Author Topic: Lieutenant Dan and his new legs  (Read 1263 times)

on the rocks

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 51
  • Male Posts: 40
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
Lieutenant Dan and his new legs
« on: Feb 05, 2016, 11:21:41 AM »
1994 toyota 4runner 3.slo auto 4x4 bone stock. Got a dana 60 front and 14bolt rear 488s with detroits (axles came out of my old blazer.... bent frame and wouldn't pass smog) so this is where "Lieutenant Dan" begins. Bought the sky's offroad full width sas kit. And started to dig in. Not a big deal but where the shackle bushing frame tubes go on the passenger side is an external cooler for the transfer case. I'm going to find a safe place to relocate this. The skys kit is super simple. I could have made everything myself but time was the biggest factor. I mounted the new front crossmember so that back of it was flush with back of stock front crosmember fit it up, measured for square and welded it on. Next was to drill the frame for my shackle bushings (warning! there is a brace in the middle of the frame) the kit came with some frame jigs to place your tubes perfectly inside the body mount brackets. Got those drilled after about 30 min of work. Use a good amount of cutting lube a 1.5" metal hole saw worked great. Then I decided it was time to chop the IFS out. I found it easier to ubolt as much as I could. Using a plasma and some cut off wheels we cut off as much as possible. Once we finished that up I started to bolt the axle in with the rancho 44044 waggy springs. Got the axle bolted up and remeasured for square.... it was golden lol....... once we got the wheels and tires on the front i realized it's gonna be hiked up like a prom dress after midnight. Once I resize all these pictures I'll get them posted  :hammerhead:
haters stay home!

on the rocks [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
Re: Lieutenant Dan and his new legs
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2016, 11:43:28 AM »
Ok so I resized a bunch of my pictures and it's saying file sizes are too large.......wtf?
haters stay home!

OVRAROK

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26852
  • Male Posts: 3,506
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2016, 11:46:52 AM »
Ok so I resized a bunch of my pictures and it's saying file sizes are too large.......wtf?

Try posting pics through tapatalk, works for me
Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.

on the rocks [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2016, 11:59:57 AM »
I've never had good luck with taptalk......I'm going to try and do it all from my laptop later.......
haters stay home!

OTO Phil

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1018
  • Male Posts: 682
  • Member since Jan '16
  • Owner of Offroad Toy Outfitters
    • View Profile
    • Offroad Toy Outfitters
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2016, 12:53:45 PM »
Photo bucket is what I use. I like it because you can keep everything organized into different folders and stuff... Not that I've kept mine organized, I just think it's a cool feature haha
Offroad Toy Outfitters - The best place to find an experienced-based Toyota shop in the PNW and get hands-on with your next project!
2008 4runner V6: Manual transfer case swapped, 4.88s, rear ARB, custom fabricated bumpers, sliders and more!

1993 Standard cab chassis. 1989 Extended Cab. 22R-E BO .020, ENGNBLDR 261c cam, Doug Thorley Tri-Y header, Straight Pipe through a Flowmaster 40, ARB Rear Locker, York OBA with fabricated bracket.
Projects waiting in my shop: '83 Front Axle, TG Sliders, second tcase, XD 4.70 gears!