID OFF ROAD boys in Hawaii...Aloha...RIP Dean...

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Sep 19, 2006, 11:46:03 PM »
Maybe we could get a deal going with marlin for her.  Perhaps a sticker saying something like "in loving memory of a fellow wheeler, and genuinly good person Travis "Dean" Tyler".  All the proceeds could go to a fund for Ladonna.  Dunno if it'd be too much work, but from the sounds of it many people would purchase them. 

I have discussed this with nate, and I am waiting to hear back from a family member to make sure this would be acceptable/appropriate.  If it is, I have an online sticker place I can order stickers from.  :thumbs: 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Sep 20, 2006, 01:09:38 AM »
Blackdog, I've asked Bigmike to talk to Toni or Steven on what they think, or have the guys in the office (MC) to see what they think!  I haven't had a chance to talk to them personally!  My wife had been talking to them and it is really hard for her to talk without crying!  I hope you understand, I would love to say yes, but I don't want to step on toes by making a decision without their consent first!  I would plaster them all over my truck!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

dieselsmoke

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -40
  • Male Posts: 134
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Sep 20, 2006, 06:21:22 AM »
This is a sad day, although I did not know dean personally I got a pain in my heart when I read the news, My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, I lost my father earlier this month but that does not compare to the senseless act of another. I will include 50.00 for his family in my next order

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Sep 20, 2006, 08:05:30 AM »
Blackdog, I've asked Bigmike to talk to Toni or Steven on what they think, or have the guys in the office (MC) to see what they think!  I haven't had a chance to talk to them personally!  My wife had been talking to them and it is really hard for her to talk without crying!  I hope you understand, I would love to say yes, but I don't want to step on toes by making a decision without their consent first!  I would plaster them all over my truck!

Hey man, I understand completely.  If someone closer to the family wants to have them made, thats fine too.  I just saw a bunch of people offering to help, and figured this would be a good way to do it.  I wouldn't want this idea to cause anymore hurt, so please, talk to whoever you need to to see if it is alright

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

prang11

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 105
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Team White Truck
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Sep 20, 2006, 08:26:12 AM »
Wow, what a thing to see first thing on the board.   Dean was the guy who took my first order placed through MC.  Its very sad to hear he went out in such a terrible way.  May he rest in peace.
85 Toyota Pickup, with a sweet hurst shifter!

22R, 33s, 5.29, locked rear, 3" wider, slow.

dune_it86

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 323
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Toyfanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Sep 20, 2006, 08:59:08 AM »
well i didn't know dean, but it sounds like my loss not to have known him. it's always harder when the people who mean so much go long before there time. from the reactions of those who knew him makes my heart hurt to know another great person has pass. my prayers and any other help i can offer go to the famil and friend of dean.

donkeykong

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -159
  • Member since Jun '03
  • My truck and a nice trail...that's all I need
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Sep 20, 2006, 10:31:17 AM »
We have spoken to Ladonna's mother and to Deans parents about financail help,  THey want to express there deepest appreciation for all those that are thinking and willing to do so, but Dean and Ladonna had policies setup for this type of situation. So it will not be neccessary.

One thing that Toni(Ladonna's Mom) did mention is if you would like to help, send a card with a memory of dean and how he affected you to there house, that way when she is home recovering she can see the outpouring of love and have things to read.  Also include where you are from.  The address is below. Dont send flowers, atleast not till we know when she is getting home, I would hate to have people send a beautifull arrangement, only for it to wilt before she even got home.

2608 18th
Kingsburg, Ca 93631

« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2006, 07:22:09 PM by crazywb »

CruzrSandy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 12
  • Female Posts: 318
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Sep 20, 2006, 02:36:22 PM »
From what I know, there is not one bad thing anybody can say about Dean. He was everybody’s friend. I admire Dean for the unconditional love he had for his family and for all the lives he touched. Unfortunately, we do not see what an impact someone has on our lives until they are gone. I see life differently now and want to spend everyday of my life like it is the last, because you never know what is going to happen tomorrow. I will continue to pray for LaDonna's recovery.

Don't worry Dean...we'll take care of the squirrels for you! We miss you!
~Rest In Peace Dean~

CruzrSandy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 12
  • Female Posts: 318
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Sep 20, 2006, 02:43:51 PM »
~Rest In Peace Dean~

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Sep 20, 2006, 04:17:02 PM »
We have spoken to Ladonna's mother and to Deans parents about financail help,  THey want to express there deepest appreciation for all those that are thinking and willing to do so, but Dean and Ladonna had policies setup for this type of situation. So it will not be neccessary.

