Author Topic: 30th Annual Rubithon 2018  (Read 6749 times)

bad coco

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
30th Annual Rubithon 2018
« on: Sep 30, 2017, 06:38:13 PM »
Many people have asked me about the dates, so I will post this up here now. I will not have the registrations out until early January, but hope this will help people be able to plan their vacation.

The dates are set for June 19-24th. Now lets just pray we get the rain/snow we need, but not so much and late in the year we have to go through a date change fiasco again!
Eric Agee KJ6IZI
Retired Chairman for TLCA's Rubithon
Volunteer/Medic for WFTWofCA

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Annual Rubithon 2018
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2018, 08:00:25 PM »
Happy to announce on line registration is now open. This is a complete upgrade from prior year's registration so if you find any issues, please email me at chairman@rubithon.com or call me at 530-401-0800.

You can now pay directly on the site with a credit card or still can use PayPal or send in a check. Also, it works with Windows or Macs and can also be completed from you mobile devices.

I'll be posting on the other forums later today.

Here is the link:
https://rubithon.com/registration/
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2018, 09:51:41 PM »
The links and passwords for the Committee and Lead spots have gone out. If you did not receive on and should have, please email me at Chairman@rubithon.com
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2018, 01:14:49 PM »
Finally get to reveal this year's Rubithon event T-shirts.  This year we chose to honor and showcase Greg Leal's FJ40.  Greg is the only person to have never missed a Rubithon. 

Special thanks to Shannon Chard for again knocking our shirt design out of the park!

Just 2 more days to get your registrations in to be included in February’s extra grand prize ticket drawing!

The photo was to large for this forum but can be found on IHMud here:  https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/30th-annual-rubithon-2018.1012473/page-4#post-11514049

Or our Facebook page here:  https://www.facebook.com/281344212018423/photos/a.572092146276960.1073741838.281344212018423/1018113115008192/?type=3&theater
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2018, 08:58:30 AM »
The Wagon Run is now full!

The next closet option to that the FJC, GX470 run hosted by Mark Hawley of Metal Tech 4x4.   Does the same run, but leaves on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. 

Bonus…. Get more time on our beautiful trail!

Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2018, 08:59:01 AM »
Congrats to Ronald Lovato, our January winner for an extra grand prize ticket winner.  Also to Rod Daebelliehn for winning for the month of February.

Get those registrations in for your chance to win extra grand prize tickets!

Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2018, 06:17:31 PM »
Things are going well with Rubithon prep.  Just a reminder you only have 4 more days to get included in the drawing for an extra Grand Prize Raffle ticket for the month of March.

I have not been able to post them yet, but from the looks of the raffle donations received already, this is looking to be a banner year!

Safe wheelin!
Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2018, 05:47:55 PM »
Congrats to Bruce Shoff!  He is the winner for the extra Grand Prize Raffle Ticket for the month of March.

What are just a few of the items in that exclusive raffle you ask…

A Stihl chainsaw, a Powertank and a set of Toyo tires.

Now get your registrations in.  Here’s the link:  https://rubithon.com/registration/ 

You have 42 more days to get your registrations in before the $25 late fee starts, so get it done and get those Toyota’s ready for some great summer action at this year’s 30th Annual Rubithon!!!!!
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2018, 08:21:06 PM »
Trailsoffroad.com has a great write up about the Rubicon Trail with details about each obstacles and more.

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/1029-the-rubicon-trail
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 21, 2018, 06:29:26 PM »
We have received notice that after June 1st, the price for AirMedCare Network “AMCN”, formally CalStar, will be going up even for plan memberships.  The new price will be $65 for the entire household.  The price for those not a part of Rubithon’s Group will be going up to $85.

Please feel free to offer this application to your family and friends as well.

Another item that AMCN advised Rubithon of is that after this year’s event, they will not allow us to send in a check to cover all the participants that signed up for the event.  They have advised us that AMCN is now requiring each individual pay for themselves for the household coverage.  This means that we will have to change the way we offer registrations for next year, but no need to worry about that for now.

