Author Topic: Old new 4runner  (Read 1860 times)

Scottyboy

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jul '17
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Old new 4runner
« on: Jul 23, 2017, 08:50:38 PM »

Bought this beauty earlier Today, it's a 1997 4runner sr5, it's standard and does have the factory e locker!
It's got 345000 kilometres(I am Canadian) I got a great deal on it for 3000$. It's fully loaded, power everything and it still works after 20 years!

The only problem it has is the rear hatch won't stay shut, I did have some rope with me when I drove it home so I just tied it down, when I got home I looked into it a little further, I am very familiar with vehicle mechanics, just not super familiar with toyotas. I've read on other threads/forums that water can get in and fry the lock motor I think, but the rear window still works so that doesn't make sense. I've read about the actuater going? But I'm not really sure which it is, I could really use some help with this, I can post more pictures if needed. I just need some help to get to the root of this problem
Thanks again guys,
Scott

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
Re: Old new 4runner
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2019, 12:22:16 PM »
Scott, do you still own this?  Makes me really miss my 97 4Runner.  😕

I know my latch on my back hatch got rusted fast a couple times.  I just took WD40 and sprayed the crap out of it while working the handle and that always got it working again.  Not sure if that’s the same issue you were having or not. 
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod: