Author Topic: Best Bed Liners?  (Read 992 times)

83 yoter

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 118
  • Member since Feb '15
  • improve a little more each day!
    • View Profile
Best Bed Liners?
« on: Feb 28, 2018, 06:00:19 PM »
So I am getting ready to repaint my '83 pickup and I'm currently squirrelling away cash for paint, materials and bedliner. After some phone calls I've settled on where I'll get my paint and what color to go with. I'm thinking about getting some Herculiner brush on bedliner to use on the bed and the new floor boards in the cab.  I searched but couldn't find any good threads on this. What would you guys say are some good bedliner options?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

redneckcustoms13

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 7674
  • Male Posts: 2,513
  • Member since May '15
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Best Bed Liners?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2018, 04:58:08 AM »
I have used herculiner twice. Within a year is turns into a faded mess and gets black/grey powder all over anything that comes into contact with it.
Scorpion liner is one of the best I've seen. A friend is a dealer for it and sprayed his entire tow rig with it and it's been there for over 5 years now still looking good.
83 long bed 2wd sas, 3rz, w56, duals with 4.7 rear, 4.88 elock front, spartan rear, 39.5 iroks
01 double cab hunting truck
06 tacoma street truck

Mac33

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 238
  • Member since Jul '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2018, 09:01:10 AM »
I've used monstaliner a few times, great stuff,

Tuff durable and easy to apply,  Applied it on a bed, and a box i built to hold surfboards that lived in the sun/rain,  never faded or chipped after 5 years

Only down side is it's super toxic when applying, I work in resins so i'm use to fumes but this stuff is nasty, make sure you wear a mask   

83 yoter [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 118
  • Member since Feb '15
  • improve a little more each day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2018, 09:25:30 AM »
It safe to say I probably won't be going with Herculiner hehe. Both the scorpion liner and monstaliner look interesting though and with good feedback. I'll be lining the interior and underside of the bed and the underside of the cab. While I'm at it I want to cover the wheel wells too. The mag chloride and salts they put on the roads here in northern idaho are absolutely devastating on rigs out here. I have a respirator I use now whenever I'm dealing with paint, powder coating, resins, etc. I'm at a point in my life where I just don't want to even take a chance at messing myself up.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk