Author Topic: TRevv's TRunner  (Read 30963 times)

T-Revv

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 722
  • Male Posts: 278
  • Member since Apr '17
  • Crawlin at work, Crawlin on the trails. best life.
    • View Profile
Re: TRevv's TRunner
« Reply #30 on: Sep 27, 2017, 09:19:21 AM »
My new Marlin Crawler R150F with upgraded billet shift forks, chromoly thrust washer and chromoly bearing cover plate and short throw shifter being built to do my 5 speed swap. And man it looks good all done.  Cant wait to slap this behind my fresh built motor in the TRunner.
"I dunno I just woke up from a lil nap, it's a lil dark but you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it."

T-Revv [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '17
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sep 27, 2017, 10:19:57 AM »
And the engine parts start rolling in.  My Aisin parts (water pump and oil pump) the important stuff you don't cheap on, some Toyota seals for the stuff i never want to change again, and LCE multi-layered steel head gasket and ARP head studs.  Id take a pic of my Doug Thorly long tube headers, i dont want to unpack all of that yet.
"I dunno I just woke up from a lil nap, it's a lil dark but you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it."

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #32 on: Sep 27, 2017, 10:56:10 AM »
even though its a 3.0 I dig what youre doing. should be a bulletproof one. Snowtoy has some good tech on the 3.0
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

T-Revv [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '17
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sep 27, 2017, 02:18:24 PM »
even though its a 3.0 I dig what youre doing. should be a bulletproof one. Snowtoy has some good tech on the 3.0
Everyone puts down the 3.0 .  It really is a good motor.  They had a factory defect in the head gasket originally which they recalled.  And they wrapped the factory crossover pipe too close to the #6 cylinder.  If you fix those two things than its a solid motor.  It was one of the most sold engines of the most sold car company in the world. They didn't sell that many of something if it was complete crap.  It just has a bad name from those defects and most people who talk about them have never owned one. 

OVRAROK

• Online Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26739
  • Male Posts: 3,500
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sep 27, 2017, 02:54:25 PM »
My new Marlin Crawler R150F with upgraded billet shift forks, chromoly thrust washer and chromoly bearing cover plate and short throw shifter being built to do my 5 speed swap. And man it looks good all done.  Cant wait to slap this behind my fresh built motor in the TRunner.

I think I would want 2 of these, one for the truck, one, without the case, as a center piece for a coffee table
Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.

T-Revv [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '17
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Dec 20, 2017, 11:24:22 AM »
Hey guys sorry its been awhile.  The machine shop resurfacing my heads and decking the block took their sweet time.  But its going back together now. Block reassembled, heads on, t100 rear sump oil pan on.

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #36 on: Dec 20, 2017, 02:29:02 PM »
do the 3.4 and 3.0 use the same pan?
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

6.2L V8

T-Revv [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '17
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Dec 28, 2017, 02:12:15 PM »
do the 3.4 and 3.0 use the same pan?

They are different.  I had to find a 3.0L T100 oil pan...not an easy task. 

T-Revv [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '17
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Feb 14, 2018, 11:13:17 AM »
Well not much has happened lately.  But it is moving along. After deciding we didnt want to be working on it with all the built up oil, power steering fluid, transmission fluid, dirt, grime and god knows what else under the hood and on the frame, I spent a couple hours under there with putty knives to scrape, and degreaser and scrubbing pads going to town on that thing.  I stepped back into the shop smelling of orange from the degreasser and looking like I had just rolled in grease.  But it still was not as clean as I wanted.  So deciding it wasnt worth my time really get it all off, I took it to a local truck washer where they put it on a lift and sprayed it with their degreaser, scrubbed it pressure washed it.  The whole engine bay and under carriage.  This should make life much easier when we start really working on this.

T-Revv [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '17
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Feb 14, 2018, 12:00:28 PM »
Started getting my front housing cleaned up and the detent in the housing pushed out to accomidate my elockers.

T-Revv [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '17
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Feb 14, 2018, 12:37:46 PM »
The knuckle balls were looking a little pitted so we cleaned them up and got them looking good.

T-Revv [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '17
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Feb 15, 2018, 03:26:26 PM »
got the axle all gusseted with the full face diff armor, knuckle ball gussets and upper axle gusset. 

T-Revv [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '17
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Feb 27, 2018, 11:18:08 AM »
Well, still waiting on the rack to start getting this done.  Quick status update: Engine is done and ready to go in, trans is done and ready to go in, tcase is waiting for a 23 spline 2.28 input to come from Japan. Diffs are built and ready.   Been messing with my axle, got that armored,  got my high pinion Elocker diff installed, 30 spline EMPI shafts in, high steer arms on with 25mm pins top and bottom, and have been maching up Tacoma brakes.  Hopefully parts will start going under it soon, everything is basically prepped and ready.

T-Revv [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '17
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Mar 22, 2018, 09:42:54 AM »
Its finally on the lift and going under the knife (well plasma but you get it  :hahaha: ). All the IFS is cut off ready for the straight axle and lift to go in.  :cheese: 

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #44 on: Mar 26, 2018, 10:12:00 AM »
very nice Trev! whats your goal, to start driving it?
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

T-Revv [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '17
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Mar 26, 2018, 12:28:29 PM »
very nice Trev! whats your goal, to start driving it?