One thing that Toni(Ladonna's Mom) did mention is if you would like to help, send a card with a memory of dean and how he affected you to there house, that way when she is home recovering she can see the outpouring of love and have things to read.  Also include where you are from.  The address is below. Dont send flowers, atleast not till we know when she is getting home, I would hate to have people send a beautifull arrangement, only for it to wilt before she even got home.

2608 18th
Kingsburg, Ca 93631

:thumbs: thanks dude, I'll definitely be sending a card her way.  Thank you for keeping us updated, and let us know if there is anything else we can do
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2006, 07:22:57 PM by crazywb »

-Ronald Reagan

RAZOR

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 143
  • Member since Oct '05
  • It's all about the LongFields
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Sep 20, 2006, 08:03:15 PM »
 :inthedark: :usa: My thoughts and wishes are with you Dean, R.I.P.  :shake_head:  :shakehead:
Finally Straight Axled, e-Locker, 5.29's, Lockright Rear, 13" travel tractor spline driveshaft, CV eliminator, Fully Gusseted front axle, Marlins almighty 5" Trail Flex lift Kit, 36" TSL's

In Marlin Crawler, I trust.
If you got the Nuts, Follow my Ruts!
Lift It, Fat Chicks Can't Jump!
Motocross, Because it Requires 2!

mudaddict

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -82
  • Male Posts: 1,829
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
    • All Pro Off Road
« Reply #73 on: Sep 20, 2006, 09:25:12 PM »
wow this is def a low blow! i get on the board and first thing i see was this. dean helped me alot last year when i called and ordered all my stuff from marlin we talked countless times over the phone and on the board about what all i got and what all i am missing and he was very nice and helpfull and made sure i had everything and he through in some extra goodies with my whole order! i am saddened by this it is a shame that things like this can happen to such good people he will be remembered in my heart and i hope his wife is doing ok and will recover! i really like that stciker idea blackdog did come up with and would be willing to run them on both my cars! i will be sending a card to his wife to tell her what a great husband she had! it saddens me about that baby that is terrible but it is nice she decided on a name and to lay him to rest with dean!

R.I.P. Dean aka 4thwknd you will always be remembered!!!
98 Taco- Super charged, sas'd, bobbed, locked,taco boxed with 39's
Taco Build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88901.0

I work At
All Pro Off Road

theyotakid

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Male Posts: 3
  • Member since Jun '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Sep 20, 2006, 09:50:41 PM »
I think we should so a rubicon run to remember deans best moments

Marlin

• Inspirational Genius
  • Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 856
  • Member since Sep '02
  • MCł = 1,148:1
    • View Profile
    • Marlin Crawler
« Reply #75 on: Sep 20, 2006, 10:39:35 PM »
I would also be interested in a memorial run.
I know he enjoyed the Dusy Ershin trail as well.

Marlin
1980 Toyota - 1997 3RZ-FE 2.7l Engine, Turbo R151F 4.31:1, Triple Turbo Marlin Crawler Billet (2.28x4.70x4.70) = 1,148:1 Crawl Ratio, Marlin Crawler Twin Stick and Short Throw Shift Kits, 30mm H/D Output Shaft, High Angle Drive Lines, 5.29:1, ARBs, High Pinion Front, 25mm HD Billet High Steer Kit, 6 Pin Locking Hub Bodies, 86+ Wide Rear End, V6 3rd member, Chromolly Axles all around, 37" IROKs with Beadlocks, York onboard air - Rollbar air tank, Premier Power Welder, Marlin Crawler 4" USA-made Leaf Springs, Bilstein Shocks, et cetera....

mudrak

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Jun '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Sep 20, 2006, 11:20:24 PM »
WoW !Man I can not believe this. we just were talking 5am sun morning @mcr05 . Prayers to Ladonna and the rest of the Family .  Dean we will all miss you. You will always be a yota God . You are the second one That I am honored to have known. Butch Lewis and you were both cut from the same cloth.
Gary

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #77 on: Sep 21, 2006, 12:40:29 AM »
  I would plaster them all over my truck!

I would too.  I understand that they don't need the financial help, but is there any way we can still do the stickers in his honor and donate the money to another good cause? Such as his church? Favorite wheeling club? Favorite chairity?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Sep 21, 2006, 01:20:37 AM »
My wife talked to Toni (her Mom) tonight, and she is getting better.  More back to her old self!  Toni asked if there was anything that she could do for her, Ladawna replied, "Go clean my house for me!"  Well, if ya know Ladawna, she likes things clean!  As for the memorial service, the date has been set for the 30th!  Time and place will be figured out later!

I pm'd Bigmike about the stickers and he's going to talk to the guys at the shop!  And maybe use the $ to go towards something nice that can be given to the family in memory of Dean! 
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2006, 07:14:31 PM by BigMike »
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Sep 21, 2006, 01:27:36 AM »
Daniel Scott Tyler, the first born son of Travis "Dean" Tyler will be buried with his father. 
This line brought me to tears...I can't imagine how horrible this must be.Thanx for the updates donkeykong.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Sep 21, 2006, 01:38:11 AM »
I pm'd Bigmike about the stickers and he's going to talk to the guys at the shop!  And maybe use the $ to go towards something nice that can be given to the family in memory of Dean! 

Definately keep us updated on the stickers.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Sep 21, 2006, 06:58:35 AM »
Can someone who knows for sure confirm the spelling of Dean's wife's name?  I've seen it spelled many different ways so far but the people closest to the family all seem to spell it LaDawna.  I just want to make sure I spell her name right on the card.

Brian and I didn't have the pleasure of ever meeting Dean in person but I recall seeing him around the board.  It's such a tragedy and we will definitely be sending a card to LaDawna.  God bless that woman with the strength to deal with all of this.  I don't know that I could.  I'm so glad to hear that she's getting better.  I just wish I lived closer....I would go clean her house all day long!

A memorial run in Dean's honor sounds like an AWESOME way to pay tribute to him.  Maybe even make the "Dean Tyler Memorial Run" an annual event!  Thanks to everyone for posting pictures of Dean doing what he loved best.  What a great way to remember him.
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

BlueRubi

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 14
  • Male Posts: 17
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Sep 21, 2006, 08:53:47 AM »
LaDawna Tyler
05 Rubicon - 3.5" RE shortarm - 35" TA's - JetChip - Banks Header and catback - Poison Spyder armor

donkeykong

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -159
  • Member since Jun '03
  • My truck and a nice trail...that's all I need
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Sep 21, 2006, 11:21:17 AM »
She is eating Food.  The doctor gave her the go ahead on solid food, so we should be seeing a jump in here strenght now that she can have more than just the drip and jello.  They tried to get her to walk but could not put weight on one of her ankles so they are going for xrays to see if it is broken or just sprained.  Besides that she is doing well and recovering.

The family is doing good, now that she is doing better everyone is starting to relax and spirits are up a little.  We were there late last night and we were all sharing stories and remebering all the crazy stuff Dean would always be doing.  The family was laughing and smiling for the first time since sunday.

I have done my best to make sure everything I posted was correct and accurate, the one thing I overlooked was spelling, I believe I spelled LaDawna's name 3 diffrent ways.  But I cant spell worth beans and am glad my wife's name is Molly...very simple to spell or I would probably get it wrong to.  So I apologize for that.
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2006, 11:28:24 AM by donkeykong »

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #84 on: Sep 21, 2006, 11:29:07 AM »
Thank you for the update
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

UNBREAKABLE

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Male Posts: 2,028
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a RockStar
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Sep 21, 2006, 01:36:49 PM »
I just saw this...this is tragic. I always talked to him on my parts.
That's how I roll

mudaddict

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -82
  • Male Posts: 1,829
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
    • All Pro Off Road
« Reply #86 on: Sep 21, 2006, 01:52:03 PM »
that is good to hear she is doing better and at least eating food and trying to walk! thanks for the updates keep em coming!
98 Taco- Super charged, sas'd, bobbed, locked,taco boxed with 39's
Taco Build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88901.0

I work At
All Pro Off Road

Shoyrtt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,294
  • Member since Feb '05
  • VH Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Sep 21, 2006, 02:46:50 PM »
I never had the chance to actually meet Dean in person, although I really enjoyed talking to him on the phone. :phone: :sad2: After reading this, I called my wife to make sure my life insurance policies are in order. You just never know when your time is up. :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: My condolences to his wife and family.

Jim
JOIN THE BLUE RIBBON COALITION!

http://www.sharetrails.org/

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Sep 21, 2006, 03:04:45 PM »
Glad to hear LaDawna is doing better :woohoo:  That is great news!!

Cheesmaker, let me know if you need me to have them made, or if the guys in the shop want to make them :thumbs:  I'd really like to contribute something, no matter how small.  Just being able to put a sticker on my rig to honor Dean would be an honor in itself.

-Ronald Reagan

KWP

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 878
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Ghost Hunter
    • View Profile
    • East Central Oklahoma Paranormal Society
« Reply #89 on: Sep 21, 2006, 03:29:54 PM »
 :down: This is terrible news. I hate like hell to hear about this. I didn't the man or his family other than his posts on the board but my thoughts and prayers go out to them.
88 Toyota truck ( Under Construction ) Dana 60's front and rear 5.38's, welded diffs, 3inch Downey rears up front,one link rear with aerostar coils rolling on 39.5x16.50/17 Pittbull Rockers and 17x9 Pro Comp extreme alloys.http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=40816.0