Author Topic: Oddest request of the day?  (Read 1033 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
Oddest request of the day?
« on: Jan 28, 2016, 06:43:43 PM »
Hey y'all,

I have a good friend, a super fabricator in the hot rod/rat rod realm. I'm asking for the specs or directions to the specs.
He has a 99 Taco 2wd nonprerunner...somehow or another it's going to be rat rodded. With an handmade Old Ford truck style bed. I have no idea how, but I have no doubt. He wants to go 4.10 to allow taller tires.

He needs to know the rear end ratio for the 4x4 and the face to face assy width. Also is the prerunner axle the same as the 4x4 axle.

What is the stock ratio in a 2wd nonprerunner axle assy. Oh, is the an optional 2wd rear end with a 4.10 ratio?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1421
  • Male Posts: 8,696
  • Member since Sep '05
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1421
  • Male Posts: 8,696
  • Member since Sep '05
Re: Oddest request of the day?
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2016, 10:52:12 PM »
not sure if it helped, but I remember that thread from years ago.... always had good info I thought
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
Re: Oddest request of the day?
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2016, 06:30:45 AM »
I sent it to him, if he has a 2wd v6 things should be quick and clean...if not, a little more info will be needed. But, thanks again.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)