My goal is to have a rig that is trail capable, but still able to drive on the road.  Something I can put together once and not have to worry about for awhile.  I like to drive to trails wheel them and drive home.  I like to drive my rig to work every once and awhile.   If I spontaneously get a call from a friend that wants to go wheeling, I dont have to get things ready on my truck and fix this or that before I can go.  I know thats asking a lot and its not going to be perfect at all of those, but thats my goal... I think I answered your question...or maybe Im way off track..

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #46 on: Mar 26, 2018, 12:37:17 PM »
My goal is to have a rig that is trail capable, but still able to drive on the road.  Something I can put together once and not have to worry about for awhile.  I like to drive to trails wheel them and drive home.  I like to drive my rig to work every once and awhile.   If I spontaneously get a call from a friend that wants to go wheeling, I dont have to get things ready on my truck and fix this or that before I can go.  I know thats asking a lot and its not going to be perfect at all of those, but thats my goal... I think I answered your question...or maybe Im way off track..

yes and no.

Thats my goal as well on my ZJ. i can appreciate that. my original question was intended to ask what goal you had for completion.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

:)bestgen4runner

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2120
  • Male Posts: 1,794
  • Member since Mar '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Mar 26, 2018, 12:56:47 PM »
 :popcorn:
I am 1/5th of Perfect Fit
SqWADoosh [04:19 PM]: *sigh* I guess Chris is right and I just need to wait until I'm in a place where I have a tow rig and trailer before I get this caliber of truck
Mudder [08:28 PM]:   not try to be a jerk, but are you serious bestgen?
Prismo [06:11 PM]:   Done, time to relax or as Bestgen says....FREEDOM!
HogCanyonHopper [06:54 PM]:   I like my little rod. it gets the job done
H8PVMNT [03:30 PM]: I can go both ways.

T-Revv [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '17
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Mar 26, 2018, 12:58:10 PM »
yes and no.

Thats my goal as well on my ZJ. i can appreciate that. my original question was intended to ask what goal you had for completion.

Ah ok, sorry. My goal is to have it at the head for the hills poker run on May 18th.  :crossed:

T-Revv [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '17
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Mar 27, 2018, 11:00:11 AM »
Got the springs hanger installed, frame tubes in, motor mount boxed, springs mounted, axle hanging, steering box mount moved forward.

redneckcustoms13

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 7674
  • Male Posts: 2,513
  • Member since May '15
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #50 on: Mar 27, 2018, 11:06:39 AM »
Going taco slip on rotors?
83 long bed 2wd sas, 3rz, w56, duals with 4.7 rear, 4.88 elock front, spartan rear, 39.5 iroks
01 double cab hunting truck
06 tacoma street truck

T-Revv [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '17
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Mar 27, 2018, 11:11:39 AM »
Going taco slip on rotors?

Keep looking to see what is to come.  A few things up my sleeve.

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #52 on: Mar 27, 2018, 11:21:48 AM »
ya!!!!!
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,052
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Mar 27, 2018, 03:56:17 PM »

This is an achievable goal. My 89 has done great for almost a decade and a newer rig just improves the creature comforts at bit.
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2018, 11:07:18 AM by blackdiamond »
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

T-Revv [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '17
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Apr 03, 2018, 09:54:40 AM »
Well the Trunner is off the lift and sitting on its suspension and axles. Now we just need to finish building the tcase, and put in that beautiful rebuilt engine and new transmission, figure out drive lines and Ill be hitting the trail.  :D :thumbs:

redneckcustoms13

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 7674
  • Male Posts: 2,513
  • Member since May '15
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #55 on: Apr 03, 2018, 10:06:48 AM »
She sure is tall. I know you'll come down 2~3" with driveline installed but still seems way up there for 35s
83 long bed 2wd sas, 3rz, w56, duals with 4.7 rear, 4.88 elock front, spartan rear, 39.5 iroks
01 double cab hunting truck
06 tacoma street truck

T-Revv [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '17
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2018, 02:00:39 PM »
She sure is tall. I know you'll come down 2~3" with driveline installed but still seems way up there for 35s
Once the drivetrain is installed it will come down a couple of inches, and then probably another inch once springs settle.  But im also setting it up to go to 37's real soon.  Just decent tread on my 35's from my last build, so why spend the money I dont have to right now. Working on a budget. 

T-Revv [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '17
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2018, 02:06:49 PM »
Got my dual E-locker harness from Off-Road Solutions.  I knew they did good work but this blows me away.  The wiring is ridiculously clean, it has a super nice fuse block in it, everything is clearly labeled for ease of install. Wow.  If you guys need harness work, I definitely suggest giving Mike a call at Off-Road Solutions. 

T-Revv [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '17
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Jun 28, 2018, 10:14:57 AM »
Well my goal for a finished date has came and gone.  Shop has been busy, not a lot of time to work on the TRunner.  This last weekend was Moonlight Maddness in our local Area, and Big Mike was nice enough to let me take his First Gen while he was at Rubithon in his Tacoma.  Totally pumped I was able to participate this year, and in such a well built rig.  I had a great time.  Got a few pics from the day run, didnt get any during the night run. 

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #59 on: Jun 28, 2018, 03:54:52 PM »
Thats awesome!
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8