mcmechan

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Dec '18
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
a650e
« on: Dec 01, 2018, 03:38:58 PM »
I have a 98 1uzfe that i am installing in a 96 t100. anyone know if there is an adapter out there that will let me keep my lexus transmission and mate it to the t100 transfer case?

R.DesJardin

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 680
  • Male Posts: 489
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
    • RADesigns Products LLC
Re: a650e
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2018, 06:41:55 AM »
What trans is in it now? A340f? I would see if you can swap bell housings and keep the A340. The A340f was behind many different engines and the bell housings can swapped easily. The converter bolt pattern may not be the same but sometimes that is just a swap also.
R.DesJardin
"If I didn't live in the middle of nowhere!"

2RZ-A340F-Duals-locked FR/RR-IROK's

LittleSteve

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 170
  • Male Posts: 943
  • Member since Jan '14
  • What is this Toyota you speak of?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2018, 02:29:25 PM »
The tail housing bolt pattern, spline count and shaft size are completely different on the output of the a650e. The a650e is plated to handle 350 horsepower and is a much nicer transmission to drive however. Mr DesJardin has a new shifter that would work well with it allowing you to use the switched first gear selection. There are several possibilities to make it work all of which are custom. I came to the conclusion that the easiest way as i was determined to use the a 650e) was to use a divorced atlas of some description. Then having done weeks of research decided LS, domestic tranny with an atlas bolted to the former was the easiest most sensible way to go.

Edit:
the A650E and the A750E are not alike in any way.. the overdrive one way clutch is external to the main casing in the tail shaft housing whereas the a 750e is internal iirc
LittleSteve: Holding up traffic and giving dubious advice since 2014.

1/5th of Perfect Fit. The awkward foreigner no one understands.

Refusing to fit in or comply.

Easy is not worth anything.

Show me a home where the UZ's roam.

R.DesJardin

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 680
  • Male Posts: 489
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
    • RADesigns Products LLC
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2018, 05:16:43 PM »
The tail housing bolt pattern, spline count and shaft size are completely different on the output of the a650e. The a650e is plated to handle 350 horsepower and is a much nicer transmission to drive however. Mr DesJardin has a new shifter that would work well with it allowing you to use the switched first gear selection. There are several possibilities to make it work all of which are custom. I came to the conclusion that the easiest way as i was determined to use the a 650e) was to use a divorced atlas of some description. Then having done weeks of research decided LS, domestic tranny with an atlas bolted to the former was the easiest most sensible way to go.

Edit:
the A650E and the A750E are not alike in any way.. the overdrive one way clutch is external to the main casing in the tail shaft housing whereas the a 750e is internal iirc

I have seen a post of someone using it in a 4wd, probably Aussie. They come up with some pretty cool stuff. So do you think the bellhousings would swap?? I picked up a UZ A340 bell housing just in case I find a deal on one. DOHC baby!   :greengrin:
R.DesJardin
"If I didn't live in the middle of nowhere!"

2RZ-A340F-Duals-locked FR/RR-IROK's

LittleSteve

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 170
  • Male Posts: 943
  • Member since Jan '14
  • What is this Toyota you speak of?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2018, 12:35:10 AM »
I have seen a post of someone using it in a 4wd, probably Aussie. They come up with some pretty cool stuff. So do you think the bellhousings would swap?? I picked up a UZ A340 bell housing just in case I find a deal on one. DOHC baby!   :greengrin:
The bellhousings are identical iirc but i know the inputs and pumps are different in some of them.
I also seem to remember that there is an adapter in an Isuzu Vehicross thst will work between an a650e an vf1/2a but they only made like 3 vehicrosses so something akin to rockin horse sheet
If i get chance this weekend i will dig through the archive and take some pictures if the differences between various trans and post them.
LittleSteve: Holding up traffic and giving dubious advice since 2014.

1/5th of Perfect Fit. The awkward foreigner no one understands.

Refusing to fit in or comply.

Easy is not worth anything.

Show me a home where the UZ's roam.