Author Topic: Help us with our Google Reviews! Updated - Thank you!  (Read 2805 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,289
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Help us with our Google Reviews! Updated - Thank you!
« on: Apr 25, 2017, 11:11:37 AM »
5/15 Update: Thank you to all who helped! We have off-set the fake reviews so I've removed the links from this thread :thumbs: We are sending out some sticker packs to a few users, and if you'd like some stickers for free in general follow the link below and just ask for em, thanks! :turtle:

If you have a Google account, then we'd like your help!

What's this about?
This is concerning help with our Google Reviews. I've been apprehensive to request this because I think reviews should be genuinely submitted or otherwise submitted without request, but I have reason to believe we have been receiving fake reviews on Google.

At the time of writing, we have 18 Google reviews. Of these, 7 are a 1-star and ALL SEVEN are from people who are NOT in our system. Not web orders, nor phone orders, nor walk-in orders. Further, I have replied to 6 of the 7 requesting restitution and so far none have even replied. We don't have records of any of these issues. The review without a reply, also from someone not in our system, cannot even be replied to (maybe it's too old or Google changed their system?).

For starters and direct to the point, if you are one of these reviewers then we want to help! PLEASE either respond to our reply to your Google review or send us a support message ASAP. :_order: Thank you!

Taking Action
Last month I decided to report what I believe are fake reviews to Google and so far not even a single response from Google or any of the reviewers. It's not that we don't make mistakes, we do, and it's not that we please everyone, we can't. But we have pride in how we always work to resolve all customer service issues and having reports of bad experiences that we can't provide assistance for is, plainly, stupid.

Therefore, I believe it is time to take action so here goes!! If Google won't remove fake reviews, then we'd like to humbly request additional reviews to offset these counterfeits. It goes beyond this as on Facebook we have nearly ten times more reviews (173 vs 18) -- so we are appreciative of simply having more Google reviews in the first place. Ultimately, we'd like to see our average rating get to what it should be had these bogus reviews not exist.

What we are asking:

How you can help:
  • Perform a Google search for Marlin Crawler, Inc.
  • On the right side, you should see "Marlin Crawler, Inc." with reviews down below. Either click the blue link for "## Google reviews" or the button for "Write a review".

Optional: Our thanks for your time!

From all of us here at Marlin Crawler, thank you for your help! :hattip:

Regards,
BigMike

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 08:38:11 AM by BigMike »
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 3744
  • Male Posts: 623
  • Member since Jun '15
  • GREEN NAME MAN BAD!
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
Re: Help us with our Google Reviews!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2017, 11:39:24 AM »
I'll put a word in for a great business :gap:
:)bestgen4runner [12:45 PM]:   I am so stupid.

Truer words have never been spoken...

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 10910
  • Male Posts: 2,416
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2017, 11:42:11 AM »
Mike,
I'm more than willing to leave a review on my personal experiences with MC which have been mostly great. However I also believe that this may be the space for some hard truths.

Those of us that frequent the forum are consistently seeing people coming to us looking for help on getting a hold of anyone at the company due to late or incorrect orders. The story is usually the same "I've been trying to get a hold of MC for days on the phone, email, and now I'm coming to the forum for help". This is where those of us that are in tune with the best time of day to get someone on the horn usually share our advice in that area and let them know that support is not offered via the forum. However it is a consistent issue with the company that I have experienced myself on many occasions. Now I am a patient enough guy to not let it get to me, but you have to know that your standard customer is not going to be so patient or forgiving. Especially if it is their first time dealing with the company.

I hate to say it but I have personally lost many friends over to "the other company who shall not be named" just due to the fact that they answer their phone and ship out their orders so quickly. People who know full well that MC makes the better product and is the original when it comes to Toyota crawling products. Still are going to go with the company that treats them with enough respect to answer the phone when they call or email them back. I know MC is a small company of a core group of guys and you and Marlin want to keep it that way. I just plead with you to get some better phone and email support so that you guys can retain customers. I hate seeing money that should be going in your pockets going to the rip off artists.

Thank you,
- Doosh

/soapbox
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2017, 11:59:25 AM by SqWADoosh »

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2017, 11:47:54 AM »
Here is my review to show you how much I love you guys. Only trying to help give you constructive criticism above.

If you own a Toyota and it sees the trail there is no better friend than Marlin Crawler. They are not blowing smoke when they say "The Original". Marlin is the innovator that has brought us dual cases, 4.7 gears, and many other game changing products that have brought Toyotas up to the top when it comes to Rock Crawling. I had the chance to personally see Marlin in action at the Rubicon fixing people's rigs at no charge. During his birthday weekend when he should be laying back enjoying a well deserved rest. The man is a legend and his company is one of the few that follow the old code. It doesn't get better and Marlin will always get my money for any product they carry.