I am attaching the PDF that has the application to it.  If you have any issues, feel free to email me at chairman@rubithon.com and I can email you the PDF directly.

Thanks for your understanding,
Eric Agee
Rubithon Chairman
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 10:00:27 PM »
Congrats to Andrew Pollock!  He is the winner for the extra Grand Prize Raffle Ticket for the month of April.

Now get your registrations in.  Here’s the link:  https://rubithon.com/registration/ 

You have 12 more days to get your registrations in before the $25 late fee starts.  After that you shirts will be mailed after the event.  So get those registrations and get those Toyota’s ready for some great summer action at this year’s 30th Annual Rubithon!!!!!
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2018, 10:07:51 PM »
It is with regret that I have to inform that the Metal Tech 4x4 Run has had to be cancelled due to some unforeseen issues.  I’d like to thank Mark Hawley for being willing to put this together and hope that we can make it happen again in the future.

That being said, in true TLCA member fashion, one of the other runs, led by Steve Prior, has offered to take those people on to their run.  Steve, I know you are already doing a ton for the event, and I can’t thank you enough!

My apologies to the guys we had to move, but thank you for your graciousness and understanding in the change.

The good news is Mark is still sending out all the Rock Chef swag for this year’s Championship of Champions.  Thank you sir!

Remember 12 more days to avoid the late fee and having to have your shirts mailed to you.

Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 06:43:47 PM »
Just a reminder, you only have 5 more days to get your registrations in to avoid the $25 late registration fee and to have you shirts for you at the event.  Registrations must be received NLT May 14th

Weather is not going to be a factor this year.  People have already made it into the Springs and the Tahoe side is clearing nicely.  I will have a full report from the Tahoe side after Memorial Day.

Here is the link for registration:  https://rubithon.com/registration/

You can sign up after this and even at the event if need be, but you shirts will have to mailed after the event and late fees will not be waived.

Feel free to send me an email or give me a call with any questions.

Thanks and see everyone in just over a month from now!
Eric Agee
Rubithon Chairman
530-401-0800
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2018, 06:49:32 AM »
Today is your last chance to get your registration in for the 30th Annual Rubithon.  Registrations must be received before midnight!

You can sign up after this and even at the event if need be, but your shirts will be mailed after the event and late fees will not be waived.

Weather is not going to be a factor this year.  People have already made it into the Springs and the Tahoe side is clearing nicely.  I will have a full report from the Tahoe side after Memorial Day.

Eric Agee
Rubithon Chairman
530-401-0800
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2018, 10:50:16 PM »
Well my mistake is your gain.  The late fees will still begin on May 15th, but you can still get your shirts at the event as long as you are registered by May 20th.   

Again, you can still register after that, but your shirts will be mailed to you after the event.

My apologies for any confusion but enjoy the few extra days while still being able to score your shirts and hoodies at the event!

Eric Agee
Rubithon Chairman
530-401-0800
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2018, 10:36:30 AM »
Today is the last day to get your registrations in to have your shirts ready for you at the event.  After today, shirts and hoodies will be mailed after the event.

Thanks and see everyone in less than a month!

Eric Agee
Rubithon Chairman
530-401-0800
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jun 08, 2018, 09:51:31 AM »
Congrats to our June winner of an extra grand prize raffle ticket, Steven Pryor.  I don’t know how so many wagon guys won this year.  I think they may have stock in google random number generator!

See you guys in just over a week!
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jun 16, 2018, 02:02:41 PM »
The online registration for Rubithon is now closed.  You can still join us in the Springs and we will get you signed up there.   We have limited meals left, so don’t wait until Saturday if you need more food.  Also, you can get more shirts and other items, but they will be mailed out to you after the event.

Please do not send any more payments via credit card or PayPal.  Since I cannot see that in the Springs, I will need you to pay for it there.  If you do so, you will still need to pay for it, and I will refund your payment upon our return on June 25th.

