Author Topic: 1988 toyota 4runner tacoma swapped  (Read 4378 times)

95xtracab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
1988 toyota 4runner tacoma swapped
« on: Feb 09, 2019, 05:07:38 AM »
Please read the entire write up. No trades. No trades. Asking price $12,900. Don’t like the price please don’t comment just move along. You couldn’t build it for that. I have over 18k in the build of this 4runner. Sorry cash only. No payments.
For sale is my rust free 1988 Toyota 4Runner Sr5 From California. 4runner is now located in Anderson South Carolina.
It has the following options:
Power windows
Power locks
Sunroof with sunshade
All original top plastics
Rear window works
Everything in the list below is from a 2001 Tacoma with 41,xxx miles that we installed in the 4runner. 4runner now has about 45,xxx miles.
-3.4 v6 engine, the timing belt was changed out.
-we used a 1 inch body lift to clear the engine and transmission tunnel.
-5 speed manual transmission from the Tacoma(top shift transfer case was used with marlin crawler adapter and the cross member was re fabricated to support the transmission.)
The firewall from the Tacoma was cut out and welded in the 4runner to retain the heat and ac components.
Complete dash and wiring harness from the Tacoma was installed in the 4runner with the original mounting tabs from the Tacoma. The speedometer tachometer clock radio/cd player all work just as if it were in the Tacoma. The ac lines are not hooked up.
The front seats and center console were also used using the mounts from the Tacoma.
While the carpet and seats were out we added full dynomat from the firewall to the rear seats.
Also had to get a custom driveshaft made for the new transmission to rear diff length.
Has brand new bf Goodrich 31x10.50 on 15x10 aluminum bullethole wheels.
Restored the old school smittybuilt front and rear bumpers. There is more that I’m forgetting. No lowball offers and only offers in person will be considered.
I was stationed up in Northern California and got transferred to San Diego the job I have now is different and the 4runner just sat in the garage. I shipped the 4runner to my parents house in Anderson South Carolina. But I’ve come to the realization it will be awhile before I end up back there, if I ever do. So I’m gonna sell the 4runner. My dad drives it around every other week or so. Please text me 808428 7two91 if you are interested. Or private message me.

CANT POST PICS SAYS THE FILE IS TO LARGE
Heres my ad on craigslist
https://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/d/anderson-1988-toyota-4runner-tacoma-swap/6815163882.html

petescoffee

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 46
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: 1988 toyota 4runner tacoma swapped
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2019, 03:31:22 PM »
Where you in California when you did the swap?
Did it get Referred? Smog Legal?

Who did the work?

Still IFS?

Thanks
Dave

pattephip

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Jan '22
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: 1988 toyota 4runner tacoma swapped
« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2022, 07:50:11 AM »
Did you manage to sell it? I would really like to take a look at it if you still haven’t. But I don’t believe you could not find a buyer for such a nice car for so long.
I have been dreaming of this car since I was a kid and a teenager, and I still do today. It looks super nice, and I would just drive it to work without any particular need for an off-road car. It would be super cool if someone let me drive it for some time, so I feel how it is. 
Now I own an old Volvo wagon, and I love this car too. I did cool tuning, and now it’s the coolest Volvo in the town with snapshades.com.au on all the windows.
« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2022, 07:02:03 PM by pattephip »