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2017, 04:55:59 PM »
Mike,
I'm more than willing to leave a review on my personal experiences with MC which have been mostly great. However I also believe that this may be the space for some hard truths.

Believe me when I say this plus others are dully noted. It has been a lot of work but in the last year we have restructured our entire sales department (remodeled office, new equipment, new computers, complete overturn of staff), we've restructured our warehouse (repositioned entire floor space, new shipping materials, forklift, shelves, product placement, and another full overturn of staff), I unveiled our new more powerful and faster store website (complete backend upgrade) which has drastically increased the speed of order processing and has many new features, plus more being added daily, and finally germane to your well-typed reply is we are about to replace our over-the-hill phone system with a brand new fully customizable one that has been in the works for a while (I was hoping to unveil it New Years Day). We've also been able to purchase some awesome machines and equipment that we've never had before that are helping us design some really trick products that we will be rolling out 3rd and 4th qtr. These things have been keeping me very busy (and is why I've had to put my Tacoma build on hold). It's too early to forecast exactly when, but our forum presence/support here and elsewhere will be picking up as well.

Your review is honestly very heartfelt for us, thank you very much for posting it and also your hard truths! Both are appreciated :thumbs:

Regards,
BigMike

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2017, 04:59:57 PM »
Believe me when I say this plus others are dully noted. It has been a lot of work but in the last year we have restructured our entire sales department (remodeled office, new equipment, new computers, complete overturn of staff), we've restructured our warehouse (repositioned entire floor space, new shipping materials, forklift, shelves, product placement, and another full overturn of staff), I unveiled our new more powerful and faster store website (complete backend upgrade) which has drastically increased the speed of order processing and has many new features, plus more being added daily, and finally germane to your well-typed reply is we are about to replace our over-the-hill phone system with a brand new fully customizable one that has been in the works for a while (I was hoping to unveil it New Years Day). We've also been able to purchase some awesome machines and equipment that we've never had before that are helping us design some really trick products that we will be rolling out 3rd and 4th qtr. These things have been keeping me very busy (and is why I've had to put my Tacoma build on hold). It's too early to forecast exactly when, but our forum presence/support here and elsewhere will be picking up as well.

Your review is honestly very heartfelt for us, thank you very much for posting it and also your hard truths! Both are appreciated :thumbs:

Regards,
BigMike

This is so great to hear. If you would like someone to head up forum support I'd love to help out with that. I spend enough time on here for it to be a second job as it is already and have experience in customer support. Reach out to me if that interests you. I just want you guys to be around forever. I hope that came across. So glad to see you guys making these changes. It is really the only thing that has been holding you back. The products can't be touched in terms of quality and innovation and things like the roundup show how much you care about giving back to your customers.

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 09:59:56 PM »
done.
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,052
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 10:05:53 AM »
Done.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

redneckcustoms13

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 7674
  • Male Posts: 2,513
  • Member since May '15
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2017, 10:46:17 AM »
Gave my opinion.  :biggthumpup:
83 long bed 2wd sas, 3rz, w56, duals with 4.7 rear, 4.88 elock front, spartan rear, 39.5 iroks
01 double cab hunting truck
06 tacoma street truck

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
Helllllllllo Crawler Land! Thank you to those who helped out -- We've got enough reviews to offset the fake ones so thank you very much!

Also our new sales guys are really cook'n on the phones, so if you've had trouble getting through in the past give it another try. Also we are moving forward with our upgraded phone system I discussed about in reply #4 above so in a week or two we should have a nice new shiny phone system to better serve the community :phone:

Thanks again and Happy Crawl'n :turtlehead: :hattip:

Regards,
BigMike

megaphoneman

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 677
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Helllllllllo Crawler Land! Thank you to those who helped out -- We've got enough reviews to offset the fake ones so thank you very much!

Also our new sales guys are really cook'n on the phones, so if you've had trouble getting through in the past give it another try. Also we are moving forward with our upgraded phone system I discussed about in reply #4 above so in a week or two we should have a nice new shiny phone system to better serve the community :phone:

Thanks again and Happy Crawl'n :turtlehead: :hattip:

Regards,
BigMike

Mike,
For my Day job I do all sorts of IT or Systems Administration, from Desktop Support to Phone system Programing, server work and so on.... If you ever need a hand I do Contract work, and would be more then willing to lend a hand at greatly discounted price. I have always been an MC supporter. I have also noticed the decline or lack of presence in I guess what you would call the Inter webs, albeit Instagram, Facebook, online Forums, web reviews, and pretty much anything connecting you to the world short of a fax machine.  I know you do your best, and not quite sure how you get any sleep with all the work you do. But if at any point you need some help in the Technological or Online field Let me know.  I work with a couple other companies Managing Online portfolios, keeping them up to date with Content and so forth.