When you arrive at the Springs, please come by the registration booth to get your items after setting up your camp.  If you are a renegade run, that is where we will have you sign the insurance forms (all people must sign!) and will pick up your shirts.   That is also where you will get your registration packets that have your meals, grand prize raffle tickets, kids raffle tickets, dash plaques, camping sticker and a special extra gift this year.

If you see someone in camp that does not have the camp sticker, please let us know.  We want to make sure all are signed up, and if not, make it right.  I depend on your help to make sure no one is taking advantage of our clubs other members.

Remember that we only accept cash and checks in the Springs.  Don’t count on using credit cards!

Please be patient with each other as we will have a lot of rigs on the trail.  That equates to potential for a lot of breakages.  If you do break, please do all that you can to clear the trail.   We have people that will help you, but don’t be THAT GUY!  Also, camping is going to be packed.  Remember that we are all here together, so be considerate of those around you.  We will be tight!

I will not be reachable other than ham radio after Monday night.  So don’t wait if you have a question.

Safe travels and remember to have a blast.  See you all in the Springs next week!
Eric
530-401-0800
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jun 26, 2018, 06:54:47 AM »
If you lost an Iphone on the trail, contact me with the unlock code and I will send it to you.  Found near Miller Lake.

Thanks,
Eric
530-401-0800
chairman@rubithon.com
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jun 29, 2018, 07:11:02 AM »
Hello all, back from Rubithon and the clean-up / wrap-up begins.  If you have any pictures you would like considered for the Toyota Trails article, please send to chairman@rubithon.com  preferably via dropbox if there are many.  I will need to receive them by July 10th to submit for the magazine.  Please include who took them and a small caption would be helpful.

If you have other pictures and would like them shared on Facebook please also send and just let me know, just for Facebook.

Additionally, I was able to get the T-shirt company to wait until Monday morning for our final order.  If you would like any additional T-shirts or hoodies, I will need an email from you to chairman@rubithon.com stating what you want.   Please send payment via PayPal to chairman@rubithon.com  I will not be accepting any orders after 8pm on Sunday.

The cost is as follows, all T-shirts are $20 and Hoodies are $40.  Shipping of less than 5 shirts or 2 hoodies is $10 and if more than that it is $15.

Thanks again to all the committee people that helped to make the event such a success and hope that all participants had a great time.  See you next year!

Eric Agee
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jul 05, 2018, 04:20:48 PM »
I was contacted by someone that helped one of the Rubithon participants, possibly named Pete.  He let one of you borrow a hi-lift jack.  If it was you please contact me at 530-401-0800 so we can see about getting his jack back to him. 

Below is from his email.  I am not posting his phone number here, but will share wtih you if you have his jack.   Lets get this back thi him ASAP please!

"I just spoke to you on the phone about the lost high lift. The guy was driving a green/ olive colored older land cruiser. He broke all the passenger side high steer arm studs coming down the hill before soup bowl on Friday, June 22nd probably around noon. I let him borrow my high lift and he said he was camping at Buck. I never found him. I was told his name was Pete but I don’t know for sure. My name is Zack Gallivan..."
Eric Agee KJ6IZI

bad coco [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Aug 01, 2018, 07:52:03 AM »
Just letting everyone that ordered shirts at the event or ordered them past the registration dead line.  All shirts and hoodies were shipped out on Monday.

If you do not receive yours and believe that you should have, please contact me by Wednesday of next week.  Fire season has been insane out here in CA, so if it take a bit to respond, please understand I'm not dodging you, I may be deployed.  You can email me at chairman@rubithon.com or call me at 530-401-0800.

I'd like to thank everyone for coming out and making this such a great year.  It's going to feel weird to not be doing all of the post event stuff next year as Richard Thompson will be the Chairman next year.  Thanks again for making the last 6 years so much fun!

Eric
Eric Agee KJ6IZI